Forget this NFT controversy. I've discovered something far more sinister, and a solution to it all.

So, I just took a look at the official merc store and to my horror there are T Shirts for sale. 

Did you know that the energy required to produce just one cotton T Shirt is about 494 kWh! 

That's notably more than the average NFT transaction. 

There are 32 T shirts for sale... That's 15,808 kWh! 

If they sell just 200, and let's be honest they’ve probably sold far more, that would be 98,800 kWh! Comparable to the energy consumption of the average American home for 8 years!

This got me thinking. Considering we're all so concerned. Why don't we actually do something about it? Let's stop wasting precious energy posting about this on the forums, merely feeding into the footprint, and let's instead form a collective to fight back.

We will throw out our PCs, consoles and TVs. Get ridd of our games and phones. Cancel our contracts, our Netflix. But most importantly, we will throw all of our T Shirts in the bin. 

If we all do that, we can more than compensate for the footprint BHVR is creating with this NFT nonsense! 

Look at how many people are showing concern. Look at all the threads. All it takes is us. Genuinely we can do it. We just have to stand by our principles and give up on some conveniences. Let's go!

Please add yourself to the list below to join the collective!

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577639#Comment_2577639

    "I on the other hand don't need to cite any sources."

    "you think I'm “running my mouth” for bringing the numbers to light."

    How are you gonna give us "the numbers" if you don't have any sources?

    I will give one thing to you, you're entertaining.

    He is. I'm cutting right on that fine line of getting banned for his hilariousness too.

    The funny thing is, if he sat back and thought about what he was saying, he COULD have a hugely important point. But he's so lost in his own ######### he can't see above it. Lol

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577417#Comment_2577417

    That doesn't refute my argument.

    This NFT malarkey is hypocritical. When it comes down to it nobody actually cares enough to do anything other than add to the footprint with excessive forum posts.

    Sure, let it be known how unhappy you are with BHVR. I've nothing against that, however at this stage it’s devolved into meaningless circle-jerking.

    None of the people posting are going to give up any of their luxuries which harm the environment, so who are they to make demands?

    There are far bigger fish to fry than NFTs. Just look at the gaming industry! Yet, we don't see all these gamers up in arms about that. How curious.

    The merc store is responsible for a far greater carbon footprint than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.

    That's just a fact.

    When presented with this fact, nobody cares.

    They continue to sit at their gaming PCs, connected to their broadband, posting on the forums of the video game they choose to play, fists shaking at their 4k monitors, horrified and appalled at BHVR, and NFTs.

    We could get into blockchain as a whole, or the mobile phone industry, or the automobile industry, so on so forth, and it would simply highlight my point further.

    That's crazy, I wonder how making 426 forum posts would affect the environment.

    Want to talk about facts? You're just as hypocritical as you claim everyone else is. If you cared about the environment enough to criticize and personally insult people over it then you wouldn't own an electronic device capable of doing so in the first place. It's a contradiction that people like you completely fail to even recognize. Let's stop talking about other people; what have YOU done to help the environment? You seem to love talking about everyone else, but I don't see how what you're doing is much different. The only difference is that you're blaming the consumer while the consumers are blaming the company.

    You know what's crazy about posting "facts" on the internet? You have to share a source if you want anyone to take you seriously. Continuing to push the "fact" that the merch store has a greater carbon footprint than NFTs while refusing to share any legitimate source is quite telling.

    I hope you realize that people are upset about NFTs for many more reasons than simply their environmental impact. Even if the lies you regurgitated were true, that wouldn't dissuade anyone from hating BHVR for associating with NFTs. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

    I know what your real issue is; you're simply upset that people are talking about the NFT situation. It's obvious that you don't actually care about the environment seeing as you're still here, and if you were simply annoyed by the discussions then you wouldn't have started one yourself. I don't know what stakes you have in blockchains or Boss Protocol, but you definitely have stakes in something of the like if you're serious about your takes. If I'm wrong then your solution is simple; stop posting here. You're destroying the environment by simply looking at this. This is a good opportunity for you to practice what you preach.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577639#Comment_2577639

    "I on the other hand don't need to cite any sources."

