Why does nobody play death slinger anymore?

I never see him anymore but he hardly even got nerfed. He's much more fair now and is still an absolute MONSTER in chase if you can aim, so what's the problem? He's actually kind of fun(?) to go against now. Please more of him instead of huntress haha 🙏

Comments

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296869/why-does-nobody-play-death-slinger-anymore

    Why would people use Slinger over Huntress in his current state? Everything that Slinger had going over Huntress - quickscoping, reactivity, and stealth - has been removed from his kit. When you take those away, Huntress is objectively better and more rewarding to play - she's not range-capped, has more favorable hitboxes, and isn't punished as much for missing. She also has a higher skill ceiling.

    If you think he hardly got nerfed, you don't understand how he worked. His main draw was the quickscopes; people who were used to FPS games had a killer who rewarded that skillset, and that doesn't work anymore. And Monitor went from borderline OP on him to borderline mandatory just to make up for how crippling a 32m TR is for Slinger. They should have given him a 24m lullaby instead of that.

    Don't forget that she can down over pallets and she can recover from hit faster (no need to reload after each shot), better add-ons, she can also flick and her mechanic holding hatchet is just way better to use than ADS of Deathslinger.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Deathslinger and Trickster both have The Huntress Problem: they don't bring anything to the table that makes them a better option than Huntress if you're looking to play a ranged killer. They have all of the same drawbacks but nothing that meets or exceeds her strengths in any area. That's before you even get into the fun factor. It's obviously very subjective, but Huntress is miles ahead of Slinger or Trickster in the fun to play department.

    Trickster is less punished for missing and his time to down in open is better. He is kinda ranged bubba.

    but yeah, Deathslinger has nothing, only limitations that they don't have.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664344#Comment_2664344

    Yea and my point was that yours is dumb. Saying "play duh chareecter!!!" means literally nothing. You don't want to make a valid point and would rather just write off everyone who disagrees with you as scrubs. If you can name any down side to being able to zone survivors in every possible way then please tell me. I'm interested in hearing.

    You are not faster than survivors while doing that...

    It's also boring af and his ADS mechanic with lower sensitivity and FOV is super clumsy. His zoning is not even better than Huntress.

    Tell me reason to play him and not Huntress? There were reasons before, but they got removed. I can tell you a lot of reasons why not play him.

  • I love how every time survivors beg for nerfs there's always those few survivor mains that go "the nerf is no big deal, the really good ::insert killer:: players will be fine and still 4k easily!!! It's just the low skill bad ones that'll be weeded out!!"

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296869/why-does-nobody-play-death-slinger-anymore

    While I'm in the camp of his ADS change wasn't nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be. His TR nerf(increased) was overkill. And ruined him completly. If I play him now. I honostly patrol my hook and surrounding gens and see if I can snowball. Because people run early and often against him now

    TR nerf make him worse killer, ASD nerf made him clumsy and unfun to use (for me).

    I can deal with weaker killer, but why should I bother when I don't enjoy it?

    I played him 100% for a quickscope. He is just not interesting without it.

  • @Vampwire said:

    People are just mad they don't have brain dead killers who win in every scenario. And that's not an exaggeration either. Old slinger literally won in every single situation just because survivors had no way to tell when he would shoot.

    Old slinger was like huntress with no wind up time. So that's what they did to balance him. They made you have to plan shots instead of quickscoping when its convenient to. Slinger still has a lot going for him in a chase, people just don't care how to learn his mechanics because they're use to getting free hits.

    If you think Slinger was brain dead to play, then you very clearly have never played him. He was fine before, but people whined to the devs and now he’s in the trash.

  • Used to main spirit, then deathslinger, now I'm on pinhead..

  • Deathslinger went from being a balanced killer who when mastered would dominate chases while still have counterplay options against (unlike nurse).

    Then he got nerfed in every aspect he was good in so really surprising people aren't playing him.

