For all those survivors that have an issue with camping and tunneling, I challenge you!

The challenge is simple:

  • Pick a killer
  • Play the killer
  • Play nicely, never camp, never tunnel

See how survivors respond... every time I start playing the game I try and the result is always the same; Gens fly, survivors click away, tea bag and without failure gather up in the exit gate and wait till the very last moment to leave... because winning alone isn't enough, they need to tea bag at the exit gate or spam you with sound notifications if you don't show up.

------

Let me address the focus of the replies below:

It is hilarious that people are so dead set on the teabagging aspect of the comment, while not understanding that it is about the hypocrisy of those that dislike tactics because of the argument 'it is not fun for the other side' therefore do not do it!

Teabag away, click away... I really could care less about it. It is about the idea that killers need to conform and consider the 'fun' of the opponents while clearly that is not the same for both. All these arguments I keep reading on: camping isn't fun for the survivors, tunneling isn't fun for the survivors. These people are those that I challenge to play nice and see how that feels. I play both sides as well, I understand the frustrations of both and I personally see no issues in people tunneling and camping when they feel the need to do so, just as I understand that survivors focus on gens and camp pallets, etc.

Comments

  • They have no respect for themselves. How can they respect others? That's their problem.

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2631662#Comment_2631662

    What does the killers fun have to do with it... god... read my very first post again. That is the hypocrisy of the situation. You claim to not want to derail the topic, yet fail to understand what is stated in the very first post. I even quoted it for you again. Literally you are ignoring the topic and trying to twist it into your narrative.

    Camping isn't fun for the survivor, great... now what? Let's get rid of it as many suggest and go do the challenge. Which means you avoid these unfun tactics all together.

    That is what the challenge is about. The hypocrisy of this attitude that killers have to consider the fun of their opponents. Yet survivors don't play that way either, even when it is blatantly obvious that the killer isn't camping or tunneling.

    People act all high and mighty, you don't want to force it upon survivors and yet... you condone it at some point in the game. However is it ever fun for the survivor? If they did 2 gens or 3 gens and then land on the hook. You might only be bothered by at 5 gens, but that isn't the only time people have grievances.

    You state that most people play both sides, my challenge is open for all.

    Geez, read what I said. What does killer's fun have to do with it when they are Camping not because "they had to do it" but when they do it without reason. You talk about people not reading, you are clearly the worst.

    I am not ignoring the topic, I am educating you in what you are clearly missing. You think "I have to camp because if you play nice you lose".... which is what an amateur would say. Because those of us who know, know that you can camp as a strat, but you can also LOSE when you camp, because experienced survivors will not fall for that bait. Camping can be a strat IF used right, doesn't mean you have to do it in every single match, let alone do it at the start of a match.

    I don't keep track of how many gens where done when there are 4 death skulls tallied towards my results. If gens fly for you, you might be doing something wrong. Which is the point I have been trying to get across and why your post is cringe level at best.

    You condone Camping because YOU have to do that, whereas some of us don't. Relying on camping is not relying on skill. If you need evidence look no further than within your own thread (I'll give you a hint, some of them are right above this comment).

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632088#Comment_2632088

    Geez, read what I said. What does killer's fun have to do with it when they are Camping not because "they had to do it" but when they do it without reason. You talk about people not reading, you are clearly the worst.

    I am not ignoring the topic, I am educating you in what you are clearly missing. You think "I have to camp because if you play nice you lose".... which is what an amateur would say. Because those of us who know, know that you can camp as a strat, but you can also LOSE when you camp, because experienced survivors will not fall for that bait. Camping can be a strat IF used right, doesn't mean you have to do it in every single match, let alone do it at the start of a match.

    I don't keep track of how many gens where done when there are 4 death skulls tallied towards my results. If gens fly for you, you might be doing something wrong. Which is the point I have been trying to get across and why your post is cringe level at best.

