Tunneling has to stop... NOW! Something HAS to be done about this.

Tunneling ruins this game for survivors. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense. When a killer blatantly comes right back to you straight off the hook and tunnels you down until your death hook the game is no longer fun at that point. Its just not worth playing. There is little to nothing survivors can do to counter this unless you have some kinda insanely coordinated SWF group to deal with toxic killers that do this. Tunneling playstyles have to be discouraged and the perks we have for it aren't enough. The action altogether needs to be discouraged and until there is some kind of punishment for doing it then it will never stop. Tunneling survivors down makes for a miserable experience and there is absolutely nothing at all fun about it. If you play killer and you do this please know you're ruining this game for survivors. You may think its fun but for me it really makes me not want to press that ready button again.

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714901#Comment_2714901

    I've never seen an objective, non biased opinion from you. Either crying for unnecessary Killer Perk nerfs or unnecessary Survivor buffs

    Because you think anything I say is a bias opinion rather than feedback based on my experience. I want the game to be fair and believe that it currently is not fair for survivors. I do believe a lot of changes need to be made. Most survivors aren't professional killer runners in this game.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714907#Comment_2714907

    Because you think anything I say is a bias opinion rather than feedback based on my experience. I want the game to be fair and believe that it currently is not fair for survivors. I do believe a lot of changes need to be made. Most survivors aren't professional killer runners in this game.

    That just proves my point. You're having bad matches, either due to your own skill or SBMM just decided you're not having fun today and then make posts complaining. My Survivor matches, tho extremely boring, are won in a couple of minutes with 2-6 hooks, which happens like 90% of the time, SoloQ aswell. Most people can agree that Survivor is the power role, unless the Killer is Nurse or Blight, which are the only Killers that can play against a good SWF.

    To your point about running Killers. How hard is it? You're running around a Pallet a few times and then drop it or ShiftW because the Killer mindgame'd themselves. The skill ceiling for Survivor is extremely low, even Killer is pretty easy

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714917#Comment_2714917

    That just proves my point. You're having bad matches, either due to your own skill or SBMM just decided you're not having fun today and then make posts complaining. My Survivor matches, tho extremely boring, are won in a couple of minutes with 2-6 hooks, which happens like 90% of the time, SoloQ aswell. Most people can agree that Survivor is the power role, unless the Killer is Nurse or Blight, which are the only Killers that can play against a good SWF.

    To your point about running Killers. How hard is it? You're running around a Pallet a few times and then drop it or ShiftW because the Killer mindgame'd themselves. The skill ceiling for Survivor is extremely low, even Killer is pretty easy

    That simply is not true. The skill ceiling for survivors is a huge difference between people who can loop a killer for 5 gens and those who go down within a few seconds of being found. The majority of survivors can't do that in my experience, not even close. And most of the things I complain about are camping and tunneling, which shouldn't be a thing in this game to begin with and that is not an opinion original with me. A lot of survivors agree those actions are terribly unfair for survivors.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714917#Comment_2714917

    While I am also in agreement about the tunneling/camping issue, unfortunately your post history does very much invalidate your opinion to a lot of people. I've seen you demand Noed be deleted, that the chainsaw shouldn't down, that exit gate perks need to be deleted, that survivors should be as fast as the killer, etc. Etc. So you DO come off very survivor biased.

    There are issues on both sides that should be resolved by the devs that they are ignoring. There are things about survivors that need to be nerfed as well, like the strength of CoH, the flashlight bullying, to name only 2 of many.

    There is no easy way to stop the tunneling and camping, it's been in the game for too long, and any punishments that have been suggested could be exploited by toxic survivors, ruining the game the same way from the other side.

    Honestly.. the game is supposed to be in the killers favor, that's the core idea behind it. If the killers hadn't been nerfed so much to cater to whiny survivor mains, maybe they wouldn't have adopted such a cheap tactic to win. And that's coming from a survivor main.

    Survivors should be as fast as the killer when they are the last one and the hatch has spawned. If you're going to mention things I have said, please be sure not to leave out details that would make others think I meant something else. Yes, NOED is overpowered. I'm not the only person that thinks that or posts about it. Cannibal's chainsaw shouldn't instant down unless it become powered up first by doing other objectives to make it that powerful temporarily. Exit gate perks that do block the lever for so long that the survivor can die before being able to interact with it need to be changed. These are not unfair or bias opinions. These are suggestions that I really do feel would make this game more balanced and fair.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714930#Comment_2714930

    That simply is not true. The skill ceiling for survivors is a huge difference between people who can loop a killer for 5 gens and those who go down within a few seconds of being found. The majority of survivors can't do that in my experience, not even close. And most of the things I complain about are camping and tunneling, which shouldn't be a thing in this game to begin with and that is not an opinion original with me. A lot of survivors agree those actions are terribly unfair for survivors.