    Survivors just need to stop asking for every killer to be nerfed because they can't bother to learn play against or accept the killer player was good. All you are doing is removing variety then complaining that killers are playing the few good killers remaining.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664453#Comment_2664453

    There is no strawman I work on airplanes for a living you probably dont so therefore I wouldn't go to your plane advice

    I play slinger you obviously don't so therefore people shouldn't go to you for slinger advice or opinions it really is that simple

    Stop overthinking it my guy your all in your feelings taking it personally when I'm talking in facts

    Sorry if the facts hurt your feelings but they are what they are that's why there facts they don't change

    You're definitely trolling. Anybody who's unironically this dense is just really sad to see.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664489#Comment_2664489

    I always played him ADS. So I won't say the ADS ruined him. He's still usable and functions exactly the same. I won't say that he doesn't feel clunky for the people who DID quick scope with him though. His power still is usable though. The TR nerf(increase) was the BIGGEST killer to me

    I am not saying he is useless. He is far from worst kiler in the game, but he is just clumsy, worse, less unique, less fun, lower skill ceiling Huntress.

    He has limitations other ranged killers don't, he has two weird mechanics (ADS, reel) that are actually downgrade for him.

    He had two major things and one minor going for him: lower TR, quick-scope and mending. Let's be honest almost noone cares about mending, it actually got worse because of CoH too. So he just has nothing going for him, play Trickster or Huntress instead.

  • Punished for having good aim, feelsbadman


    I still play him from time to time. But loops are even more miserable, he was already pretty hard countered by them if you drop early instead of playing super greedy, which is where he usually got you with the quickshots, but now he can't do that and people can get away with being greedy more often which extends the chase/looping.


    Mah poor cowboy :(

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664499#Comment_2664499

    Yea basically. What he has going for him is that STBFL is god tier on him. That's about it now.

    Yeah, that is good perk for him, not Demo level good tho. Problem is that you can't 100% go around obsession and if you are unlucky, your obsession will see what you are trying to do and never struggle, which is huge problem.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664466#Comment_2664466

    You're definitely trolling. Anybody who's unironically this dense is just really sad to see.

    It's funny I was gonna say the same about you mate

    I'm sorry you can't accept facts

    One day you'll get older and realize why they are called facts

    I would link you a dictionary but I don't think you'd read it sadly

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664507#Comment_2664507

    It's actually better on him then demo TBH. With 8 stacks(even slightly less). You recover fast enough to shoot them before they're out of range(if you can land the hit). STBFL on demo is honostly overated. He can't hit a shred before they get anywhere. You still have to chase a little bit. But people love it on demo because you can save stacks. You can work around it with slinger by eating a stun for the first hit and save 2 stacks.

    yeah, but that takes time. That's a problem and it can get worse when obsession refuses to struggle and will try to body-block for others etc.

    Demo doesn't really care about that.

    It actually wasn't that rare to see for me and it was super annoying.

  • @Regulus47 said:

    I never see him anymore but he hardly even got nerfed. He's much more fair now and is still an absolute MONSTER in chase if you can aim, so what's the problem? He's actually kind of fun(?) to go against now. Please more of him instead of huntress haha 🙏

    Why don't you play Deathslinger for a change then?

    And if you don't want to play him, then how can you expect anyone else to want to play an unfun killer because you want to play against them?

  • Because everything that people fun about him was removed since survivors said that they weren't having fun. If everything that makes Deathslinger Deathslinger is taken away, why would people play deathslinger unless they're using a build that requires M1s to use?

    Deathslinger was also a decent killer at best. The fact that they nuked his kit so hard and giving borderline nothing in return means that his viability is more on the "it's a chore to play" side of things.

  • Because Deahtslinger before nerf and after nerf are totally different killers.

  • @Vampwire said:

    People are just mad they don't have brain dead killers who win in every scenario. And that's not an exaggeration either. Old slinger literally won in every single situation just because survivors had no way to tell when he would shoot.

    Old slinger was like huntress with no wind up time. So that's what they did to balance him. They made you have to plan shots instead of quickscoping when its convenient to. Slinger still has a lot going for him in a chase, people just don't care how to learn his mechanics because they're use to getting free hits.

