How strong is Bubba?
Pretty much what the title asks.
What makes him strong? What are his weaknesses? Do you think he's balanced?
Let me know your thoughts.
Pretty much what the title asks.
What makes him strong? What are his weaknesses? Do you think he's balanced?
Let me know your thoughts.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
He is well balanced but there are only few good Bubbas outside. Most Bubbas i saw are [Bad word] face campers who refuse to learn to play.
For over a year when threads came up asking who everyone hates facing most, Bubba was up there with Spirit for me.
I find him strong because he has pretty easy to hit insta-downs at all times, innate 50% brutal strength with his chainsaw (or it feels like it, I couldn't find the exact number), and can only really be countered by a good window abuse spot, of which there aren't too many that can handle him.
If you're ever caught out in the open, you're just gone.
Pair that with his insane facecamping ability with literally no counterplay (he even rushes down Borrowed Time like you never even had it) and it becomes extremely unfun.
---
That said, I do like some of the strategic thought processes that you have to use when vsing him.
Examples:
Do I vault this window and risk him predicting it with a chainsaw rush on the other side, or do I camp the window and force him to come close and M1 me before I vault?
Do I let him eat every pallet, or can I afford to risk going for the stun or greed loop pathing without putting my team in a bad position?
When do I get out of the locker?
He is worse now since he was nerfed, but sometimes succeeds in 4k if the survivors are solo. I'd put him a little bit above Trickster in strength.
I feel people still underrate him quite a bit. Bambozlee Bubba with double Chilli does not get looped. I'd say he's the strongest killer with no mobility. All of his weaknesses are the same that other killers with no mobility have.
He's also quite good on proxy camping. I still remember a Bubba I went against who was able to defend a 3 gen, a Ruin totem and a basement hook. Just because he threatens multiple places way better than even killers like Hag can.
I enjoy going up against Bubba, it always seems like he will either get 4k or 0k, there isn't really any inbetween with him, its always a nervy first few minutes while you figure out what type of killer you are up against.
I like playing with him as well, I always run Bamboozle as well, without that it would be extremely difficult to play him.
He's good and balanced with only a few weaknesses bit those weaknesses are very easy to use as a Survivor. His anti loop is great, he's also very good at shredding pallets but he lacks in map pressure and windows kind of destroy him
I think bubba at the highest SBMM is quite strong compared to 85% of the other killers especially Award winning chili pared with blighted serum for add ons to get that first down quickly! His ability to down a survivor, hook them and just literally proxy camp hooks without chasing a single survivor and still hit through borrowed time against really good teams is nuts. You could slap on perks like corrupt, deadlock, no way out and maybe noed, down your first survivor and just camp the hook untill someone either goes for the save or the survivor just goes into second stage and is sacrificed. You can literally get away with playing like this with this build against very very strong teams..
Running a regular build like, pop, bbq, corrupt, bamboozle etc against very very good teams however you will struggle as those survivors will just tight loop pallets/pre throw, abuse and combo windows together and before you know it all the gens are done and your left with no kills..
You could sweat your nuts off against good teams as blight or nurse and 1k chasing survivors all around the entire map just as equally as downing your first survivor and just proxy camping hooks to get pretty much the same outcome as leatherface without sweating.
B is for Bubba
Bubba is r teh stronkest boi.
But seriously, he is good. Really good.
B tier! Not good not bad.
Strong as his chili
Very strong. Base 115 movement speed killer making him a viable M1 killer his chainsaw is just... broken, at most loops a survivor has to make a choice. save the pallet, leatherface gets a speed boost from his chainsaw and will catch you before you finish the loop. Or you drop the pallet and he instantly breaks it with his chainsaw and is on you way to quickly. Sure you can use windows. However most leatherfaces run bamboozle to simply a negate the loop. He may not be as strong as some killers, either low A tier or High B tier however he way to strong for how easy he is to play