    1. No Survivor should even be able to loop for more than 2 gens max, that's just bad map design, or the Killer got absolutely screwed by SBMM

    2. If the Survivors in your team can't loop the Killer for more than 10 seconds, you're either on their level or SBMM broke

    3. Camping and tunneling are necessary in current meta. There's no difference between tunneling and doing gen-rushing. It's just doing your objective quickly, tho tunneling can be stopped by Perks and teamwork while gen-rushing (like, real, no saves, no heals, no nothing) can't. Camping, or better said, strategical camping, is not toxic. If the Killer has nowhere better to go, why should he just leave the hook because it's "unfun"

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714936#Comment_2714936

    Survivors should be as fast as the killer when they are the last one and the hatch has spawned. If you're going to mention things I have said, please be sure not to leave out details that would make others think I meant something else. Yes, NOED is overpowered. I'm not the only person that thinks that or posts about it. Cannibal's chainsaw shouldn't instant down unless it become powered up first by doing other objectives to make it that powerful temporarily. Exit gate perks that do block the lever for so long that the survivor can die before being able to interact with it need to be changed. These are not unfair or bias opinions. These are suggestions that I really do feel would make this game more balanced and fair.

    2 posts above +

    NOED is OP, becouse you let it be.

    Hexes get shred in matter of minutes. Boons thunders is heard a lot…but dull totems??? aint nobody got time for that

  • @KateMain86 said:

    Tunneling ruins this game for survivors. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense. When a killer blatantly comes right back to you straight off the hook and tunnels you down until your death hook the game is no longer fun at that point. Its just not worth playing. There is little to nothing survivors can do to counter this unless you have some kinda insanely coordinated SWF group to deal with toxic killers that do this. Tunneling playstyles have to be discouraged and the perks we have for it aren't enough. The action altogether needs to be discouraged and until there is some kind of punishment for doing it then it will never stop. Tunneling survivors down makes for a miserable experience and there is absolutely nothing at all fun about it. If you play killer and you do this please know you're ruining this game for survivors. You may think its fun but for me it really makes me not want to press that ready button again.

    Well...sry, but it's really dumb.

    I can also say something like:

    "Bodyblocking it's not fun to play against and it must be stopped. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense" or " Genrush ruins the game for killers. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense"

    Or I can say this):

    "Boon totems, especially CoH, are behind the fair play. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense"

    And go on.


    Dude, this is game where one player must kill 4 another players for the mystical dark encient creature please satisfaction. Killer is free to use any of working kill tactics.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2714936#Comment_2714936

    Survivors should be as fast as the killer when they are the last one and the hatch has spawned. If you're going to mention things I have said, please be sure not to leave out details that would make others think I meant something else. Yes, NOED is overpowered. I'm not the only person that thinks that or posts about it. Cannibal's chainsaw shouldn't instant down unless it become powered up first by doing other objectives to make it that powerful temporarily. Exit gate perks that do block the lever for so long that the survivor can die before being able to interact with it need to be changed. These are not unfair or bias opinions. These are suggestions that I really do feel would make this game more balanced and fair.

    Git gud and use Windows against Bubba and the Chainsaw is meh at best, No Way Out isn't op, nor NOED

  • I won't bother with playing normally anymore, as long as survivors get to abuse bs like Dead Hard and Circle of Healing I won't stop tunneling and proxycamping people as Pyramid Head. The meta has become extremely hostile towards killers and this is just my way of coping with this. I can't even imagine playing any other killer right now, the ability to completely deny DS is too good.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    Tunneling ruins this game for survivors. This is a problem and I don't know why after all this time it is not a reportable offense. When a killer blatantly comes right back to you straight off the hook and tunnels you down until your death hook the game is no longer fun at that point. Its just not worth playing. There is little to nothing survivors can do to counter this unless you have some kinda insanely coordinated SWF group to deal with toxic killers that do this. Tunneling playstyles have to be discouraged and the perks we have for it aren't enough. The action altogether needs to be discouraged and until there is some kind of punishment for doing it then it will never stop. Tunneling survivors down makes for a miserable experience and there is absolutely nothing at all fun about it. If you play killer and you do this please know you're ruining this game for survivors. You may think its fun but for me it really makes me not want to press that ready button again.

    Tell the devs to get rid of trash MMR and you will see less tunneling.

  • The survivors constantly running away from me has to stop. How is that supposed to be fun for me?

  • Let me guess, 600 - 700 hours with around 550 - 675 in survivor? If you have more in either side this is just a low quality bait thread.

  • @KateMain86 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2615663#Comment_2615663

    No, it didn't. If you think tunneling is fair play then you're wrong. If it was a reportable offense I strongly think you would see it stop very fast.

    There's a reason its not a reportable offense. I mean this in the most constructive way possible: when you get tunneled, grow a set and move on.

  • @Citrusfruit said:

    Let me guess, 600 - 700 hours with around 550 - 675 in survivor? If you have more in either side this is just a low quality bait thread.

    Its not a bait thread. Its my opinion and feedback on something I strongly believe is and has been ruining this game for a long time. I'm a survivor main with 1800 hours played in this game so I know from experience how much it makes the game unfun to play.

1 2 3 4 ›