Killers - When is the only time you actually give Hatch?

Sometimes during the game i do see most not all give hatch to at least one survivor at the end of the game, sometimes it happens if they see most of there team DC, or most times they just stop mid game and start Farming, <<< this esp has happend to me in alot of pig games, ghost face, trickster, Freddy, ect . So my question is what has to be the reason u mainly give that last survivor hatch? and not gone lie sometimes they give hatch to the wrong survivor, like someone who hides all game and never get caught - ive had that happen plenty of times as well


If you dont give hatch at all then this discussion is not for you lol .-. I know its alot of killers who would say "why would i give hatch to a survivor"

Comments

  • If I feel like I've won, I give hatch or close hatch and give gate to keep my MMR lower.

  • If I am not on a challenge they get an escape. I say escape as I am not patient enough to go through the hatch process. I will just close it and give them a gate. Makes it more suspenseful as sometimes they "earn" it regardless.


    But even if I find them, they are free to leave. I don't care if I am not on a challenge.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647484#Comment_2647484

    What really grinds my grapes is SWF groups where you have two left, one goes right to hatch, the other leads you off and deliberately DCs.

    Good thing hatch doesn't work like that anymore.

  • @ManOMaker said:

    I just give it to whoever doesn’t wiggle when they’re the last one. Which is weird because Everyone Always Wiggles When They Are The Last One Left! I swear there’s no point in it, so I end up hooking the last one anyway. The last time I gave someone hatch was like 3 weeks ago! Just stop wiggling please I’ll let you escape!

    Everytime I don't wiggle, the killer hooks me and I look like a fool. Wiggling at least gives me bp.

    I stop wiggling if the killer m1s or shakes their head "no", while they're carrying me. Have you tried that?

  • If a survivor is nice or play like they're new to the game, I'll give them the hatch. If there's a troll on the team (pointing everyone out, running straight to other survivors when in a chase, purposefully failing skill checks, etc.), I'll sacrifice them and let everyone else go.

  • I tend to give it to a survivor that showcased good teamplay, where they had to make themselves vulnerable for the sake of their friends. Not the half baked actions though...

  • @Meg_Survivor said:

    Sometimes during the game i do see most not all give hatch to at least one survivor at the end of the game, sometimes it happens if they see most of there team DC, or most times they just stop mid game and start Farming, <<< this esp has happend to me in alot of pig games, ghost face, trickster, Freddy, ect . So my question is what has to be the reason u mainly give that last survivor hatch? and not gone lie sometimes they give hatch to the wrong survivor, like someone who hides all game and never get caught - ive had that happen plenty of times as well

    If you dont give hatch at all then this discussion is not for you lol .-. I know its alot of killers who would say "why would i give hatch to a survivor"

    I'll give the hatch or gate if the survivor played well and didn't flashlight me at pallets or troll me. Also, if the survivor did well but had a bad team. I gave the hatch and gate today 5 or 6 times. I don't mind being outplayed. I do mind being blinded by a flashlight troll for no reason.

  • If theres 1 player left and we've all played our best then theres a good chance I'll give them hatch. If they tried to avoid me all game just to get hatch at the end then may the cards fall in their favor. This still applies to Pig and Demopup for me, but the snoot boop is crucial for hatch

  • If they weren’t ######### I will give hatch.

  • Against solo players that give a good fight.

  • It really just depends on a couple things.

    My mood, for one. If I'm not having a good day, I'm going to be merciless, if I am, I may show mercy.

    Two, the play style of the survivors during the match, looping well, and playing a nice chill game, makes me more likely to give hatch than be merciless. If you're a pre drop Andy and just hold W, I will not give you hatch any day of the week. If you use your anti tunnel perks offensively as well, I won't give you hatch since I'm not trying to tunnel you but you're trying to punish me for not tunneling you anyways, not cool.

    Three, if the survivors played in a good sportsman like way, regardless of if you're a pre drop Andy or not, if you t bag, gesture towards the killer, click your flashlight, I wont give you hatch. It's obnoxious and annoying.

  • If a survivor is funny in some way or I just don't want high MMR

    1. When the matchmaking clearly failed and I go against a team way below my skill level
    2. When there are DCs right at the beginning AND I am feeling benevolent
    3. When a survivor plays what I feel (based on my own subjective criteria) and is the only one left.
    4. Whenever the fancy otherwise strikes me

    But honestly I don't like the idea that if certain things happen the "rules" dictate that a survivor(s) must be spared; there should be no expectation there. Yeah, it's nice to be spared, but if anyone feels wronged if the killer doesn't let them go, their head is in the wrong place.

    If you are a survivor and your teammate DCs and the killer kills you all anyway, don't blame the killer, blame the scab that DCd.

  • I almost always give hatch to the last player regardless of how they played if someone dcs

  • @ManOMaker said:

    I just give it to whoever doesn’t wiggle when they’re the last one. Which is weird because Everyone Always Wiggles When They Are The Last One Left! I swear there’s no point in it, so I end up hooking the last one anyway. The last time I gave someone hatch was like 3 weeks ago! Just stop wiggling please I’ll let you escape!

    If they are the last and I intend to spare them, if they wiggle I will usually hit a hook. Sometimes if they still wiggle, I'll drop them and shake my head no, then pick them up. If that doesn't work, well, then it's the hook.

    If someone doesn't wiggle and I am not going to spare them, I go straight to a hook. Killers who act like they are going to spare someone, taunt them with the hatch or something then kill them are sad little people.

  • I give hatch, if I donate and the last survivor gives up. For example if I get the last survivor and they wiggle, I put them on hook. If they don't wiggle I give them hatch

  • Usually there's conditions.

    1. If I notice a survivor hid all game and didn't contribute, I'll slug the next to last guy and wiggle at them a lot, then find the hider/locker licker and let the other guy go.
    2. If there's someone who is terrible in chase and seems to be new, I try to let them go.
    3. If you beat me fairly in jungles and loops, without resorting to infinites or too much ring around the rosey.
    4. You didn't teabag me. I don't mind clicks, I've always interpreted that as a taunt technique like "Nana nana boo boo". I consider it playful.
    5. I had an easy time.
    6. You let me carry you to hatch or gate. Thats an important bit. We both need to understand I'm LETTING you go. Too much struggle and I just hook.
1 2 ›