Yes. After every ban wave a bunch of complaining threads pop up, usually in one of the following forms:
Claiming that bannable offenses (usually the one they were banned for) aren't priorities, that the devs should instead on balance issues or optimization.
Claiming that "a friend" got banned for something, but they didn't really mean it/know about it/do it on purpose and should be unbanned.
Admitting they were banned, but also claiming they didn't know that an (obviously) bannable offense was bannable, and blaming the devs for "not making the rules clear".
Admitting they were banned and claiming they don't really care (as evidenced by their thread totally not complaining about it).
Admitting they were banned and asking why people X, Y, Z weren't banned either (which they have no way of knowing).
Admitting they were banned, but blaming the devs for making the bannable offense possible (usually seen when complaining about DC bans).
Generic vitriol, clearly showing why they were banned in the first place.
@Slayer said:
I see a lot of people dc lately lke they dont even care
Yes if a palyer DCs an insanely high rate of his games, then he will be punished.
But if you only DC every third game or sth like this, then you will be fine. Deranking by DCing is still possible and thats just a big joke
Yes. After every ban wave a bunch of complaining threads pop up, usually in one of the following forms:
Claiming that bannable offenses (usually the one they were banned for) aren't priorities, that the devs should instead on balance issues or optimization.
Claiming that "a friend" got banned for something, but they didn't really mean it/know about it/do it on purpose and should be unbanned.
Admitting they were banned, but also claiming they didn't know that an (obviously) bannable offense was bannable, and blaming the devs for "not making the rules clear".
Admitting they were banned and claiming they don't really care (as evidenced by their thread totally not complaining about it).
Admitting they were banned and asking why people X, Y, Z weren't banned either (which they have no way of knowing).
Admitting they were banned, but blaming the devs for making the bannable offense possible (usually seen when complaining about DC bans).
Generic vitriol, clearly showing why they were banned in the first place.
And so on.
I bet many one hit wonders will reappear to complain after the next wave. I had 4 dcs in the first 3 games so its gonna be fun.
@Slayer said:
I see a lot of people dc lately lke they dont even care
Yes if a palyer DCs an insanely high rate of his games, then he will be punished.
But if you only DC every third game or sth like this, then you will be fine. Deranking by DCing is still possible and thats just a big joke
@Slayer said:
I see a lot of people dc lately lke they dont even care
Yes if a palyer DCs an insanely high rate of his games, then he will be punished.
But if you only DC every third game or sth like this, then you will be fine. Deranking by DCing is still possible and thats just a big joke
They dont ban anyone then
The complaint threads on this very forum about being banned for said dc's state otherwise.
@not_Queen said:
Yes we do ban for disconnects on PC. @HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
@not_Queen said:
Yes we do ban for disconnects on PC. @HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
Wanna be stucked at rank 1 as killer not getting survivors filled for several minutes? So much fun. The only reason why I DC is because of that. Removing the ability to derank will kill this game
@HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
Wanna be stucked at rank 1 as killer not getting survivors filled for several minutes? So much fun. The only reason why I DC is because of that. Removing the ability to derank will kill this game
No removing the ability to dc will improve it so that if you want to derank go find a nice quiet corner and run Insidious. You derank just fine and don't screw over the other 4 people in your game.
@HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
Wanna be stucked at rank 1 as killer not getting survivors filled for several minutes? So much fun. The only reason why I DC is because of that. Removing the ability to derank will kill this game
No removing the ability to dc will improve it so that if you want to derank go find a nice quiet corner and run Insidious. You derank just fine and don't screw over the other 4 people in your game.
What? You mean AFKing? Honestly this pisses me off as survivor, I hate friendly killers who want to farm, and I hate afk killers. I'm absolutely fine with killer who DCs immediately to derank, that doesn't bother me at all. Idk what point your trying to make
@HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
Wanna be stucked at rank 1 as killer not getting survivors filled for several minutes? So much fun. The only reason why I DC is because of that. Removing the ability to derank will kill this game
No removing the ability to dc will improve it so that if you want to derank go find a nice quiet corner and run Insidious. You derank just fine and don't screw over the other 4 people in your game.