    You condone Camping because YOU have to do that, whereas some of us don't. Relying on camping is not relying on skill. If you need evidence look no further than within your own thread (I'll give you a hint, some of them are right above this comment).

    I stated already that doing these tactics of camping mindlessly can be punished. You can lose when you camp and you can lose if you don't. Yet the games design is created in a way where it most definitely is part of it. Safe unhooks, free resets and all the like is not something you can afford to do in an equally matched game.

    Who stated that I do it every single match? Who ever stated that one has to do it at the start of each match?

    Gens fly when I go out of my way to not tunnel, camp, etc. you want to call me an amateur and not a professional... guess what I am. I don't have 6k hours, I am someone that plays this game as a hobby. People claim this is a casual game, which means that amateurs are supposed to be able to enjoy it and you don't need to be a pro. The hypocrisy is also clear here, because pro-survivors are able to deal and punish camping hardcore.

    Go look at the competitive scene if you want proof of how professionals play... equally skilled players at the highest level. Outclassing your opponents is not a requirement that should be there in order to play a role.

    For the record, without reason... means you don't actually understand why people do it with all your knowledge. They are trying to have a fun game, a game where they feel they have a chance of winning and not just be crushed.

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2632890#Comment_2632890

    I stated already that doing these tactics of camping mindlessly can be punished. You can lose when you camp and you can lose if you don't. Yet the games design is created in a way where it most definitely is part of it. Safe unhooks, free resets and all the like is not something you can afford to do in an equally matched game.

    Who stated that I do it every single match? Who ever stated that one has to do it at the start of each match?

    Gens fly when I go out of my way to not tunnel, camp, etc. you want to call me an amateur and not a professional... guess what I am. I don't have 6k hours, I am someone that plays this game as a hobby. People claim this is a casual game, which means that amateurs are supposed to be able to enjoy it and you don't need to be a pro. The hypocrisy is also clear here, because pro-survivors are able to deal and punish camping hardcore.

    Go look at the competitive scene if you want proof of how professionals play... equally skilled players at the highest level. Outclassing your opponents is not a requirement that should be there in order to play a role.

    For the record, without reason... means you don't actually understand why people do it with all your knowledge. They are trying to have a fun game, a game where they feel they have a chance of winning and not just be crushed.

    Dude, you are having to camp and tunnel because you camp and tunnel. It's like you are slapping yourself in the face with a stick because you don't want to slap yourself in the face with a stick.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633218#Comment_2633218

    Dude, you are having to camp and tunnel because you camp and tunnel. It's like you are slapping yourself in the face with a stick because you don't want to slap yourself in the face with a stick.

    I have no issues with camping and tunneling though, as I understand how they are actually integrated into the games design. If you mean I get a higher MMR because I use the tools that are available to me in the game... then I guess you are wrong, but doesn't that simply mean you understand the game better and don't rely on outclassing your opponents to win.

  • @Shaped said:

    People who say you shouldn't feel bad when someone waits at the exit gate to tbag you, I hope you don't mind when bubba cutiepie rev his chainsaw in your face until you die.

    Otherwise you are hypocrite.

    There is a big difference... I'll let you think on it for a bit.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2629267#Comment_2629267

    So were keys, old DS, old BNP, old infinites, yet yall cried about them

    I'm a grown man. I don't cry about anything on a game. Take y'all and go direct it towards someone else.

  • image.png

    This is just another prime example.

    I was the EZ Tunneller killer, receiving the BM and end-game chat to tell me how bad I was of a killer. I hooked literally every single person once before I got a single re-hook, they found my two totems quite early on in the game and got a 3 man out. I was 3 gens down by the time I had my first hook. People love to act like these type of situations are rare, yet I play the game casually and not even every day and come across this, map offering, etc.

    Yet somehow, their entire setup was focused on what exactly? Somehow my manner of playing was an indication of a bad player, going for hits, spitting pressure, giving everyone the opportunity to play the game and sure some sweat at 1 gen left = you are bad, tunneling, toxic etc. The treatment you receive based on your tactics regardless of it being at 5 gens or 1 gen it simply doesn't matter.

