Maps need an mmr
Maps need a rating that gets adjusted to limit frequency in rotation. After each match that map reduces in odds of reappearing until other maps reach the adjusted rating.
With tracking from the 5 players that should help increase the variety of realms visited and prevent several repeats within the same session for solos/swf.
Just extremely tired of seeing the same maps guaranteed to be played everyday before the possibility of anything else. Think everyone could use a little buffer to push back maps favored by rng and display the full roster.
Comments
I think they should be weighted in the MMR scoring as well.
If a 4-man stomps on Haddonfield, they should get less then if they played on Shelter Woods.
I know this isn't exactly what you were talking about, but it's kinda related
I don’t agree with maps affecting player MMR, as you would have to account for the killer that was faced on that map. A nurse on Haddonfield is god like with range addons, so a survivor team shouldn’t get penalized for JUST playing on Haddonfield.
I prefer something along the OP’s idea: calculate recently played maps by each player in the lobby and eliminate the common denominators. If 4/5 have played on Coldwind last game, the map can’t be Coldwind.
Evidently, they don't want to balance maps though.
The MMR system should be more in-depth. If a team gets stomped by a 4 slowdown double range Nurse on Shelter Woods, they really shouldn't lose a ton. I'm saying if they win on those maps, take a % off. If they win against someone with a higher MMR, add a % on. If that person was using super good add-ons, add more of a %
I prefer we just redo how maps are selected. The offering system is archaic, and it would have been back in 2016 too.
Maps don't need MMR, they need rework and *god loop* shouldn't be in game anymore.
Currently survivors can escape by abusing god loops and it's stupid. Butcher maps in a way so only good survivor can run away by not doing a single mistake and not by running into broken area.
We need map pool like in Sc2. It works great.
Maps just need to be balanced so they are all roughly the same for everyone. Maps can't have an MMR, because they couldn't even come up with a skill based MMR for players. Kills and escapes is the best they could come up with after years of working on it.
Map Balance is a whole other issue, I just want to play without seeing the same maps repeatedly, everyday, before being able to play on any others without an offering.
Say you put each map at 100%, after playing on that map it goes down 1-5%. By tracking the odds for each player the system would load in maps with the highest % first and keep things fresh.
I get ya. My comment had more to do with the dev team being able to pull it off. I'm a little miffed about the lazy MMR system they put out. I guess, the state that it is in, it could be used in a similar way. It is basic enough. It might take them a couple of years Of course map offerings would have to be considered, which would probably break the whole system.