Auto aim, would you like to have it removed or disabled atleast for a while or nah?
I would like to do a little experiment like the devs did with bloodlust, just disable it for like 1 week and see what the results are.
I for my part hate the auto aim, yes I know the devs deny its excistence but for us players its more than obvious that there is something like this in the game, whatever the devs want to say or call it, it is still basicly a auto aim assist and i do miss some hits BECAUSE of it. Sure there might be some hits that you wouldnt have gotten without it but again, there are ALSO hits you miss because of it, so it is basicly a 50/50. We dont need such a thing like a auto aim in dbd and it should never be in, its annoying and feels awfull.
Especially on pallet breaking abilities like oni, blight, billy, bubba etc, sometimes your camera SNAPPS right to the pallet or wall and you break it even though you clearly looked at the survivors direction, its just dumb.
Comments
There's no auto-aim. There's aim-dressing which does something slightly different (it applies after the hit is 'confirmed'... and then stupidly can also subsequently deny the hit), though unfortunately the end result is the same.
thats what the devs said xD
Disabling the aim dressing as a little experiment could be interesting- I've been "dressed" out of a hit before, either because of environmental objects or because it stupidly still auto-dresses to survivors who are on a hook, so seeing how the game fares without it could be a valuable experiment.
Yes, that'd be great, I hate getting my lunges ended prematurely because the game said so
Lost count of how many times I got pulled into a pallet with bubba’s chainsaw even though I wasn’t facing it and I would have downed the survivor if it didn’t happen
Aim dressing is literally auto aim. There is no other game where there's a thing called "aim dressing" BHVR just called it that to be special.
There actually is a difference. If their description is accurate - which it seems to be based on my experience - the aim dressing doesn't give you any hits you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. What it does is turn the camera once you've gotten a hit to try and make the hit be on the centre of your screen, so that it doesn't look weird.
Auto aim, by contrast, would correct your camera/swing position to give you a hit that would've missed otherwise.
Yet auto aim can just be mitigated by you turning you camera a little bit... And aim dressing is a disaster of a aim system they created. They essentially do the same thing with different names.
N... No, they do different things. I just outlined what the difference is?
I would just like a toggle-able reticle dot to show me the center of the screen
I said essentially the same thing which is true. They both barely do anything if you're somewhat decent at a game but aim dressing ######### you over which is its only purpose.
But they don't do essentially the same thing. Auto aim would give you far more hits than the aim dressing function, all the aim dressing does is turn the camera to make the hit you already got look nicer- and occasionally ######### over that hit, which is the main problem with it.
I'm not arguing against it being removed, I'm just pointing out that it's not an auto aim system and there is a difference.
Yesterday when I picked up killer again, it was horrible missing a lot of lunges because survivors would often 360 or mess with my aim assist and then it feels like it hits but it's actually making my aim assist crazy missing hits.
Auto Aim or Aim Dressing there is something weird in the game because there are times I go to swing at a Survivor and I'm looking at them when I swing and my char turns towards a wall slightly or I look up slightly.
Yeah, it doesn't work very well. I usually get robbed of a hit by hitting an object as someone rounds a corner- weirdly, it seems to happen with the hay on Coldwind a lot. Maybe that's just confirmation bias on my part, though, lol.
If they have auto-aim, I just want them to do it right. Let it be in the killer's favor, not the survivors'. It should make your hit accuracy better, not worse. Because right now survivors are still able to 360 you since the poor killer fov pretty much overrides the auto-aim. And when that doesn't happen, and you're chasing a survivor around a loop normally, it makes you hit the wall or do a short swing instead of what you wanted. And that's not even going into aim dressing, which actively works against any auto aim that we supposedly have.
Survivors abuse aim-dressing to cause hits to miss more often than it actually helps, so I'd love to see it gone.
Yes, delete it. Pit it in the bin