What's With The DCs Today?

Had a pretty good week, almost no DCs.

Today - survivor or killer, someone DCs pretty soon after the game gets going.

My last 3 killer games in particular have had someone leave almost as soon as the match started. My last one had everyone DC shortly after loading in, one by one.

Do people just really not want to face Pinhead today?

Maybe I should go back to Hag...

Comments

  • Everyone’s off for thanksgiving, and both sides would rather act even more ######### toward each other than let us enjoy a bloodhunt, so I’m not surprised that dcs have gone up lol

  • I dunno, but I had someone DC on loading because, as far as I can tell, they used a white ward with no items.

  • @scenekiller said:

    Everyone’s off for thanksgiving, and both sides would rather act even more ######### toward each other than let us enjoy a bloodhunt, so I’m not surprised that dcs have gone up lol

    It's...ridiculous.

    I mean - who DCs when the killer brings streamers?

    What's even more galling is that this causes me to depip, and Iri pips are actually somewhat tricky to maintain.

  • I had a bunch of DCs against my Pinhead yesterday. No idea why. I don't even run slowdown perks.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661406#Comment_2661406

    It's...ridiculous.

    I mean - who DCs when the killer brings streamers?

    What's even more galling is that this causes me to depip, and Iri pips are actually somewhat tricky to maintain.

    Agreed. I don’t condone it at all, but I definitely see why. My matches have all been rough today, both as (solo) survivor and killer.

    People are just purposely being petty to prevent the others from getting points, and some players would rather just dc than put up with it, I suppose.

  • My first match after my 48-hour ban as Pinhead, bring streamers, disconnected. 72-hour ban. I hate my life. Log on to friends account. Still not a single disconnect. I dont ######### get it.

  • "Its Pinhead, oh no I have to actually try" *DC*

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    My first match after my 48-hour ban as Pinhead, bring streamers, disconnected. 72-hour ban. I hate my life. Log on to friends account. Still not a single disconnect. I dont ######### get it.

    DC penalties don't reset immediately, they require like 2 to 3 days to fully reset I'm pretty sure, so stop dc'ing to get rid of it

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661431#Comment_2661431

    DC penalties don't reset immediately, they require like 2 to 3 days to fully reset I'm pretty sure, so stop dc'ing to get rid of it

    I know I just couldn't resist bloodhunt :(

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    My first match after my 48-hour ban as Pinhead, bring streamers, disconnected. 72-hour ban. I hate my life. Log on to friends account. Still not a single disconnect. I dont ######### get it.

    It sounds like something might be up with your connection. Do a diagnosis and talk to your ISP.

    @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661431#Comment_2661431

    DC penalties don't reset immediately, they require like 2 to 3 days to fully reset I'm pretty sure, so stop dc'ing to get rid of it

    I think you have to play games without DCing to make the penalty tier decrease after you can play again.

    This definitely sounds like a network/ISP issue though.

    @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661408#Comment_2661408

    Agreed. I don’t condone it at all, but I definitely see why. My matches have all been rough today, both as (solo) survivor and killer.

    People are just purposely being petty to prevent the others from getting points, and some players would rather just dc than put up with it, I suppose.

    I've had a relatively easy few games as survivor, but my killer games have been quite brutal.

    What's annoying is that it only seems to be against Pinhead. Hag, Demo, Doctor - not a single DC.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    My first match after my 48-hour ban as Pinhead, bring streamers, disconnected. 72-hour ban. I hate my life. Log on to friends account. Still not a single disconnect. I dont ######### get it.

    Same machine, same network, same installation, only difference is the account???

  • Holiday weekend and bloodhunt. Have more super casual players on that don't care if they get penalty, they'll just go play something else once ban time gets too high.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661431#Comment_2661431

    Same machine, same network, same installation, only difference is the account???

    Yep. A connection issue is the only thing that makes sense but I dont understand why it keeps happening on one account and not the other.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661431#Comment_2661431

    Same machine, same network, same installation, only difference is the account???

    Yeah, I have absolutely no idea.

  • Survivors waiting 10 minutes in a queue to be like "oh no it's the killer i really hate" and DC never gets old to me, nor does the people left behind thinking it's time to farm either. >:)

  • @gentacle said:

    Survivors waiting 10 minutes in a queue to be like "oh no it's the killer i really hate" and DC never gets old to me, nor does the people left behind thinking it's time to farm either. >:)

    I can assure you it gets old for the remaining survivors very, very fast. Not to say you should farm, but please go easy on us.

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661503#Comment_2661503

    I can assure you it gets old for the remaining survivors very, very fast. Not to say you should farm, but please go easy on us.

    I'll always go easy on people after a DC - unless you are BM.

    However, in maybe 20% of these cases, I then get yelled at postgame and threatened with 'holding the game hostage' reports for 'not just ending'.

    It's a lose/lose.

    I will definitely wipe you out if you have multiple DCs (unless there is like 1 gen left) or if you teabag/flicky me.

    @gentacle said:

    Survivors waiting 10 minutes in a queue to be like "oh no it's the killer i really hate" and DC never gets old to me, nor does the people left behind thinking it's time to farm either. >:)

    I'm pretty sure that's why people do it a lot of the time. To inconvenience/BM everyone else.

  • @gentacle said:

    Survivors waiting 10 minutes in a queue to be like "oh no it's the killer i really hate" and DC never gets old to me, nor does the people left behind thinking it's time to farm either. >:)

    How edgy of you