Tome challenges should be changed due to mmr
I'm not being funny but if we balance for 2k 2E at mid level then this is far harder the higher you go due to the imbalance.
With that being the case why are there still 4k challenges? 3k sure I'd accept that even though that's over performing but surely this is miss leading? Certain killers you just wont 4k at high mmr unless you're lucky and get miss matched tbh. This is even less likely if you get an unfair map and are forced to use a weak/pointless perk while your opponents use meta
Comments
Yea, 4k challenges shouldnt be a thing anymore. If its "kill X survivors over Y matches" I dont mind but get a 4k with dumb perks or 4k before exit gates are open...thats some sweaty stuff
Agreed, although those sacrifice X survivors can be grindy too if we use the 2k 2E thing. Honestly I'd rather kills than sacrifices, at least I can use a mori or pyramid head lol.
I guess some people don't like playing the game anymore 🤷
At high mmr? Debatable without challenges. Being forced to use a weak perk at an unbalanced level and being told to get a 4k when you're only meant to get 2ks.
Not being funny wraith got nerfed, he wasnt even getting an average of 3k and that's before mmr.
Happy to use a bad perk so I can just move on, but be forced to use a bad perk over and over till I may finally get a team weaker than me nope.
No one is forcing you. If you can't complete the challenge move on and enjoy the game in another way.
Or they can have challenges that match their balance point.
Perks are only relevant in the mid to late game. I played against red ranks with a level 3 Pig and just one perk. I double pipped that game because I killed everyone before EGC. A lot of games come down to your mindset and how well you play against certain survivor perks. It's not over just because you aren't running what's currently meta.
Why though. They are challenges. They are not many to be easy every time.
Once again it's not within the balance of the game. It's not a challenge if it's just luck based.
Challenge does not mean RNG luck.
I like a challenge where my skill is rewarded not a challenge where my skill doesnt matter only luck I get miss matched.
Cool, but ranks mean nothing lol. They're called grades and have no impact. Fact you dont know that means you arent high mmr sorry... but once again that's luck.
I can tell you for a fact they were all running dead hard, some BT, some DS and I forget the rest. MMR is not a concerning factor to me, regardless of how you feel about it. I'm saying the game is still winnable. No reason to give up.
4K challenges are still doable. Yeah, it's balanced for 2K 2E. But that doesn't mean you won't get 4K's now and again. It just means that on AVERAGE, you'll have 2k 2E (at least in theory).
So you could have:
4K - 4K - 0K - 0K and that'd be an average of 2 kills per match.
Or you could have 3K - 3K - 1K - 1K and have an average of 2 kills per match
Or even 4K - 3K - 1K - 0K and have an average of 2 kills per match.
There's still some ridiculous challenges out there, but I don't think getting a 4K is quite on of them. (Honestly the hatch change is worse for 4K's than anything. You can't go find the hatch before killing the 3rd survivor, and then have to guard both exit gates and hope that you pick the right one.) I'd say the most ridiculous one is still finish 4 gens with the perk dark sense in one trial. Unless you're in an SWF it's practically undoable.
How are you so sure you are high mmr? No one knows. Maybe just git gud. The only luck that goes into this game is if you are matched against a team better or worse then you, which is the same for every multiplayer game out there. You lose the game because you are less skilled then the other team.
Sorry you can't play the game without running full meta. If one perk makes all the difference then there is a different issue in play..Maybe that's why you have trouble. Because you rely on perks to make you better or make the decision for you rather then increasing your own abilities.
Love the way you assume they can't play without full meta.
If you think you can win every game as any killer because you're good enough then no.
Sure I can 4man slug with nurse and 1hook everyone, silly me for wanting to encourage a better playstyle lol.
Just saying if the games not balanced for it we should probably change it, things based around luck is not a fun experience. I just said it should be made into a 3k not a 4k due to mmr being a thing now. I think that's reasonable. But that challenge is from the first ever tome if I remember right lol, I got it but I often got teams that didnt do gens lol
Yeah but perks dont mean they can use them well, use to always see people mess up dead hard.
I'm not saying I wont get a 4k, I'm just saying it should be changed. If I have to I can 4man slug as nurse at 5 gens
He said he was less likely to win if he was forced to use a "weak/pointless perk". It made him frustrated enough to make a forum post about how he struggles to get a 4k while using a single perk that he doesn't commonly use. So take that as you will.
I'm not saying you will win every game. There is always someone out there that is better then you. If you won everygame, this game would become boring. Silly me for wanting people to get better at the game.
Again you throw luck around as if it is an actual thing in this game. This isn't gambling in the sense of the gameplay. You are either better or worse then the other team.
Theres no luck in this game? Lol okay if you dont get that maps, tiles, pallet spawns, windows are rng and therefore luck of you get a good iteration. That's not even counting possible swf, meta perks, the killer you play which make a huge difference. Some killers even have rng in their powers which is another luck factor.
I'm well versed and experienced in this game thankyou. I have been playing since its release, the game is not balanced and alot is rng which can f you over.
This post doesnt even have to be about me getting a 4k. I have the past 3 matches now point being is challenges out of balance shouldn't exist. I make posts for all players not just my own selfish needs.
Wrong. Should stop assuming.
Saying that completing a challenge comes down to luck is wrong.
Just because you have many hours in something doesn't make you good at that thing.
Challenges that require you to do something that is out of balance should exist. That is why they are called Challenges. Some are meant to be harder then others. Just because some people struggle with them doesn't mean they shouldn't exist the way they are.
Complete 4 gens while using dark sense. As a solo that is LUCK. That was a challenge. Enough said, you also didnt read anything I said as i said me getting a 4k happens, now had 5in a row.
But I'm very experienced, can imagine not so easy or common for all players.
Damn. You didn't read anything I said did you. I clearly said challenges are supposed to be challenging.
I'm very experienced too. That doesn't mean challenges need to be easy for me or anyone else.
I legit gave you fact that a challenge can be luck. Clearly not very experienced in using your brain or understanding what you are saying yourself.
I proved you wrong that there is luck and RNG in the game. I proved you wrong some challenges are luck based and not skill.
I'm done replying. You're one of those people who go round in circles over and over even when examples are given, it's not a discussion when you just avoid what the other person is saying and proving.
Wrong. Should stop assuming. You clearly have an extra chromosome or something.
I tell you why challenges are supposed to be challenges. There is no reason to try and discuss why you are wrong as you clearly just want other people to stroke your ego since no one else in your life will.
I'm done replying. It's not a discussion if you fail to acknowledge what the other is saying.
Trash players can be a full meta SWF in "red ranks" and still be trash due to how the grade system functions. If you, as a Pig, ran one perk against a meta squad - they either weren't trying to escape, or your MMR was low.
Hes a basement troll, just ignore it lol
I hear you, I just would rather waste some time replying with a correction than not do so just because it's pointless :P
Yeah but I tried explaining theres alot of rng and luck in the game and he wouldn't have it. Even gave numerous examples too lol, but i said to him this post wasnt about me getting a 4k personally just that I think it should be changed at least to 3k if we are balancing at the 2E rule
I agree with you.
I'm mostly here for the troll, though.
It's super simple to tell what survivor groups want to have fun and which ones want to leave. I dont get very many groups that just want to chase and have fun. I've had maybe two groups do that. I've had a handful of groups where I kill the last survivor as they're trying to escape. I've not had many groups leave where I have no kills to show for it. That's not very telling of what my MMR is, but I simply cannot believe that it's because of my MMR or the survivors being bad players.