Any feature declared optional that gives an advantage de facto isn't, because you'll be bullied and shamed into using it if you just want to play. Not using VC? Team'll throw.
Huh? Explain how?
I played Friday the 13th and not everyone used voice. I muted those "annoying" players, and still did well.
Also, how exactly am I being bullied and shamed if I can't hear them? Simply put, I do not care if they feel some way about it, I'll do what I want. Whether it's using voice or choosing not to.
That's cool but you're not a company trying to sell a product. They're not going to take a stance of "English matters only" when the devs themselves aren't even primarily English speakers.
The great competitive games out there didn't exclude a voice chat for the few people not speaking English.
Also even though I'm usually well behaved I don't think you'd want proximity chat with me because I might say something spur of the moment and you'll never come to unhook me later.
1: i dont want to have a kid shouting in my ears ( insults or others)
2: i m not very good at english, i understand it i can speak but maybe you wont understand me XD , and in EU not everyone speak english. if you do that you must make servers in every countries.
in fact it could work for NA but not for the rest of the world.
Proximity chat would be super toxic in this game, like in many other games. I'm ok with either decision, but I know it won't be pretty, and yet another thing they would require moderation yet will lack it. Do they even punish text chat abusers?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Proximity Chat would be the best thing in this game, everyone by some amount knows simple English. the language barrier will be there when people VPN.
This will resolve a lot of balancing and maybe buff killer around it.
Huh? Explain how?
I played Friday the 13th and not everyone used voice. I muted those "annoying" players, and still did well.
Also, how exactly am I being bullied and shamed if I can't hear them? Simply put, I do not care if they feel some way about it, I'll do what I want. Whether it's using voice or choosing not to.
The great competitive games out there didn't exclude a voice chat for the few people not speaking English.
Swf is already at an advantage over killer. Don't need no swf proximity chat to boot.
A valid complaint for those in the US region. For others such as EU and AS, it would be awful with the language barriers.
Also even though I'm usually well behaved I don't think you'd want proximity chat with me because I might say something spur of the moment and you'll never come to unhook me later.
I'm sure there's a lot of people like that too.
i dont want to see a chat IG why ?
1: i dont want to have a kid shouting in my ears ( insults or others)
2: i m not very good at english, i understand it i can speak but maybe you wont understand me XD , and in EU not everyone speak english. if you do that you must make servers in every countries.
in fact it could work for NA but not for the rest of the world.
Proximity chat would be super toxic in this game, like in many other games. I'm ok with either decision, but I know it won't be pretty, and yet another thing they would require moderation yet will lack it. Do they even punish text chat abusers?