I love DBD.

Anyone here been playing as long as me....say early 2017 really enjoy this game still? I of course have my concerns with some things like when you get teams that make you feel like you cant really do much :') and of course toxic players on both sides. But besides that? I never really tire of this game much.

Comments

  • even though i would fit that time frame, sadly i cant say that i do.

    not in its current state at least.


    its a great concept (one that i absolutely adore and love), but the gameplay has just become so dull and straight up frustrating that i just can no longer justify playing this game to myself.

  • Wow 2017, that is long time with this this game. Sadly I haven't been here as long as you I started in 2020 around Blight's release.

  • I love DBD, too. But... because of the balancing, I only play to do dailies and a single match with either role. I'm finding it hard to even do that now, though, to be honest.

  • I like the game a lot, I just have frustrations with it.

    Do I love it though?

    You'll never hear me admit that even if it's true, which I will also not confirm nor deny.

  • @GeneralV said:

    I loved DBD.

    we still love having you here.

  • After 3 years yes I still love dbd. I cant wait to see whats happening next.

    The devs did a great job, my only concern is lack of new maps.

    However what is making me sometimes feel bad about this game are the players. So selfish and toxic and competitive.

    I feel like being the only player trying underrated builds. Trying new loops. Trying to enjoy the game and not winning everytime.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Anyone here been playing as long as me....say early 2017 really enjoy this game still? I of course have my concerns with some things like when you get teams that make you feel like you cant really do much :') and of course toxic players on both sides. But besides that? I never really tire of this game much.

    I’ve been playing since early 2018 and I can easily say this game is far more balanced then it ever used to be especially on the survivor side of things. There are still plenty of good swfs and on outdated imbalanced maps like mothers dwelling, grim pantry hadnofunfield etc it’s still quite annoying playing killer on those maps against good teams.

    Killer in this game is huge and the main attraction to what keeps DBD afloat. I remember seeing DBD average 30k viewers in 2019 on twitch and now I think it’s around 40-45k viewers so an improvement for sure.. But are those viewers coming from mixer after it shut down in July 2020?

    Skill based matchmaking is a hindrance to this game I would say for sure and I’m going to be honest a lot of these killer designs after Oni besides blight have been very very very unhealthy for the game especially trickster..

    This game is floating still but alot of these big streamers that average over 500-1000 viewers are getting fed up and burnt out from MMR and a lackluster on the developers end listening to experienced players that have had many many many good balancing ideas for the game is catching up to them I think..

  • I still love it. Longest game I've ever played. Played around 3 assassins creeds, 3 Cod's and Ghost of Tushima in the midst of this game but ive still kept coming back to it. Ive enjoyed playing in the evenings after work, always been something I've really looked forward to after a long day :)

  • I’ve played off and on since 2016, I still love it. Just constant swings back and forth over the years with the power dynamic don’t make it as fun as it used to be.

  • I too started (winter) 2017 and still enjoy the gameplay.

    Obviously the game does need fixes, changes, buffs, nerfs, reworks, additional content (especially new maps at this point imo) etc but the gameplay itself still isn't boring to me to this point as there's always something you can try, learn or improve at.

  • I started playing DBD around late 2018 (Near the end of December) and it's just not the same as it was back then. I have fun with this game from time to time, but it kind of gets stale after a while.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Anyone here been playing as long as me....say early 2017 really enjoy this game still? I of course have my concerns with some things like when you get teams that make you feel like you cant really do much :') and of course toxic players on both sides. But besides that? I never really tire of this game much.

    I've been around since right before the 5th year anniversary, and I love it.

  • I've been here since beta. I loved DBD - but it's been a downhill slide as the devs perpetuate, participate in, and even reward toxicity at every turn, and the company just gets more and more out of touch and corrupt.

  • Thanks.

    I still love to hang out here and fight for the game I once loved.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2607726#Comment_2607726

    Thanks.

    I still love to hang out here and fight for the game I once loved.

    I went back and re read your interview and I thought you were spot on.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2607776#Comment_2607776

    I went back and re read your interview and I thought you were spot on.

    Hey, that is good to know. I really liked that interview.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Anyone here been playing as long as me....say early 2017 really enjoy this game still? I of course have my concerns with some things like when you get teams that make you feel like you cant really do much :') and of course toxic players on both sides. But besides that? I never really tire of this game much.

    Didn't take long for you to label something or someone as toxic. Buzzword of the decade

  • @GeneralV said:

    I loved DBD.

    You still do ;-;

  • It can be frustrating at times.

    Deep down I love the game not only because I enjoy it still, but also because I have met so many great friends through it.

  • I loved what the game once was, but despise what it currently is.

    If that counts as loving DBD, then yes, I indeed still do.

  • I got bummed out real bad by the whole NFT debacle and I kinda pushed the game aside. I already felt like I was getting burned out on it so it feel more like this cemented my decision to stop playing.

    That, and I heard nothing but horror stories concerning the new chapter. The wrong kind of horror stories at least.

  • @themoobs1984 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/291828/i-love-dbd

    Didn't take long for you to label something or someone as toxic. Buzzword of the decade

    end game chat