    "you think I'm “running my mouth” for bringing the numbers to light."

    How are you gonna give us "the numbers" if you don't have any sources?

    I will give one thing to you, you're entertaining.

    I provided those numbers earlier. I could provide accurate numbers with sources to boot, but it's uncecsary to support or validate my argument so I see no reason to do so.

    If the reception weren't so hostile (not that I mind) perhaps I would humour the request, but alas 😁

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577649#Comment_2577649

    He is. I'm cutting right on that fine line of getting banned for his hilariousness too.

    The funny thing is, if he sat back and thought about what he was saying, he COULD have a hugely important point. But he's so lost in his own ######### he can't see above it. Lol

    I'm glad you're finding this entertaining.

    However, perhaps you need to take a look at how you respond to diverse viewpoints and how you conduct yourself when disagreements arise.

    Not lecturing or talking down to you, but you're in college and you've a potentially bright ahead of yourself, so try to seperate your mind from your emotions a little more.

    Your emotions are clouding your judgement here. As a consequence you’ve misunderstood my argument on more than one occasion, and now you're apparently getting in trouble with the mods for how you're responding. That's no good.

    My point though. I have thought about it, and it is solid. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's hugely important, but it's a good point nonetheless.

    I think I’m one of the only people in this thread who isn't lost 😂

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577677#Comment_2577677

    Nah.

    What happened was, you tried to make a point, but got overconfident and overplayed your hand. Then, when you encountered even the *slightest* bit of criticism, you choked. Now you're acting like the cat that got the cream, but the cat doesn't realize it's actually bull semen. And now all eyes are on you.

    "I provided those numbers earlier. I could provide accurate numbers with sources to boot."

    You want people to take your point seriously? Don't tell them the numbers you said were wrong.

    You’re off with the faeries mate!

    My point has been consistent the entire time and it has yet to be refuted.

    Also I never said my numbers were wrong. What are ya chattin about.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577652#Comment_2577652

    I'm glad you're finding this entertaining.

    However, perhaps you need to take a look at how you respond to diverse viewpoints and how you conduct yourself when disagreements arise.

    Not lecturing or talking down to you, but you're in college and you've a potentially bright ahead of yourself, so try to seperate your mind from your emotions a little more.

    Your emotions are clouding your judgement here. As a consequence you’ve misunderstood my argument on more than one occasion, and now you're apparently getting in trouble with the mods for how you're responding. That's no good.

    My point though. I have thought about it, and it is solid. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's hugely important, but it's a good point nonetheless.

    I think I’m one of the only people in this thread who isn't lost 😂

    I'm not even sure how to respond to this. It's irrelevant at best lol

    You must really love that bull semen.

    No, I react the way I do because I've dealt with people like you for 40+ years now. I HAD patience for stupidity when I was younger. I've lost almost all of it as I've gotten older. You all repeat the same ######### ad nauseam like you're saying or doing something profound that no one else has said before! Except no one gives a ######### about your irrelevant points.

    The only person that gives two shits about your points, or calling us hypocritical, is you. And you can't claim hypocrisy when your points can be easily disproven (like how your t-shirt crusade falls apart as soon as it's held up to any standard. And it crumbles completely when viewed against a carbon neutral company).

    And the funnier thing is, with some tweaking, you could have had a giant point! I mean giant! And you could have gotten people to ake you seriously! But you didn't think it through and ran with a terrible analogy that falls apart under scrutiny.

    If you can't actually defend your position with facts, then you don't have a position worth listening to.

  • @HypnoEmpire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577589#Comment_2577589

    That's crazy, I wonder how making 426 forum posts would affect the environment.

