So how fast will circle of healing get nerfed do you reckon?

It's definitely too strong and needs a tone down.

The thing is, when do you reckon it'll get nerfed? I wanna know how long I have to play plague for before it becomes a non game breaking perk.

Issue is that it's most probably an old MoM situation where due to the survivor releasing on their own, there's not much reason to buy the chapter, so they make 1 perk incredibly strong to make people buy it.

I give it 2 weeks.

Comments

  • @JohnWeak said:

    Boon - Tinkerer : Grant 200% speed boost in repairing gens on the whole map. If snuffed, will teleport on another totem 3 times in a row. The 4th snuff will stun the killer during 130 seconds.

    Survivor mains on this forum : "Boon Tinkerer is balanced"

    Scary part is that the 2 people on the balance team would think this is fine.

  • It will never be nerfed. Survivors are destined to be stronger than killers, by a factor of 10.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594953#Comment_2594953

    Scary part is that the 2 people on the balance team would think this is fine.

    What do you mean this is fine! This is so unbalanced!

    \



    It needs to not be a boon, not be cleansable, and have a 300 percent increase


  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594173#Comment_2594173

    That works, but only if they're injured. And for killers like spirit that won't work at all.

    sprint has add-on called cherry blosom. it gives killer instinct when your near survivor. many other killer counter it. Legion counters it, plague counters it. Nemesis counters it. Oni's blood orbs can counter it When COH was disabled, I have never bothered kicking boon totems. If totem is in tilesets, you can often just zone survivor and kick totem. With basic mark tracking and basic intuition, the perk can be neutralized with killer skill. Shadowstep already nerfed from 28->24 meters which perk did not deserve any changes.

    Shadowstep is good killer perk, it gives killer free 14 second generator slowdown for survivor doing totems that the killer barely cares about. COH on other hand is really strong. Most killers do not have easy-accessible instant downs and unlimited med kit decimates the killer injure pressure while simultaneously creating secondary objective for killer as extra health states hurts the chase.

    Issue is that hex perks are suppose to be stronger than normal perks and if they change survivor hex perks, survivor won't use them, so I highly doubt it will get changed. maybe in 1-2 years. that is usually expected time it takes for anything on survivor side to change.

  • Untitled Image

    "Fine". It does render Spirits ability completely useless. I only won this match cause I proxy camped hard (and I am not ashamed about that matter of fact)

  • @FeelsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2594151#Comment_2594151

    https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/734423684789305485/904464458569629827/20211031211819_1.jpg

    "Fine". It does render Spirits ability completely useless. I only won this match cause I proxy camped hard (and I am not ashamed about that matter of fact)

    I actually changed my mind about shadowstep. It needs a nerf.

  • @DeadByLegion said:

    COH is strong and leads to very boring, drawn out games that feel unfair. I've had several games vs strong teams where I was protecting the last 3 gen, they had 4 COH totems spread out on a big map, and they would just sprint burst away to the corner and self-heal, then come back. I could never commit to a chase across the entire map because the other 3 would just jump on the last gen together. Long, boring games with infinite heals.

    Sounds great. Now survivor actually got something like the boring twins gameplay.

  • It'll probably get buffed with the way killers are camping and tunneling their way to a 4k every match.

  • @Kaitsja said:

    It'll probably get buffed with the way killers are camping and tunneling their way to a 4k every match.

    Ya, it's almost like when they added even more healing to the game that survivor bouncing and leaving them in an injured state punishes the killer even more because everyone heals up so fast now.

    Just like how the game made it so that one of the best ways survivors can win is to gen rush, one of the best ways killers can get ahead in the healing meta is to get a survivor out of the game asap now.

    But ya, let's keep buffing healing in the game cause I'm sure that will promote killers to leave survivors in an injured state and will fix camping and tunneling.

  • Maybe the devs will also bring to the game a killer perk that is god tier.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    It's definitely too strong and needs a tone down.

    The thing is, when do you reckon it'll get nerfed? I wanna know how long I have to play plague for before it becomes a non game breaking perk.

    Issue is that it's most probably an old MoM situation where due to the survivor releasing on their own, there's not much reason to buy the chapter, so they make 1 perk incredibly strong to make people buy it.

    I give it 2 weeks.

    so you prefer having the same stale meta perks for survivors instead of something new? ok

  • @dallasmedicbag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/289499/so-how-fast-will-circle-of-healing-get-nerfed-do-you-reckon

    so you prefer having the same stale meta perks for survivors instead of something new? ok

    In circle of healing's current state, yes, I would much rather deal with 4 dead hards, 4 decisives, and 4 unbreakables as a killer.

    In the right circumstances, killers straight up cannot do anything to counter coh. It's a catch 22 - you either kick the totem and lose the gen/lose the chase/etc. (and it gets relit when you leave) or you defend the gens and you wasted time injuring because they can heal themselves infinitely. It's an unhealthy perk and it will be until it gets nerfed, and I'm not even that confident that it will be nerfed, as much as it should be.

  • Killers cant place their hex totems once they are destroyed so neighter should survivors be able to place their boon totems again after they are snuffed

  • Boon totems are completely insane.

    For the first time, I actually don't want to play this game anymore.

    BHVR has tons of poorly balanced perks/killers/addons etc, and a few of the weaker perks/addons or effects like hemorrhage, are so weak that they are actually completely worthless, and that's why they've been bad. Poor balance, not necessarily poor design.

    But this? Boon totems are legitimately a horrible, horrible design decision. Whoever thought of them should be fired. It's absolutely not what the game needed, they're disgustingly brokenly overpowered. Both of them.

    Something must be done about them.

    The game was already survivor sided, good survivors/SWF's would already destroy most players, but now? You can't pressure anything anymore, you can't find anyone through BBQ anymore, you have no real choice but to proxy camp or tunnel if you actually want to win.

  • @PandaChris said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2606143#Comment_2606143

    Ya, it's almost like when they added even more healing to the game that survivor bouncing and leaving them in an injured state punishes the killer even more because everyone heals up so fast now.

    Just like how the game made it so that one of the best ways survivors can win is to gen rush, one of the best ways killers can get ahead in the healing meta is to get a survivor out of the game asap now.

    But ya, let's keep buffing healing in the game cause I'm sure that will promote killers to leave survivors in an injured state and will fix camping and tunneling.

    I'm merely pointing out that boons won't be seen as a problem if kill rates against survivors running them are significantly higher than escape rates with that perk.

1 2 ›