One Week No Dead Hard Experiment

Just as an experiment to weed out the amount of players who undeniably rely on this perk so hard to rectify mistakes they make.

Spirit was nerfed to weed out all the bad Spirits who simply overly abused her kit for free wins (As Survivors say) So I personally believe it's only fair to have an experiment similar to the Bloodlust experiment where it is just completely removes Dead Hard for a week or so.

What bothers me about Dead Hard is a player can just mindlessly run around a tile while being able to see the Killer and just freely E into pallet drop whenever the Killer gets close and because majority of the pallets in this game are completely safe the Killer has no choice but to break it thus not only has Dead Hard extended a chase but also wastes more of the Killers time.

I'll use the quote Survivors say "It's very boring and unfun to go against" The fact that Dead Hard wasn't even working correctly (changed now) and was still the most used Survivor Exhaustion just shows you just how dominant the perk actually is.

Surely because of how the Devs Nerf/Buff Killers based on Over/Underperfoming surely Dead Hard fits in this category along with the rest of the Survivor 2nd chance meta.

I guarantee if this experiment became a thing you'd see Survivors getting punished for their mistakes more commonly.

Comments

  • Luckily for you my friend I already never use Dead Hard because of how cheap it feels.

  • @ManOMaker said:

    Luckily for you my friend I already never use Dead Hard because of how cheap it feels.

    Unfortunately you do not represent the entire playerbase.

  • Find a game breaking bug with it. Then you can have Sprint Burst every match instead.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Find a game breaking bug with it. Then you can have Sprint Burst every match instead.

    I prefer Sprint Burst as a survivor anyway - map traversal is the biggest time sink in the game, and most tiles are pretty survivor-sided anyway. That one extra loop matters more to someone who can't take a hook state, which I usually can.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    During the bloodlust disable weekend, people asked for a similar exhaustion perk disable test. BHVR refused, stating that they already have data on this, by simply looking at matches that where no one used exhaustion perks.

    I’d still like to see it disabled maybe during a weekend.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2592619#Comment_2592619

    I know. I think you'll just be waiting a while for it to happen.

    It probably won’t tho.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    During the bloodlust disable weekend, people asked for a similar exhaustion perk disable test. BHVR refused, stating that they already have data on this, by simply looking at matches that where no one used exhaustion perks.

    All this tells me is they used data from players who have 10 mins clocked with 0 exhaustion perks anyways. Pointless data.

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    Just as an experiment to weed out the amount of players who undeniably rely on this perk so hard to rectify mistakes they make.

    Spirit was nerfed to weed out all the bad Spirits who simply overly abused her kit for free wins (As Survivors say) So I personally believe it's only fair to have an experiment similar to the Bloodlust experiment where it is just completely removes Dead Hard for a week or so.

    What bothers me about Dead Hard is a player can just mindlessly run around a tile while being able to see the Killer and just freely E into pallet drop whenever the Killer gets close and because majority of the pallets in this game are completely safe the Killer has no choice but to break it thus not only has Dead Hard extended a chase but also wastes more of the Killers time.

    I'll use the quote Survivors say "It's very boring and unfun to go against" The fact that Dead Hard wasn't even working correctly (changed now) and was still the most used Survivor Exhaustion just shows you just how dominant the perk actually is.

    Surely because of how the Devs Nerf/Buff Killers based on Over/Underperfoming surely Dead Hard fits in this category along with the rest of the Survivor 2nd chance meta.

    I guarantee if this experiment became a thing you'd see Survivors getting punished for their mistakes more commonly.

    Actually, what I would like to see is Dead Hard compared to other exhaustion perks for the amount of time they extend a chase. I almost guarantee that Dead Hard actually lessens the amount of time a Killer is in a chase.

    It's a 1 second speed burst compared to the 3 second speed burst you get from other exhaustion perks.

    I think survivors are playing it because they see all the Killer created posts on the forums saying it's OP.

  • @Arbmos1998 said:

    Just as an experiment to weed out the amount of players who undeniably rely on this perk so hard to rectify mistakes they make.

    Spirit was nerfed to weed out all the bad Spirits who simply overly abused her kit for free wins (As Survivors say) So I personally believe it's only fair to have an experiment similar to the Bloodlust experiment where it is just completely removes Dead Hard for a week or so.

    What bothers me about Dead Hard is a player can just mindlessly run around a tile while being able to see the Killer and just freely E into pallet drop whenever the Killer gets close and because majority of the pallets in this game are completely safe the Killer has no choice but to break it thus not only has Dead Hard extended a chase but also wastes more of the Killers time.

    I'll use the quote Survivors say "It's very boring and unfun to go against" The fact that Dead Hard wasn't even working correctly (changed now) and was still the most used Survivor Exhaustion just shows you just how dominant the perk actually is.

    Surely because of how the Devs Nerf/Buff Killers based on Over/Underperfoming surely Dead Hard fits in this category along with the rest of the Survivor 2nd chance meta.

    I guarantee if this experiment became a thing you'd see Survivors getting punished for their mistakes more commonly.

    WOW good idea ! unfortunatly tho only killer have the right to get shitted on all day.

  • I don’t get the complaints on Dead Hard or why people use it as much as they do when it’s simply inconsistent and not as good as Sprint Burst.

    If Dead Hard gets disabled I guarantee you’re gonna have a harder time because everyone will either deny your chase completely or overly extend it by having the benefit of always being able to get to a safe area with Sprint Burst.