    All those that say, it is about 5 gen, camping and tunneling... are just not representing the actual reality of what survivors complain about or that killers that don't do it will be treated differently.

    For the record, I liked this game, it was challenging and I have no issue with the end result. They won, they used what was available to them in the game and for my own feeling I played incredibly well. It just was a perfect example of the behavior I talked about.

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633304#Comment_2633304

    I have no issues with camping and tunneling though, as I understand how they are actually integrated into the games design. If you mean I get a higher MMR because I use the tools that are available to me in the game... then I guess you are wrong, but doesn't that simply mean you understand the game better and don't rely on outclassing your opponents to win.

    No, I mean you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2633383#Comment_2633383

    No, I mean you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself.

    Right, because losing all the time is all that fun, dealing with BM on top of that is all that fun and all that jazz. That isn't going to burn out people playing the game.

    Let's not try and tell other people what they should find fun or what will burn them out.

  • Are survivors still pretending that camping and tunnelling aren’t an essential part of the game?

  • @T0thLewis said:

    If survivors clearly win and are better at the game, they can do sound notifs and tbagging as much as they wish, I don't give two shits about it. If they obviously won (e.g. 2 hook states only and the exit gates are powered) I just open the gate, go into the corner and force them out of the game.

    What I find incredibly insulting and rude is that they have to spam you with messages in the end-game chat "gg ez, noob killer, good looping grandpa, yade-yade-yada". Remember kids, words can hurt more than a fist to the face, you don't know what someone else is going through and they just want to distract themselves with a game they enjoy. Best not to bully them in said game also. :)

    INB4 ANY SELF-PROCLAIMED MATHIEU COTE COMES IN HERE AND SAYS "JUST PLAY ANOTHER GAME IF YOU CAN'T BEAR THE INSULTS":

    Just stop... What if the person actively enjoys playing the game ITSELF, but the community is just forcing them to rip out all their hair from all the insults and bullying.

    It legit takes people 0 amount of time, effort and money to write a nice message saying "ggwp, was fun game" or anything similar. Don't live out your own insecurities on some stranger on the internet because you are the victim of domestic abuse in your school/work/home.

    Grow the ######### up and act like an adult.

    Alright I gave it my two cents, time to have all the salty people on the forum reply with "Someone had a bad day in DbD, oh poor you cry me a river, etc etc..." Toxicity disappoints me and amuses all at the same time. :)

    @Kalinikta said:

    The challenge is simple:

    • Pick a killer
    • Play the killer
    • Play nicely, never camp, never tunnel

    See how survivors respond... every time I start playing the game I try and the result is always the same; Gens fly, survivors click away, tea bag and without failure gather up in the exit gate and wait till the very last moment to leave... because winning alone isn't enough, they need to tea bag at the exit gate or spam you with sound notifications if you don't show up.

    ------

    Let me address the focus of the replies below:

    It is hilarious that people are so dead set on the teabagging aspect of the comment, while not understanding that it is about the hypocrisy of those that dislike tactics because of the argument 'it is not fun for the other side' therefore do not do it!

    Teabag away, click away... I really could care less about it. It is about the idea that killers need to conform and consider the 'fun' of the opponents while clearly that is not the same for both. All these arguments I keep reading on: camping isn't fun for the survivors, tunneling isn't fun for the survivors. These people are those that I challenge to play nice and see how that feels. I play both sides as well, I understand the frustrations of both and I personally see no issues in people tunneling and camping when they feel the need to do so, just as I understand that survivors focus on gens and camp pallets, etc.


    I couldn't have put it better myself. These are all facts, and facts are important. *thumbs up*

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2638863#Comment_2638863

    Right, because losing all the time is all that fun, dealing with BM on top of that is all that fun and all that jazz. That isn't going to burn out people playing the game.

    Let's not try and tell other people what they should find fun or what will burn them out.

    So you know you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself and keep doing it.

