What do you think about the new Perk "Overcome"?

Its the new exhaustion perk that gives you a 2 seconds longer Hit burst.

I already made myself a own opinion about that perk but I would like to know what the majority thinks about it, let me know!

Comments

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I like it. I think it’s only going to be useful in specific scenarios. (I.E. boost to an exit gate, or against a camping killer)

    Sprint Burst is far better, because you don’t have to wait to get hit.

    it's dead hard, but more fair.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Extremely unhealthy design. Rewards failure as its activation requirement is getting hit and promotes hold-W gameplay thus further punishing killers that don't have:

    - an instadown.

    - mobility to close distance quickly.

    - a real ranged attack to ignore distance (i.e. Huntress).

    How are you supposed to have fun playing non-mobility M1 killers?

    Tbh “looping” killers is pretty much obsolete since most killers are design to stop looping. And even without that 9/10 against a good skilled killer mindgames don’t work or will backfire. Thus holding W is just better.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Extremely unhealthy design. Rewards failure as its activation requirement is getting hit and promotes hold-W gameplay thus further punishing killers that don't have:

    - an instadown.

    - mobility to close distance quickly.

    - a real ranged attack to ignore distance (i.e. Huntress).

    How are you supposed to have fun playing non-mobility M1 killers?

    Same happens with dead hard.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    Hold W....then hold W more.

    Press W stronger!!

  • @Anara said:

    The new perk is ok.

    But there is a problem with Nemesis. When he infects you, you gain the sprint.

    Imagine you have recover from exhaustion and still infected. When he injures you, you gain the sprint again !

    I think that's a glitch.

  • Its a perk that…punishes killers that don’t have movement based abilities for absolutely no reason and grants an unreasonable amount of distance for an exhaustion perk


    It needs to be Overhauled and turned into something entirely different

  • Terribly designed, unhealthy af

  • @AVoiceOfReason said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630132#Comment_2630132

    The problem with Scott's video is, you get a mini SB when hit. Otherwise, it would be the same distance if you 99'd, got hit then stopped for a split second and activated SB. Since it's hard to do that, he counted a hit and SB at the same time. One is 1 second longer, so, of course one will give more distance.

    If you watched that video you'd know i tested a 99% Sprint Burst as well and Overcome still granted more W distance. Again I do not understand how the math isn't accurate but in multiple tests Overcome always gave more straight line distance.

  • Good lord, the amount of whining in this thread. It's literally a weaker SB.

  • It's second weakest to Smash Hit. I'll stick to Sprint Burst.

  • Somewhat annoying at the least, somewhat crippling at most. All I know is that it's going to make playing Nemesis all the more painful since you already give them free speed boosts on the first hit.

  • Overcome is the very definition of boring, mindless and unhealthy "gameplay".

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Extremely unhealthy design. Rewards failure as its activation requirement is getting hit and promotes hold-W gameplay thus further punishing killers that don't have:

    - an instadown.

    - mobility to close distance quickly.

    - a real ranged attack to ignore distance (i.e. Huntress).

    How are you supposed to have fun playing non-mobility M1 killers?

    The devs are really reducing the viable killer roster with this last patches.. its a pity.

  • lucky break+overcome+iron will ( or play Ace, in that case, pick any perk you like) + botany knowledge with fast medkits, and you'll be able to save lucky break and lose chase 100% of the time

  • It encourages hold W which is bad. It needs a rework or a downside to it.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2630487#Comment_2630487

    If you watched that video you'd know i tested a 99% Sprint Burst as well and Overcome still granted more W distance. Again I do not understand how the math isn't accurate but in multiple tests Overcome always gave more straight line distance.

    @ScottJund An injured SB is only 2 seconds, I thought? 4 seconds total of a SB with Overcome. Normal SB is 3 seconds plus the 2 seconds of injured SB would make 5 seconds of SB, which would make it so that 99% SB activating as soon as the injured SB wears off should give 1 second more distance. I'll check your video again but I was positive that you activated SB while being hit.

    Edit: I rewatched the video. I think it's due to the new momentum system. With Overcome, you don't have to restart your speed increase. It just keeps it going but with SB, there is a speed up time where you get less initial distance. That's the only thing that I can see that is causing a difference. Final thing, thank you for doing comparisons in your video. It really helps a lot.

  • I think it's not dead hard so it may as well not exist. There is no point to run any exhaustion perk besides dead hard especially after the "fix" that now bugged the perk to eat various killer powers.

  • I get a old Mettle of man vibe

  • Pretty close to the worst exhaustion perk but it's a good thing as the playstyles it promotes are pretty bad

  • Rework suggestion:

    No every exhaution perk have to give haste

    After being hit you don't leave scratch marks or pools of blood, and don't produce grunts of pain for like 5 seconds, it does not give you raw distance, help stealth builds to go back to stealth after being hit in a chase. I would consider using it in my stealth surv build.

  • @tenoresax said:

    Overcome is the very definition of boring, mindless and unhealthy "gameplay".

    Let me introduce you to 30 pallets Sir.

  • @aquabr222 said:

    Rework suggestion:

    No every exhaution perk have to give haste

    After being hit you don't leave scratch marks or pools of blood, and don't produce grunts of pain for like 5 seconds, it does not give you raw distance, help stealth builds to go back to stealth after being hit in a chase. I would consider using it in my stealth surv build.

    its called lucky break

  • Overcome by itself is pretty good. But it's the most boring exhaustion perk right now.

    Overcome combined with other perks like, Lucky Break, Iron Will/Quick and Quiet and Inner Strenght

1 2 ›