What if survivors slightly buffed their native teachable perks slightly

What if a survivor’s teachable perks were buffed slightly when they are played on their owner


example


When used on Bill, Unbreakable increased recovery speed by 40% instead of 35%

Or when flip flop is used on Ash the conversion rate is 75% instead of 50%

This could lead to survivors choosing other characters to take advantage of the better perks, maybe even slightly nerf some meta perks and use this as a way to make them less stackable

Comments

  • This makes no sense. If u play 1 survivor only, u would do it when there will be Meg/Bill etc pick meta.

  • Everyone would use the characters with meta perks and no one else.

    Survivors are skins and I’m fine with that

  • This would just create a Meta. Survivors who have teachable Meta-Perks will be more prominent than already and new Survivors will most likely not be played at all, since they mostly have bad Perks.

    Why would you play as Yun-Jin with 3 bad Perks when you can play as Bill with a slightly stronger Unbreakable and BT? Or why would you use any of Felixs Perks if you can use a better DS as Laurie?

    Also, there are players who only maxed out one Survivor, because Survivors have been Skins since the game was released. Or players who bought a lot of Cosmetics for their favorite Survivor. So they either need to accept that their Survivor is worse than others or they have to play another Survivor they like less.


    Something like this cannot be implemented anymore, way too late.

  • @ThePolice said:

    What if a survivor’s teachable perks were buffed slightly when they are played on their owner

    example

    When used on Bill, Unbreakable increased recovery speed by 40% instead of 35%

    Or when flip flop is used on Ash the conversion rate is 75% instead of 50%

    This could lead to survivors choosing other characters to take advantage of the better perks, maybe even slightly nerf some meta perks and use this as a way to make them less stackable

    This is a great idea in terms of the uniqueness of the characters.

    It will also not be boring to play as a killer, because from the start you can predict which survivors are in front of you.

  • Same as every other "give survivors passives" conversation.

    1. It would create a survivor meta. The strongest perks = the characters picked 90% of the time.
    2. It would ridiculously punish a HUGE amount of the playerbase who invested in their favourite character if they were now objectively worse than other characters, especially when you have people who just unlock teachables then add them to their one p3-50 character who has everything.
  • "Give survivors passives" could work if it was minimal and done right.

    Lets say theres 3 or 4 'stats' that slightly adjust certain things such as; healing speed, vaulting speed, exhaustion decrease, unhooking speed.

    Each survivor gets between 1 and 4 points for each, adjusting each one by 1%, but only up to a maximum of 6.

    For example, Claudette could have healing +3, unhooking +2, vaulting +1. Giving her +3% healing speed would synergise with her perks.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Same as every other "give survivors passives" conversation.

    1. It would create a survivor meta. The strongest perks = the characters picked 90% of the time.
    2. It would ridiculously punish a HUGE amount of the playerbase who invested in their favourite character if they were now objectively worse than other characters, especially when you have people who just unlock teachables then add them to their one p3-50 character who has everything.

    And the killers don't choose the strongest?

    Don't they have a meta that has been running for 5 years now?

    Play for the survivors yourself! Where is our choice in uniqueness

    We need such changes to make the game feel fresh

    And whatever you understand, I play as Rin and I would not mind breaking this established skin of survivors that does not affect anything

  • No thanks, I dont want to play character I dont like just because their perks are stronger

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    No thanks, I dont want to play character I dont like just because their perks are stronger

    Nobody forces you to play as an unloved survivor

    But in the choice of the killer, everyone, of course, takes Bline Rin and nurse Cool

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2615836#Comment_2615836

    And the killers don't choose the strongest?

    Don't they have a meta that has been running for 5 years now?

    Play for the survivors yourself! Where is our choice in uniqueness

    We need such changes to make the game feel fresh

    And whatever you understand, I play as Rin and I would not mind breaking this established skin of survivors that does not affect anything

    There's a difference though. A killer is an entirely different playstyle. Legion is trash but still has weird popularity because, I dunno, people like to run fast.

    Survivors are all the same gameplay, they don't have a power that makes them fundamentally different experiences. If you give them passive boosts, they're still all the same gameplay, they still all have the same perks, except some are objectively better.

    My main is Quentin, I've invested more into him than any other character. Now what, I get stuck with "duuuh open gates 1s faster" while other people get buffs to Unbreakable and Dead Hard?

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2615836#Comment_2615836

    And the killers don't choose the strongest?

    Don't they have a meta that has been running for 5 years now?

