Too many points are taken from the Malicious badge when survivors heal

I once had a game where survivors healed 1 or 2 times and it took 3 points from me. Those 3 points cost me a pip. That is ridiculous. You should only be penalized if you let them heal 5 times.

Comments

  • Or better yet we shouldn't get punished for letting survivors heal period. I know the points lost are minimal but that's stuff has cost me a couple pips as well which sucks when you're going for adept.

  • Survivors abuse amount of healing from CoH and that drops killer's post game score?

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296463/too-many-points-are-taken-from-the-malicious-badge-when-survivors-heal

    It happens to the best of us, but 3 points isn't a lot, and you probably lost points elsewhere

    It's still bizarre to lose points on something that survivors will do naturally and - with CoH - is not something that's possible to prevent with any sort of reliability. Some builds revolve around injuring survivors and letting them heal - but if you use those builds, the system counts it against you.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659254#Comment_2659254

    It's still bizarre to lose points on something that survivors will do naturally and - with CoH - is not something that's possible to prevent with any sort of reliability. Some builds revolve around injuring survivors and letting them heal - but if you use those builds, the system counts it against you.

    Not only that, the system actively punishes you for killing survivors too quickly. So if you let them heal, you get punished, but if you kill them too quickly, you also get punished.

  • @OhAnotherKai said:

    Or better yet we shouldn't get punished for letting survivors heal period. I know the points lost are minimal but that's stuff has cost me a couple pips as well which sucks when you're going for adept.

    This.. it's stupid that the killer is punished.

  • I dont get why it's even a metric. I dont always injure with the intent to down I just like keeping survivors busy

  • They need to rework the pipping/emblems in general.

  • For Survivors the faster the match goes the more points should be rewarded

    For Killers the longer the match goes the more points should be rewarded

    That's just my take on it

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    For Survivors the faster the match goes the more points should be rewarded

    For Killers the longer the match goes the more points should be rewarded

    That's just my take on it

    No you shouldn't be punished just for stomping on the survivors just like as a Survivor you shouldn't be punished because you decided to cleanse all totems out of fear of noed

    No offense but that's a terrible idea and there's there's reason that's not how it works

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659522#Comment_2659522

    No you shouldn't be punished just for stomping on the survivors just like as a Survivor you shouldn't be punished because you decided to cleanse all totems out of fear of noed

    No offense but that's a terrible idea and there's there's reason that's not how it works

    Yea... but that's what we're dealing with now

    And that would be something BHVR would do

    But if I put my mind to it I wouldn't do that... I just don't feel it necessary to list out all of the changes I'd make to Emblems

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659527#Comment_2659527

    Yea... but that's what we're dealing with now

    And that would be something BHVR would do

    But if I put my mind to it I wouldn't do that... I just don't feel it necessary to list out all of the changes I'd make to Emblems

    Oh yea I agree I think bhvr has made a lot of terrible decisions when it comes to the pip system and sbmm and ofc I have tons of great ideas but I'm not gonna spend hours typing out all my thoughts cause I already know some forum member will just tell me I'm a butt head ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659537#Comment_2659537

    Oh yea I agree I think bhvr has made a lot of terrible decisions when it comes to the pip system and sbmm and ofc I have tons of great ideas but I'm not gonna spend hours typing out all my thoughts cause I already know some forum member will just tell me I'm a butt head ๐Ÿ˜‚

    "you're a butthead" for telling me that my unimaginative fix is hot garbage /S

    But anyway... yea that's another reason why I didn't list everything I'd do

  • @OhAnotherKai said:

    Or better yet we shouldn't get punished for letting survivors heal period. I know the points lost are minimal but that's stuff has cost me a couple pips as well which sucks when you're going for adept.

    Agreed. Never understood the idea behind this.

  • This is one of the reasons why getting Adept Plague was so frustrating for me. Playing her efficiently and getting survivors infected often -- and survivors playing inefficiently and cleansing constantly -- counted as healing and wrecked my Emblems for Malicious. The requirements for Adept killer should probably be reworked, but that's another story altogether, but the Emblem system definitely has its flaws.

  • @TheEmeraldTuber said:

    I once had a game where survivors healed 1 or 2 times and it took 3 points from me. Those 3 points cost me a pip. That is ridiculous. You should only be penalized if you let them heal 5 times.

    Agreed. Killers can't prevent healing most of the time and the points taken away have always seemed unfair to me.