Does Your 'Personality' Change When You Play Different/Specific Killers?

Title.

I've sort of noticed this recently.

Some killers, regardless of match or relative power, make me play differently.

If I'm playing Pig, Cenobite, Plague or Demogorgon I tend to be a lot chiller. I'll often let people farm, I'll almost always give someone hatch/gate and I generally won't be especially sweaty. I'll sometimes feel legitimately bad if I'm destroying the other team.

However, Hag, Bubba and Doctor, for whatever reason, bring out my inner villain. Maybe it's a sound design thing?

How about you?

Comments

  • No. I play the same way with every killer.

  • For some weird reason I feel at my best when I'm playing Oni.

  • Ghostface + Legion = "Whatever happens, happens. You wanna goof around? Sure, sounds fun!"

    Pyramid Head + Doctor = "Don't feel bad, Bea. They all must die. Tunnel them - do it. They deserve to die."

  • Im sometimes nice if im dealing with genuine newbies, any other times its Slug/proxy/tunnel.

    i used to be bothered by tbagging clickers, now i hate you all equally. Die.

  • When I hear the laughing/taunting nature of Trickster, all mercy flys out the window. I mean, if you die to him, it truly is on you.

  • The only killer that would have an effect close to this is Trickster when he randomly starts giggling.

    Outside of that "roleplaying" with Myers but i wouldn't call that personality changing

  • Only Blight makes me play different but that may be because his power is so much fun to use, I dont bother thinking about outcome of the match whatsoever.

    If I already have my 4 BBQ stacks that is :)

  • Whenever I play Nemesis I tend to get in a really bad mood so I end up playing a lot more unfun.

  • I play the same as usual. My mindset only changes when I know the survivors I'm up against know what they're doing and I can't mess around. You have to be more serious in those situations. Otherwise I would be just casually letting survivor do dumb saves and not punish them for it.

    Then again I do have an obsession over just using Nemesis tentacles only regardless if I throw away the match by giving away 8 free hits.

  • When I play Bubba, I suddenly get claustrophobic and seek the shelter of the basement.

    When I play Huntress, if I miss too many shots, I will instead hurl my computer peripherals out of my mothers basement.

    Whenever I activate my power as Oni, I will roar IRL, and for the duration of the power. I also run double power duration add-ons. Had a few knocks from the neighbour at 4AM.

  • I play with generally the same mindset, but I am far more likely to goof off/meme around when playing Ghostface. It just seems appropriate somehow.

  • I tend to be a bit sweatier on M1 killers like Freddy/Pig/Pinhead because it's really satisfying winning hard games with them. I'm much more likely to take a really strong build.

  • I like to get angry when I play Oni.

    I like to pretend I'm an end game boss as Nemesis and as such I take end game perks

  • I actually notice it a lot with different survivors. For example, if I see a Scoops Ahoy Steve I'm like, "Oh boy, here's comes another t-bagging jackass."

    As far as killers go, I definitely feel more playful with Trickster and like a mofo beast with Nemesis.

  • I don’t think my personality differs between killers but self-reflection is tricky so who knows? 🤷‍♂️ My basic strategies don’t change much either way.

  • No. All that changes is my ever-increasing hated of SBMM and different killers' powers.

  • it kind of used to.

    i always tried to get a bit into character with each killer i played, acting slow and methodical when playing Trapper and hot headed and aggressive when playing Hillbilly for example.

    but ever since SBMM happened i just felt like a clown every game, regardless of who i played (excluding those three, but i dont necessarily enjoy those very much).

  • Oh, also when I play Ghostface I like to hum the Mission Impossible theme song while I stalk.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    I actually notice it a lot with different survivors. For example, if I see a Scoops Ahoy Steve I'm like, "Oh boy, here's comes another t-bagging jackass."

    As far as killers go, I definitely feel more playful with Trickster and like a mofo beast with Nemesis.

    Yeah, that skin and the 'Christmas' or 'Jester' Dwight tend to be the most toxic little goblins in the game.