    Play for the survivors yourself! Where is our choice in uniqueness

    We need such changes to make the game feel fresh

    And whatever you understand, I play as Rin and I would not mind breaking this established skin of survivors that does not affect anything

    Your idea of "freshness" is introducing a Survivor meta which you yourself are apparently slightly irked about with regards to Killer... Can you not see how that will end up pissing you off just as much (unless your Survivor main is quite literally just going to benefit from this Powercreep)?

  • Survivors would only play Laurie, Bill or Meg

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Do you want to only see Laurie, Bill, or Meg in every lobby?

    Because that's how you get only seeing Laurie, Bill, or Meg in every lobby.

    Then what's the problem if there is no choice anymore

    What difference does it make to you if survivors have passive perks?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618263#Comment_2618263

    Because I like being able to play every ability on any survivor I want?

    I also want to play for bubba but with the abilities of a nurse, so what?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618288#Comment_2618288

    We're talking about survivor passives and you bring up this.

    Nice whataboutism.

    the meta needs to be changed on both sides

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618305#Comment_2618305

    Every game with player-specific characteristics leads to characters in the meta being disproportionately chosen.

    Your suggestion will make the problem worse.

    Then, in your opinion, let the killers have a choice of uniqueness in their abilities, while the survivors with small passives of 1% do not have uniqueness?

  • I said that you need to make the survivors passive abilities that give them uniqueness

    And the question was about the fact that the killers have a choice and the survivors do not

    It is necessary to make sure that the survivors have not just skin as a unique and interesting character with his own passive abilities

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618590#Comment_2618590

    Killers get to be unique because they're the 1 in the 1 vs 4 structure. You don't get any more unique than being the only player in that role.

    I understand you think passive abilities = uniqueness, but the draw of survivors are that you can have the same result no matter who you play. This was an intentional design choice by the devs.

    When you give certain characters uniqueness characteristics, people chose very few characters. This isn't a hypothetical situation either, it really does happen in those games.

    You already see it in this game when people complain about a lack of variety in killers they face.

    Your idea of uniqueness will lead to less survivor variety, paradoxically leading to less uniqueness among survivors. Which was your entire point in the first place.

    Do you think there is a large selection of survivors now?

    Everyone has already scored and are playing on the same character and there are about 7 types of them

    Then let the passive ability open from prestige

    maybe 2 or 3?

    I would like it to be not just a skin of survivors which is USELESS

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2618601#Comment_2618601

    Do you think there is a large selection of survivors now?

    Everyone has already scored and are playing on the same character and there are about 7 types of them

    Then let the passive ability open from prestige

    maybe 2 or 3?

    I would like it to be not just a skin of survivors which is USELESS

    I could have respected your opinion if it was from a perspective of personality, but it seems all you're after is functionality.

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292596/what-if-survivors-slightly-buffed-their-native-teachable-perks-slightly

    This is a great idea in terms of the uniqueness of the characters.

    It will also not be boring to play as a killer, because from the start you can predict which survivors are in front of you.

    You can predict the loadouts of most survivors already.

  • @Hunter_Main_322 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2615836#Comment_2615836

    And the killers don't choose the strongest?

    Don't they have a meta that has been running for 5 years now?

    Play for the survivors yourself! Where is our choice in uniqueness

    We need such changes to make the game feel fresh

    And whatever you understand, I play as Rin and I would not mind breaking this established skin of survivors that does not affect anything

    The thing is killers have unique powers. Yes some powers are stronger than others but killer powers do also change the way a killer is played to a significant degree. Some people might just enjoy a weaker killer because of their power.

    Survivors do not have this. It doesn't matter if you play Meg or Ace, the game play is the same.

    Let's say I'm an Ace main. Why would I play Ace over other survivors? His perks suck and no matter what buff to his perks he gives they still won't be better than current meta perks for survivor. If my Ace build has BT in it I would be better off playing Bill who buffs BT.

  • New David Dead Hard!

    Dead Harder! After you lunge forward and are immune to everything while in the lunge animation, you also gain Sprint Burst!


    /sarcasm

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/292596/what-if-survivors-slightly-buffed-their-native-teachable-perks-slightly

    Yeah let's make the game easier for survivors. Great idea. Let us add killer bots in too!

    I play as assassins as well, and it would be interesting for me to play against unique survivors

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2621833#Comment_2621833

    Not quite what I meant but yeah it's definitely interesting for the idea alone.

    the main thing is not the idea but the actions on the part of B.Kh.V.R. I hope they at least start doing something