Making a “Personal Build” for fun!

Instead of just doing what it takes to win… Putting yourself in a game if able makes it more immersive/fun. I’ve been winning a lot more. When I lose I’m not as upset either. It’s similar to picking a killer that best suits your approach. Some people can play a particular killer often, but can never really get the feel for them. Survivor perks could work the same.

Say you’re a paramedic IRL. You’d have powers that’ll help/find injured people. If you’re an athlete you’d have adrenaline perks to utilize against a threat. If you’re a narcissist you’ll have selfish powers like Left Behind, or Fast Track. If you’re an activist you’d have For the People. If you’re intuitive you’d have “sense” powers like Small Game, etc.

So based on my job (Pharmacy Tech) I can find, and make the most use out of different medicines. My personality (Eccentric) makes me creative, but weird. Then there’s my lifestyle. Full of wild misadventures in which I learned valuable life lessons. I decided that my “Personal” build is…

Streetwise. Built To Last. Pharmacy. Ace in the Hole / Mettle of Man.

I help others using the knowledge I have from experience. I’ll even risk my own well-being to protect others. Whenever I go the extra mile to help people I “Shine” the most. I’ll bare the burden, and endure the pain until I see the change for better. Even if it brings me misfortune.

Obviously the build has its shortcomings. There’s killers that can counter a given build. The thing is who cares? You can play 3 nights without seeing said killer. Etc. So it makes sense that if you make a particular build it’ll have a natural weakness. As someone providing medicines my nightmare would be facing something that makes everyone sick. My “Arch Enemy” would be The Plague.

That’s my general take on DBD to make it more fun, at least for me. So tell me. If you were thrown into the Entity’s Realm what powers/perks would you have? Based on your profession, personality, hobbies, lifestyle, etc? Be honest! Because everyone in DBD wouldn’t have Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Decisive, and CoH. 😂

Comments

  • My personal build would be :


    Bite The Bullet

    Overcome

    Self-Aware

    We'll Make It


    Not an optimal build, but hey... at least I can heal you at the hook.... quietly.

  • My build would probably be

    Iron Will

    Mettle Of Man

    Deception

    Up The Ante

    Not the best Perks, but also not the worst, and they also fit

  • Okay hear me out, complete aura blocking build.

    Distortion

    Off the Record

    Sole Survivor

    Boon: Shadowstep

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Okay hear me out, complete aura blocking build.

    Distortion

    Off the Record

    Sole Survivor

    Boon: Shadowstep

    That could be fun. I might try it out

  • Well I love information and learning new things so I think a full aura reading build is my personal build

    Open Handed

    Visionary

    Windows of oppurtunity

    Bond

  • Ooh, interesting.


    Alert

    Situational Awareness / Better Together

    Calm Spirit (albeit only the crow aspect of it)

    Lightweight


    It's largely based on me having the unintentional tendency to just silently (dis)appear, and also me being very aware of my immediate surroundings. Though when I do get caught a tight spot, chances are I'll fall quicker than most. If the killer does ambush me, I'm just dead.

    Also, I've always been in terrible shape, so no exhaustion perks for me.

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    Instead of just doing what it takes to win… Putting yourself in a game if able makes it more immersive/fun. I’ve been winning a lot more. When I lose I’m not as upset either. It’s similar to picking a killer that best suits your approach. Some people can play a particular killer often, but can never really get the feel for them.

    Say you’re a paramedic IRL. You’d have powers that’ll help/find injured people. If you’re an athlete you’d have adrenaline perks to utilize against a threat. If you’re a narcissist you’ll have selfish powers like Left Behind, or Fast Track. If you’re an activist you’d have something like For the People. If you’re intuitive you’d have “sense” powers like Premonition, Small Game, etc.

    So based on my job (Pharmacy Tech), personality (Eccentric), and my lifestyle full of misadventures whenever I go somewhere… I decided that my “Personal” build is…

    Streetwise. Built To Last. Pharmacy. Ace in the Hole / Mettle of Man.

    I basically risk my own well-being to protect others, and that gets me into trouble. Looking out for others during their time misfortune keeps me going IRL. Even if it brings me misfortune. Whenever I go the extra mile to help people I “Shine” the most, and I see the change for better.

    Obviously the build has its shortcomings. There’s killers like Plague that renders healing items useless. One Shot killers can deny the healthy state. The thing is who cares? The game is random. So you can play 3 nights without seeing a single Plague, or Ghost Face. Etc. It makes sense that if you make a particular build it’ll have a natural weakness. Much like having an arch enemy the way the survivors do in the game. In my case my “Arch Enemy” would be The Plague.

    That’s my general take on DBD to make it more fun, at least for me. So tell me. If you were thrown into the Entity’s Realm what powers/perks would you have? Based on your profession, personality, hobbies, lifestyle, etc? Be honest! Because everyone in DBD wouldn’t have Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Decisive, and CoH. 😂

    That's exactly what I did as killer.

    My focus is always on causing maximum havoc, moreso than just 4king.

    Plaything+Retribution+BBQ+Devour Hope/Tinkerer/Surge

    The Plaything+Retribution is the core of this. They either give me massive info or get constantly jumpscared.

  • Well, I use a build to combat what annoys me on solo.

    1. Having Kindred and going to second stage.
    2. Not being able to be healed because for some reason when I need my teammates, I am alone on the map.
    3. Getting tunneled.

    So I created the following. It's not the most viable build but it helps for these situations.

