Why I’m excited for the new chapter.
1.New Map: I’m a freak of new maps. And since it can be harder for me to focus and track I like the brightness.
2.New strong killer: New strong killer who seems S tier. I do expect nerfs but I feel like it’s old Nurse to new Nurse in the changes don’t affect her strength too much. Like Old Spirit to New Spirit. I suspect 4.4 is possible but I couldn’t see it really dropping her from S tier. Huge map pressure potential with great anti-loop
3.Killer perks look good: New Scourge phenomenal. New Hex could work great before boons. But, it seems like a hope for Tapp in lobby perk. Unless they make boons count. Grim Imbrace buff duration and I can see it I wonder what a minute would be like.
Don’t really care for the survivor perks Boon: Exponential people are thinking this is COH strong which it’s not even close. And far more situational then the other two. The gen perk one thought of that for a chapter once but can be good in lower ranks or a troll who runs Technician
Only concern: Overcome will be a nightmare for killers with no speed. Or minimal. So some killers normally quite good can suffer Pyramid and Spirit. And the usual joke killers like Myers or Legion. So 3/5 mains safe on my end. RIP to Pyramid and Nemesis potentially
Comments
I think legion would counter overcome quite well with feral frenzy.
New map does look good.
Artist...honestly, if they nerf her, I'm probably done.
That would show that BHVR don't really care about breaking up the monotonous trinity of Huntress, Nurse and Blight being the only viable killers at higher MMRs and are more focused on letting survivors feel like winners every game, even if it comes at the express expense of people who want to have fun playing killer.
Exponential is fine. It's not CoH.
Overcome however...that's going to be as bad if not worse than CoH. It's a ridiculous perk that could well end up totally breaking the game - it's basically a team wide sprint burst that can be fitted into 1 slot. Honestly, I can't think of a more blatantly overpowered perk since CoH's could stack and make groups basically invulnerable (which forum survivors defended endlessly).
This patch and how BHVR move going forward from here is going to be the deciding factor in whether I stick with DbD going forward or find something else to enjoy, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one.
Killer players are miserable right now, and feel like they have to camp/turbo-tunnel every game unless they are playing one of the big 3. On the other hand, survivor queues are getting silly and are only going to get worse.
I'd guess the opposite.
You injure someone. Then you injure someone else. Then you end Frenzy and try to down them - only now they've gotten a free, completely automatic sprint burst (on top of their other perks), have predropped a pallet and are now in a totally safe loop teabagging you.
Map is nice, I like the map.
Killer is great, I like the killer.
All the perks suck though imo except Overcome and Scourge.
Even then, Scourge I'm not overly excited about since it's just a 12 second solo gen regress per scourge hook you use or ~6 seconds if two people are on it. First chase typically takes 2-3 generators worth of time if the survivors bumrush them, and you only get the regression if you have a scourge hook nearby to use. I just feel like the usual regression perks are better (Deadlock, Corrupt, even Ruin).
Overcome paired with CoH will probably be a nightmare since you're discouraged from both chasing them or breaking off the chase unless you have a way to 1 shot or catch up asap.
Nothing else is worth talking about.
You could hit them than run right back up to them though, if you don’t go for other people ppl.
The issue isn't generally how much distance they can cover - it's how soon can they reach a safe tile.
I guess so. So that’s why you than grab slinger, a complete counter to- ohhhh that’s why.
Why am I suddenly seeing complaints about Overcome? It lacks very lacklustre to me.
To me, it means I won't have to put up with Dead Hard at all, and that sounds extremely appealing ngl.
It appeases an unhealthy meta.
I’m just excited to go up against the new killer tbh, the survivor is meh
Overcome won't be a problem
Legion gets his full duration of feral frenzy when he injures them. The 4 extra meters they make will be regained in seconds.
Myers in tier 3 can make overcome never trigger at all.
Almost half the roster can completly deny or severly reduce the effectiveness of the perk.
And even if you play a killer who can't. I would gladly chase the 8 extra seconds knowing fully well they don't have dead hard and i can tunnel without a care in the world cause overcome does nothing when they are unhooked.
To see how good a perk is you don't only look at the best case scenario but also concider the worst. The community is really bad at this.
Not only is it not going to be a problem, it's close to the worst exhaustion perk in the game.
This. I really don't know why people are complaining. I bet most people will just stick with DH.
If a huntress snipes you from a decent distance/across map and Artist killer Crows you can get distance if you hear heartbeat/TR. Other than that it sounds silly, but I never use self-care those people are gonna love this perk overcome.
Dead hard used to be exhausted on the ground.
As Trapper main, I can make Overcome exhausted on the trap.
I can't really be excited for new chapters. I'll be more excited when the game is balanced a bit better
I wait for the patch notes before I get too excited
This. It's best to wait before getting excited... Things can change before launch.
Map is interesting, but have you seen totem spawns there? It's going to be one of the worst maps for totems.
I think I can make Overcome busted combined with CoH...
It's not really perk you can just use alone tho.
but with CoH / Medkit? Yeah, that will be fun to hold W.
New map looks bad tbh. Not enough grass for a killer like trapper and way too open making killers like trickster or nurse even more unbearable
new killer looks boring. More of the same anti loop stuff. Her perks look pretty cool though
Survivor is boring and so are his perks
That’s why I don’t see it as a big deal for Trapper. If you hit them they’re likely gonna run out of your trap area and you wouldn’t want to chase regardless.
Or survivor can just run overcome with dead hard. You get hit overcome activate killer drop chase you work on gen injure you recover your exaustion when the killer find you again you have dead hard rdy to go.
The complain about the perk are not sudden a lot of people complain about the perk at the start of the ptb its just more people complain about the crow lady so their complain got kimda buried
Head on will always be worst.
Hence close to but even then.
Atleast with head on you can jump in a locker after being unhooked and maybe stun the killer if he thinks to long about eating the ds or not.
Overcome does nothing
I feel like the devs just hate Trapper. 😔
They do. For being the mascot he doesn’t get many cosmetics and is still bottom of the tier lists.