    Want to talk about facts? You're just as hypocritical as you claim everyone else is. If you cared about the environment enough to criticize and personally insult people over it then you wouldn't own an electronic device capable of doing so in the first place. It's a contradiction that people like you completely fail to even recognize. Let's stop talking about other people; what have YOU done to help the environment? You seem to love talking about everyone else, but I don't see how what you're doing is much different. The only difference is that you're blaming the consumer while the consumers are blaming the company.

    You know what's crazy about posting "facts" on the internet? You have to share a source if you want anyone to take you seriously. Continuing to push the "fact" that the merch store has a greater carbon footprint than NFTs while refusing to share any legitimate source is quite telling.

    I hope you realize that people are upset about NFTs for many more reasons than simply their environmental impact. Even if the lies you regurgitated were true, that wouldn't dissuade anyone from hating BHVR for associating with NFTs. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.

    I know what your real issue is; you're simply upset that people are talking about the NFT situation. It's obvious that you don't actually care about the environment seeing as you're still here, and if you were simply annoyed by the discussions then you wouldn't have started one yourself. I don't know what stakes you have in blockchains or Boss Protocol, but you definitely have stakes in something of the like if you're serious about your takes. If I'm wrong then your solution is simple; stop posting here. You're destroying the environment by simply looking at this. This is a good opportunity for you to practice what you preach.

    I'm not a hypocrite at all. I'm happy to use electricity.

    I don't believe I've personally insulted anyone and have had no reason to do so. In fact I've been on the receiving end of personal insults for simply stating a factual point (it bothers me not.)

    My argument doesn't require any source for validation or accuracy, thus I’ve had no reason to provide one.

    I've told no lies. Everything is factual.

    The primary concern over this controversy is the environmental impact and to suggest otherwise is to clutch at straws.

    I've no stakes in blockchain or anything related.

    I don't need to practice what I preach. I'm comfortable with using electricity.

    I’d usually respond with more words but it's late, I've got stuff to do, and you get the gist.

  • @Sabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/288566/forget-this-nft-controversy-ive-discovered-something-far-more-sinister-and-a-solution-to-it-all

    Or you can do what you should have learned in school is plant trees the ACTUALLY solution to global warming but you know overpopulation is more cars, farts, breathing, deforestation, etc etc.. this is the ACTUALL solution, but don't worry, Al Gore fights against global warming with movies that make lots of money for his private jet that literally causes more global warming, most political representatives have private planes because they sell access to other countries getting donations to their charities which eventually get funneled to themselves specifically. But no one cares about any of that crap. But hey NFT is so much more sinister and evil oh no. Let's not all walk or ride a bike to work. Electricity is a much less risk to the world if at all. But the world wants you to believe it.

    Electricity can make more electricity by various means but hey whatever. I ACTUALLY am growing my own tree so I don't drive, my footprint is far smaller and it's quite enjoyable ACTUALLY growing plants.

    Think on this. Maybe do something about the stuff I mentioned.

    This post is a breath of fresh air.

    Love it.

  • @Gladonos said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577143#Comment_2577143

    That is your logic not his. You are the one not being consistent. You don't need a T-shirt. You don't need half the stuff you have but you have it anyway and there is no way you will even consider giving it up which is why I really don't care about climate change. The supposed eco warriors are all ignorant and full of it and we will either find a technological solution or just have to suck it up and live with it because nobody no matter how much they lie actually cares enough to do anything other then pretend like they care so they can feel smug and superior.

    You literally need clothes. If my shirt has DBD art or some Abercrombie and Fitch nonsense who cares, I need to wear a shirt to walk into businesses.

    What?

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577661#Comment_2577661

    I'm not a hypocrite at all. I'm happy to use electricity.

    I don't believe I've personally insulted anyone and have had no reason to do so. In fact I've been on the receiving end of personal insults for simply stating a factual point (it bothers me not.)

    My argument doesn't require any source for validation or accuracy, thus I’ve had no reason to provide one.

    I've told no lies. Everything is factual.

    The primary concern over this controversy is the environmental impact and to suggest otherwise is to clutch at straws.

    I've no stakes in blockchain or anything related.

    I don't need to practice what I preach. I'm comfortable with using electricity.