You cant remove the ability to DC because you will always be able to terminate the connection.
What needs to happen is PUNISHMENT for DCing. And I mean real punishment, you know what im talking about
I know some big streamers dc'ing for derank on purpose, because ranked system is a joke and in purple ranks you have more games and it's imo more balanced. Waiting times on rank One is biggest cancer in this game. I'm rank One on both sides and as Killer my waiting time is like 15 minutes, on rank Five this time is like 8 minutes max, rank Ten you get insta lobby, but Survs plays Sonic Self-carish builds and die on hook in first 5 minutes.
And here is my Q:
If I play normally as Surv and dc in open gate, or on death hook - is this bannable? How you know if I dc in first 2 seconds of game or I made 4 gens, save 2 Survs from hook, open one gate and dc?
@maaadinsomniac said:
I know some big streamers dc'ing for derank on purpose, because ranked system is a joke and in purple ranks you have more games and it's imo more balanced. Waiting times on rank One is biggest cancer in this game. I'm rank One on both sides and as Killer my waiting time is like 15 minutes, on rank Five this time is like 8 minutes max, rank Ten you get insta lobby, but Survs plays Sonic Self-carish builds and die on hook in first 5 minutes.
And here is my Q:
If I play normally as Surv and dc in open gate, or on death hook - is this bannable? How you know if I dc in first 2 seconds of game or I made 4 gens, save 2 Survs from hook, open one gate and dc?
A DC is always a DC, no matter when or why it happens.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yes thay do. They will ban someone if they have dc some % of all the matches they have played, idk the number
They have an automated system that detects the ratio of disconnections to number of games played.
Yes. After every ban wave a bunch of complaining threads pop up, usually in one of the following forms:
And so on.
I would like to add a point to the above post :
Ah, yes, that's a personal favorite. Literally saying they were hacking or whatever, but "everyone does it" (they don't), so they should be unbanned.
Yes if a palyer DCs an insanely high rate of his games, then he will be punished.
But if you only DC every third game or sth like this, then you will be fine. Deranking by DCing is still possible and thats just a big joke
I don't think it applies to consoles unfortunately.
Yes we do ban for disconnects on PC.
@HellDescent Sadly it doesn't apply to console yet. Hopefully will get an ETA on this soon!
I had 4 dcs in the first 3 games so its gonna be fun.
They dont ban anyone then
The complaint threads on this very forum about being banned for said dc's state otherwise.
Why is there a 2 depip on DC when rank is really just an MMR? If a percentage of games are being looked at people can still derank by playing essentially afk games inbetween DC games.
Just remove the depip as well as banning excessive dc.
No removing the ability to dc will improve it so that if you want to derank go find a nice quiet corner and run Insidious. You derank just fine and don't screw over the other 4 people in your game.
Guess you are playing in a full SWF, thats why noone DCs in your team
You cant remove the ability to DC because you will always be able to terminate the connection.
What needs to happen is PUNISHMENT for DCing. And I mean real punishment, you know what im talking about
I know some big streamers dc'ing for derank on purpose, because ranked system is a joke and in purple ranks you have more games and it's imo more balanced. Waiting times on rank One is biggest cancer in this game. I'm rank One on both sides and as Killer my waiting time is like 15 minutes, on rank Five this time is like 8 minutes max, rank Ten you get insta lobby, but Survs plays Sonic Self-carish builds and die on hook in first 5 minutes.
And here is my Q:
If I play normally as Surv and dc in open gate, or on death hook - is this bannable? How you know if I dc in first 2 seconds of game or I made 4 gens, save 2 Survs from hook, open one gate and dc?
A DC is always a DC, no matter when or why it happens.