Can we PLEASE get a strong counter to boon perks??
I just played a game where each survivor brought at least one boon perk. I snuffed totems 9 times before I finally just stopped. It was simply too much to deal with. The totems were placed in a way that they basically covered the whole map with CoH and Shadowstep. And this is far from the first time this has happened.
sadly, thrill of the hunt, while solid, is not enough of a counter. It just isn’t. A killer can’t be everywhere at once, but the overall area these boons cover surely can.
im not asking for blood. Or even for boons to be gutted. I just want one of three things…
1) a killer perk that’s designed from the ground up to be a hard counter to boon perks.
2) each survivor can only light one boon totem per game.
3) when a killer snuffs a boon totem, it destroys the totem.
Pick one, I don’t care which.
Comments
I think suggestion number 3 is good. It would make it like a limited powerfull resource for Survivors.
Either way it needs some cooldown in my opinion.
No. 3
Snuffing a boon destroys it.
Fairest option.
Relighting a snuffed boon is just irritating. The killer knows where it is, you're just forcing them to keep returning to a non-objective location.
Boons are not only powerful perks in their own right, but they also waste the killer's time, which is arguably more value than the quick heals or the hidden scratchmarks.
I would have agreed with number 3 until they purposefully made it impossible to implement with Pentimento.
"Oh no guys, now we can't make a counter to boons because if you broke it yourself you could use Pentimento instantly, guess we'll have to leave them untouched and a serious pain in the ass every single match!"
I don't understand how Pentimento changes anything.
A Boon totem would be considered a cleansed totem already, a spent totem. Just like Inner Healing.
If anything it makes it harder to use Pentimento. You can see the aura of cleansed totems, you can't see the aura of blessed totems. Plus you now need to destroy the boon totem yourself before you Penti it, rather than walking up to an already destroyed totem that's ready for Penti.
People keep treating Boons and blesses as this whole new mechanic. It's not, it's just cleansing with additional perks, and as long as they can be reblessed, it's cleansing with an unequal advantage. Free, unlimited totem cleansing, with no counter.
Totems should be a finite resource.
If anything, they could even make a Penti totem reblessable. So normally with destroyed snuffed totems you'd get 5 Boons max, with Pentimento you could get up to 10 Boons as the killer resupplies you with totems to bless.
Honestly the system would make so much more logical sense, be more balanced and somewhat elegant in design if snuffing a boon destroyed it. A bless would be consistent with a cleanse, Hexes wouldn't need to take longer to bless than dulls, and Penti would give pros and cons with it's interaction with boons.
So if theres a risk involved, no one will use them? All hex's have risks, and theyre still used.
Numbers on COH should be reduced, especially self-caring. Then, either:
A) Snuffing needs to destroy the totem (and add a couple more totems to the map and rework the numbers on perks that rely on totem count such as thrill and small game) , or…
B) Once a totem is snuffed it takes longer and longer to rebless (like the wake up action against freddy), and/or…
C) Boons themselves need to be put on a long cooldown after being snuffed during which time they cannot be used again.
As much as I would like strong viable counter to Boons, somehow I don't think we're gonna get it, simply because BHVR don't care about it, they're only really catering to casual and competitive survivor tryhards, and generally from the meta they've been creating, it's sad but obvious that these are the ones they're catering to, with very little regard to the killers. I do sincerely hope BHVR begins to fix this survivor sided bullshit and actually makes it reasonable for both sides, but this is how it's been since release so I doubt they begin to change their ways.
Boons are OP, they are ruin the game. Hope they consider male pentimento a counter. Thrill is not enough. Or gave a base kit counter.
I'm going to say what I've been told for years now
JuSt Do BoNeS
I don't know if this is the answer but it seems popular when a totem question is asked.
This would only make sense if killers could destroy totems, which they can't.
Basically until killers can destroy totems, they simply can't do bones which is why people are complaining about boons. And given how much survivors complain about "lack of counterplay" when it involves killer powers then it's only fair that killers can complain about a "lack of counterplay" from survivor perks.
Yes I don't understand why the totems aren't destroyed tbh but I assume they'll be changed eventually to that. That's why I made this I joke reply lol
why don't they make so after snuffing a totem the entity blocks it for a minute or so?