    Typical survivor entitlement. You could predict shots and make him miss. Now you seem salty because people just play other, more rewarding killers. Playing a chase that the survivor controls isn’t fun, so don’t be surprised there are fewer slingers now.

  • @Vampwire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664283#Comment_2664283

    Okay then how is he dead? Because all I see is actual counterplay. I don't see why he should be able to shoot survivors without any reaction time as that goes against any good design philosophy. Deathslinger desperately needed the nerf and saying he didn't is just a massive cope. In every loop you died just because you couldn't do anything against him. Vault? Shot. Run to the pallet? Shot. Fake it? Hit. In the open? Zig zag and lose distance or get shot. Every scenario with Deathslinger was a lose for survivors. And I actually have a fair amount of hours put into Deathslinger as well. I have him P3 and a handful of cosmetics along with knowing his mechanical side too. Reeling around corners and prediction are a big part of his kit and is what I consider his skill ceiling. With old Slinger you never had to use these though. Why would you when you could just noscope survivors like its BO2?

    The "oh well you just never played the character" thing is a non-argument. It's like moral high ground. You can say things to paint me in a certain light to try and put yourself above me, but it doesn't disprove anything I've said. All you're doing is making a desperate attempt to discredit me in probably one of the most childish ways possible. I'd also like to add that you don't need a million hours in a character to say "oh okay that's bullshit". If anything you should've been the one playing against old Deathslinger. I've already stated in this reply the reasons why he was busted. If you don't see any design flaw with that then I don't think there's anything I could say to change your mind.

    Counterplay...was literally hugging loops and using Unique movement against slinger to make him whiff shots, I've versed so many slingers and even good ones at that. Use a longwall against him and force him to walk, be unpredictable. like Nurse Movement,

    It's like with huntress, Keep blocking LoS and pre-drop pallets against them, then make distance with them breaking pallet, and chances are, even if you pre-drop and get either a stun or being shot, if he's right on top of the pallet as he shot you due to locked animation, then you still get away with him either breaking the chain or he m1's (if you're injured in this scenario then he'd m1'd it) ...He has alot of counterplay, even the old slinger still got countered here and there... also Holding W and not mindgaming also works against him

    @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664450#Comment_2664450

    I've probably played 2k hours as slinger so unless you've played more then that then yeah I would say ik more about the character then you

    2k hours? mmm.. not bad, i've poured just bout the same or more, forgot the total hours tbf.. all i know is that i remembered being the top 3 slingers NA and that's bout it really.

    Not trying to brag or boast about hours but.... I'm sure i can also provide clips if needed..

  • All they needed to do was make him commit to his shots(extend ADS exit time). I mained him and even I found it annoying playing against a deathslinger who would just constantly fake shots to gain distance against you. They butchered him though an improved ADS speed to compensate for the neutering they did. I'm going to parrot what everyone has been saying might as well play huntress for more fun and better results.

  • because the shoot hitbox is very small, and the camera moves very slow while aiming, survivors keep faking their movement making you missing a lot of shots...



    huntress is much much MUCH easy to use compared to him, bigger hitbox proyectile, and faster camera while aiming


    he should be a 115% move speed to compensate how bad is compared to her

  • Heres the thing - Slinger filled this niche, it wasnt a powerful one, but slinger fit it perfectly.

    Than, they changed him, and he's got all the bad parts of an normal killer with all the bad parts of a ranged killer.


    He doesnt fit any niche anymore, and hes just kinda there.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2664328#Comment_2664328

    Trickster is less punished for missing and his time to down in open is better. He is kinda ranged bubba.

    but yeah, Deathslinger has nothing, only limitations that they don't have.

    Even then, it's marginally better time to down that assumes perfect aim. Plus Trickster has a ton of downsides.

  • Because he's really bad now and the nerfs were completely unnecessary. He was basically deleted from the game.

1 2 ›