    1. Up the Ante
    2. Slippery Meat
    3. Decisive Strike
    4. Boon: Circle of Healing

    The reason I don't use Deliverance is basically that if you're found first, the Perk is rendered uselss, so I'd rather go for the more safer option of having 6 attempts with a higher chance to jump off the hook. DS, so if I jump off the hook first try and the Killer downs me and picks me up, I can use DS on them. And CoH because it outclasses every other healing Perk and I also don't want to rely on an item every match so I use a Perk instead.

  • Bite the Bullet

    Bite the Bullet

    Bite the Bullet

    Bite the Bullet

    i eat bullets

  • No Mither

    Selfcare

    Inner Strength/Healing

    Second Wind/Renewal

    About as usefull as i am

  • I mean, if based on personality:

    • Balanced Landing
    • Leader
    • Calm Spirit
    • Off the Record
  • @GillyBeannn said:

    Okay hear me out, complete aura blocking build.

    Distortion

    Off the Record

    Sole Survivor

    Boon: Shadowstep

    You’re a ghost! 😂

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    No Mither

    Selfcare

    Inner Strength/Healing

    Second Wind/Renewal

    About as usefull as i am

    Awww but you can keep standing up!

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    Instead of just doing what it takes to win… Putting yourself in a game if able makes it more immersive/fun. I’ve been winning a lot more. When I lose I’m not as upset either. It’s similar to picking a killer that best suits your approach. Some people can play a particular killer often, but can never really get the feel for them.

    Say you’re a paramedic IRL. You’d have powers that’ll help/find injured people. If you’re an athlete you’d have adrenaline perks to utilize against a threat. If you’re a narcissist you’ll have selfish powers like Left Behind, or Fast Track. If you’re an activist you’d have something like For the People. If you’re intuitive you’d have “sense” powers like Premonition, Small Game, etc.

    So based on my job (Pharmacy Tech), personality (Eccentric), and my lifestyle full of misadventures whenever I go somewhere… I decided that my “Personal” build is…

    Streetwise. Built To Last. Pharmacy. Ace in the Hole / Mettle of Man.

    I basically risk my own well-being to protect others, and that gets me into trouble. Looking out for others during their time misfortune keeps me going IRL. Even if it brings me misfortune. Whenever I go the extra mile to help people I “Shine” the most, and I see the change for better.

    Obviously the build has its shortcomings. There’s killers like Plague that renders healing items useless. One Shot killers can deny the healthy state. The thing is who cares? The game is random. So you can play 3 nights without seeing a single Plague, or Ghost Face. Etc. It makes sense that if you make a particular build it’ll have a natural weakness. Much like having an arch enemy the way the survivors do in the game. In my case my “Arch Enemy” would be The Plague.

    That’s my general take on DBD to make it more fun, at least for me. So tell me. If you were thrown into the Entity’s Realm what powers/perks would you have? Based on your profession, personality, hobbies, lifestyle, etc? Be honest! Because everyone in DBD wouldn’t have Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Decisive, and CoH. 😂

    For Survivor:

    Resilience (or some other "calm under pressure" style perk)

    Calm Spirit (I'm good with animals.)

    Windows of Opportunity (I've got pretty good spacial awareness)

    Dance With Me (Since this perk is the closest to being music related)


    I'll come up with a killer one in future.

    On a similar note, this challenge is really fun for turning Killer powers into survivor builds.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    No Mither

    Selfcare

    Inner Strength/Healing

    Second Wind/Renewal

    About as usefull as i am

    Everyone is good at something. I use to think that about myself too.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    My personal build would be :

    Bite The Bullet

    Overcome

    Self-Aware

    We'll Make It

    Not an optimal build, but hey... at least I can heal you at the hook.... quietly.

    I think “optimization” is what is killing DBD. It has no leaderboards. Rank resets as well. So I don’t get why everyone sweats so hard to win. 🤷🏽‍♂️

    If more survivors used custom builds the killers might be encouraged to do so also. As well as pick lower tier killers.

    What I really dream for is that in the end of DBD you can make your own custom survivor. Then you can select the standing animation of an existing character for the lobby. Like a hot chick that rubs her kitchen the way Tap does. A flamboyant guy that’ll look at his nails the way Yun-Jin Lee does. A thug that has David King’s scrapper animation. 🤣

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663912#Comment_2663912

    I think “optimization” is what is killing DBD. It has no leaderboards. Rank resets as well. So I don’t get why everyone sweats so hard to win. 🤷🏽‍♂️

    If more survivors used custom builds the killers might be encouraged to do so also. As well as pick lower tier killers.

    What I really dream for is that in the end of DBD you can make your own custom survivor. Then you can select the standing animation of an existing character for the lobby. Like a hot chick that rubs her kitchen the way Tap does. A flamboyant guy that’ll look at his nails the way Yun-Jin Lee does. A thug that has David King’s scrapper animation. 🤣

    totally agree.

  • I used to try farm builds with Pharmacy, Ace in the Hole, Plunder's Instinct and Appraisal.

    Even if I die eventually, wouldn't deny it feels good when you loot decent item.

    Oh and Emergency Medkit with Abdominal Dressing is always not welcome.

  • @lav3 said:

    I used to try farm builds with Pharmacy, Ace in the Hole, Plunder's Instinct and Appraisal.

    Even if I die eventually, wouldn't deny it feels good when you loot decent item.

    Oh and Emergency Medkit with Abdominal Dressing is always not welcome.

    Yeah. That happens with Ace sometimes. Street Wise and Built to Last counters that annoying dressing. Giving you a kit that heals others insanely fast.