discussion about switch cross progression

Why do you think the BHVR account website go went on maintenance for over a month and come back with Nintendo Switch being listed (before being taken down) if "technical aspects beyond our control, transferring DLC between all platforms has not been possible"... like

1B8830B5-8386-40FE-8C35-EB1DACB65650.jpeg

Comments

  • My guess is that its nintendos fault they are often tight lipped about that stuff

  • They really announced it would come around april-may and here we are, with Epi Games getting it before, not even being released yet.

    btw hello gowon

  • At this point I fear it will never happen. And looking at the performance of the game on consoles and especially the Switch it has always been a mistake to bring this game to the Switch anyway.

    i bought it because Cross progress was confirmed for September 2020 and I read that it’s not that bad. Big mistake on my part

  • @gowon said:

    Why do you think the BHVR account website go went on maintenance for over a month and come back with Nintendo Switch being listed (before being taken down) if "technical aspects beyond our control, transferring DLC between all platforms has not been possible"... like

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0776EDEN5S91/1b8830b5-8386-40fe-8c35-eb1dacb65650.jpeg

    Don't know if you've seen this yet; was posted in the official News Forum last week and is not great news I'm afraid:

    @DeathByGiggles said:

    Yesterday, we announced Dead by Daylight’s inclusion in the Epic Games Store catalogue. While we’re thrilled to provide cross-platform progression between Epic, Steam, and Stadia at launch, we also realize this may raise some questions regarding the arrival of cross-progression for Switch, announced last year.

    On any platform our goal is always to deliver the best, most consistent cross-progression experience we can that includes everything our players have purchased to date. Due to technical aspects beyond our control, transferring DLC between all platforms has not been possible, significantly impacting that experience. As a result, while we remain dedicated to doing everything we can to resolve the issue, we can no longer provide a clear ETA on when cross-progression will be available on Switch.

    We’ll keep you posted with any new updates as we continue working on the matter. We understand a lot of you are looking forward to this feature (we are too!) and we appreciate your patience!


  • @Mooks said:

    At this point I fear it will never happen. And looking at the performance of the game on consoles and especially the Switch it has always been a mistake to bring this game to the Switch anyway.

    i bought it because Cross progress was confirmed for September 2020 and I read that it’s not that bad. Big mistake on my part

    ^ This. My friend actually tried to return the game after discovering just how badly it played on the Switch, but of course Nintendo was like, "Nah." However, with cross-progression promised in just a week or so (at that time), it wasn't too big of a loss and at least we'd be able to move it over to Steam...

    Sigh. I'm trying not to think about this, I'll have a mental breakdown if I do. DbD never should have been ported to Switch. Never.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2640146#Comment_2640146

    ^ This. My friend actually tried to return the game after discovering just how badly it played on the Switch, but of course Nintendo was like, "Nah." However, with cross-progression promised in just a week or so (at that time), it wasn't too big of a loss and at least we'd be able to move it over to Steam...

    Sigh. I'm trying not to think about this, I'll have a mental breakdown if I do. DbD never should have been ported to Switch. Never.

    I collected all log in rewards and codes so I would get at least something out of it (plus some cosmetics that were included in the base Switch version)

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    They really announced it would come around april-may and here we are, with Epi Games getting it before, not even being released yet.

    btw hello gowon

    HEYY

  • oh i'm aware.. i report that post daily