    I'm not telling you anything, you're telling everyone that you are miserable. You literally made a 4 page post on how miserable you are. You have my sympathy for being so destructive to your own happiness.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2638985#Comment_2638985

    So you know you are sucking the fun out of the game for yourself and keep doing it.

    I'm not telling you anything, you're telling everyone that you are miserable. You literally made a 4 page post on how miserable you are. You have my sympathy for being so destructive to your own happiness.

    What... I did nothing of the sorts. If anything I have stated that avoiding camping and tunneling by any means makes me miserable not the other way around. On top of gimping yourself the treatment you receive is the same and are far more likely to consistently lose.

    It is why after a game or two, sometimes even within the match itself, I give up on the let's consider the enjoyment of others, the play nice method that is stated to be desirable and simply start using the full toolbox available to me.

    Usually if I simply play the game as optimally as I possibly can and that includes considering a tunnel, slug, camp, etc. The game is actually enjoyable. If you play at a decent skill, these are simply part of the game design.

  • @Kalinikta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641416#Comment_2641416

    What... I did nothing of the sorts. If anything I have stated that avoiding camping and tunneling by any means makes me miserable not the other way around. On top of gimping yourself the treatment you receive is the same and are far more likely to consistently lose.

    It is why after a game or two, sometimes even within the match itself, I give up on the let's consider the enjoyment of others, the play nice method that is stated to be desirable and simply start using the full toolbox available to me.

    Usually if I simply play the game as optimally as I possibly can and that includes considering a tunnel, slug, camp, etc. The game is actually enjoyable. If you play at a decent skill, these are simply part of the game design.

    Well, if you like it so much, then quit complaining.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/293959/for-all-those-survivors-that-have-an-issue-with-camping-and-tunneling-i-challenge-you

    That's how I play and I have fun playing like that.

    Then again, my ego isn't so inflated that someone squatting at the exit gate with a dress-up doll, sends me into a blind rage either.

    No, but when you lose a game no one is happy and being taunted for it doesn't exactly make you want to play again. Why isn't winning good enough? Why make someone else feel worse?

  • @T0thLewis said:

    If survivors clearly win and are better at the game, they can do sound notifs and tbagging as much as they wish, I don't give two shits about it. If they obviously won (e.g. 2 hook states only and the exit gates are powered) I just open the gate, go into the corner and force them out of the game.

    What I find incredibly insulting and rude is that they have to spam you with messages in the end-game chat "gg ez, noob killer, good looping grandpa, yade-yade-yada". Remember kids, words can hurt more than a fist to the face, you don't know what someone else is going through and they just want to distract themselves with a game they enjoy. Best not to bully them in said game also. :)

    INB4 ANY SELF-PROCLAIMED MATHIEU COTE COMES IN HERE AND SAYS "JUST PLAY ANOTHER GAME IF YOU CAN'T BEAR THE INSULTS":

    Just stop... What if the person actively enjoys playing the game ITSELF, but the community is just forcing them to rip out all their hair from all the insults and bullying.

    It legit takes people 0 amount of time, effort and money to write a nice message saying "ggwp, was fun game" or anything similar. Don't live out your own insecurities on some stranger on the internet because you are the victim of domestic abuse in your school/work/home.

    Grow the ######### up and act like an adult.

    Alright I gave it my two cents, time to have all the salty people on the forum reply with "Someone had a bad day in DbD, oh poor you cry me a river, etc etc..." Toxicity disappoints me and amuses all at the same time. :)

    THIS AND ALL THIS!!!!!

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2641452#Comment_2641452

    Well, if you like it so much, then quit complaining.

    The topic seemingly goes straight over your own comprehension of what the challenge is about.

    It has nothing to do with complaining. The whole point is that regardless of how you play, the survivors won't consider the enjoyment of the killer and that these tools are simply part of the gameplay. It is about the hypocrisy of those that try to bash killers that use these tactics for not considering the enjoyment of their opponents.

1 2 3 ›