Situational Awareness perk is just griefing.
So I tried the Situational Awareness perk, that allows other survivors to see me repairing a generator. I thought, oh look, maybe this will encourage some teamwork and help me fix generators faster.
Nope. In my FIRST game with this perk on, it basically was a way for people being chased to have the killer go after me instead. People being chased would just run directly at me, while im fixing a generator, in hopes that the killer would switch to me.
It was nothing more than a griefing perk because of how the community doesn't play team game.
Comments
Like any group perk, it depends on your teammates. Kindred is amazing in solo queue, but hook farmers are still going to run at you with their dicks out and unhook you right in front of the killer, and somebody doing a rift challenge is still going to ignore you or race other people to the hook depending on what criteria they're trying to fulfill. Bond is the same - some people use it to avoid teammates in a chase, others use it to find them and pawn off the killer. In general I wouldn't recommend Better Together/Situational Awareness because you want survivors spread out on gens and there's just better things you can do with your perk slots.
Another issue with the perk is that the yellow highlight is shared by several other perks, Trail of Torment and Blast Mine off the top of my head, so survivors don't know what the indicator means.
Yeah, I stopped running Blood Pact for a similar reason. I'd be injured, and the uninjured obsession would run the killer at me in a chase. Even had it happen where a never-been-hooked obsession got me mori'd doing that.
I like running info perks that tell me where other survivors are, but I've come to avoid perks that tell other survivors where I am.
Is that the meta? Survivors being spread out?
Because I disagree but I'm new. Working together knocks the gens out way faster
Actually, it's better for survivors to spread out. For one, gen repair is slower than 100% per survivor when you group up on a gen, so two survivors working on separate gens will get two gens done quicker than if those two survivors work together on one gen and then a second gen. Also, if survivors work on separate gens, the killer has a much more difficult time pressuring gens and slowing down repair progress: it's easier to get multiple survivors off one gen than it is to get multiple survivors off multiple gens. At the beginning of a match, if every survivor works on a separate generator, you can pop three gens by the time the killer gets their first hook (if the first player to get chased is halfway decent). Be aware enough to avoid a three gen and you can practically guarantee winning the match right there.
It is. Working together is more useful in the late game, when the killer has a much smaller net of unfinished gens to patrol and you need to hammer out one of those gens as fast as possible, but in the early game and midgame, you want survivors on separate gens. Without Prove Thyself, there's actually a stacking inefficiency to more than one survivor working on a gen, and more generator progress gets done if everyone is on a different one. But the main benefit of being spread out is that the killer can only bother one of you at a time. If you're all on one gen and the killer shows up, everyone has to scatter and regroup somewhere else; if you're all in separate areas of the map, the killer will find one person and chase them, but everyone else will continue to work on gens unhindered. I play solo queue and I often run Prove Thyself, and if I spawn in with a group of survivors, I will move away from them and find a separate gen. Doing a gen with one other survivor is okay, since I've got a perk that benefits it, but three or four on one gen is wasted potential.
There are exceptions - if Ruin is up, you generally want to prioritize finishing individual gens over getting lots of progress on separate gens. Same if the killer has Pop Goes The Weasel. But it's much easier for the killer to focus on one gen than it is several across the map, so it's good not to place all your eggs in one basket.
In high level gameplay, where survivors are playing as optimally as possible, the killer needs to end their first chase very quickly (which is hard, because early on is when the most chase resources still exist on the map, pallets and unbroken breakable walls) or 3 generators are basically guaranteed to pop a minute and a half in.
but what if I'm running Prove Thyself?
Prove Thyself lessens the penalty but doesn't completely negate it:
https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Prove_Thyself#Prove_Thyself_Repair_speeds
With two people on a gen, it becomes very close to 100% repair speed per survivor, but it's still a tiny bit under. The more survivors on a gen, even with Prove Thyself, the more that drops. With four survivors on a gen with Prove Thyself, the speed per survivor is 80% (which is much better than the 55% it would be without Prove Thyself, but splitting up on separate gens is still more efficient).
Here I was thinking Prove Thyself was amazing. I'm gonna swap it out then.
Survivors are just moths on autopilot. Attracted to auras.
It's got its uses. It gives you great bloodpoints, it mostly eliminates the inefficiency of stacking survivors on a gen (so it's great for when teammates wander over to your gen), and it's amazing for hammering out a gen in a situation where you really need to race the killer for it - 3-gen situations when one player's trying to bait the killer's attention, or times when the killer is heading towards your gen but you've almost got it, and so on. By all means, it's a good perk.
Prove Thyself is amazing. It removes the speed penalty for working on gens co-op, while also granting an absorbent amount of extra objective points. Situational Awareness is not a bad perk, but there are much better perks to run.
This is the point that the survivors have only 4 perk choices ("No Mither" "Unbreakable" "Borrowed Time" "Decisive Strike" "Iron Will") They also added a totem thanks at least something useful, but I personally don't use it
Because of this, perks are needed NOT "is not a bad perk, but there are much better perks to run .."
And directly the best and useful ones that are not ashamed to take and lose the game because of them