    I’d usually respond with more words but it's late, I've got stuff to do, and you get the gist.

    Dang dude, you typed a lot and got absolutely zero information across. That's honestly impressive, I doubt I could manage that. You must be experienced.

    The fact that NFTs are a scam and people don't want their game to be associated with them seems quite significant to me. That's how I and many others feel about NFTs, I'm not invested in the environmental factors.

    You're comfortable with using electricity but you degrade others for using it. Incredible.

    You told no lies? Prove it. Simple request. Your "facts" will be taken with a grain of salt until you comply.

    @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577307#Comment_2577307

    If that’s your takeaway then I don't hold out much hope for your success in college, or your future job prospects...or the environment for that matter, if you've anything to say about it 😂

    Honestly though, why are you so angry? This has clearly pushed a few buttons.

    I couldn't care less about NFTs. I'm simply calling out hypocrisy and fake activism with basic points. The responses I'm getting prove the points I've already made.

    It's an absolute, irrefutable fact that the sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had, does have, and will continue to have a considerably greater impact on the environment than anything BHVR is doing with NFTs.

    Its not even close! Yet nobody cares! Who could have seem that one coming, right?

    You even admit yourself that you just don't care! Why could that be!?

    You think you're doing your part and those thoughts could come with good intentions, but the reality is you're supporting and benefiting from a plethora of luxuries which harm the environment everyday, and going to college won't make a dent in your footprint.

    You’re in no position to judge anyone.

    Telling people that they won't have a successful future simply because they disagree with you is so f*cked up on so many levels, but I don't expect someone like you to acknowledge it. It blows my mind that others here are worried about being removed from the platform when you're saying stuff like this to them. Disgusting.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577700#Comment_2577700

    I'm not even sure how to respond to this. It's irrelevant at best lol

    You must really love that bull semen.

    No, I react the way I do because I've dealt with people like you for 40+ years now. I HAD patience for stupidity when I was younger. I've lost almost all of it as I've gotten older. You all repeat the same ######### ad nauseam like you're saying or doing something profound that no one else has said before! Except no one gives a ######### about your irrelevant points.

    The only person that gives two shits about your points, or calling us hypocritical, is you. And you can't claim hypocrisy when your points can be easily disproven (like how your t-shirt crusade falls apart as soon as it's held up to any standard. And it crumbles completely when viewed against a carbon neutral company).

    And the funnier thing is, with some tweaking, you could have had a giant point! I mean giant! And you could have gotten people to ake you seriously! But you didn't think it through and ran with a terrible analogy that falls apart under scrutiny.

    If you can't actually defend your position with facts, then you don't have a position worth listening to.

    It's strange how you see yourself as a victim here.

    Take a look at the contrast between my posts and yours. Look at not only the content but also the wording.

    I've essentially been making the same two points the entire time. No insults. No anger.

    You’ve haven't provided a counterargument in response, but have provided much anger and several wasted insults.

    Yet I'm the bad guy and you’re a victim. Right? 😂

    My advice still stands. You need to work on how you react when disagreements arise. It comes across as condescending but it is genuine advice. That attitude doesn't serve you well!

    Nobody has been able to provide a counterargument.

    T Shirts for example. The sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had, does have and will almost certainly continue to have a significantly larger impact on the environment than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.

    Comparing blockchain etc to the clothing industry is irrelevant, as is bringing up “carbon neutral” clothing lines.

    I've defended my position with facts.

    There has been no scrutiny for anything to fall apart under.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577740#Comment_2577740

    It's strange how you see yourself as a victim here.

    Take a look at the contrast between my posts and yours. Look at not only the content but also the wording.

    I've essentially been making the same two points the entire time. No insults. No anger.

    You’ve haven't provided a counterargument in response, but have provided much anger and several wasted insults.

    Yet I'm the bad guy and you’re a victim. Right? 😂

    My advice still stands. You need to work on how you react when disagreements arise. It comes across as condescending but it is genuine advice. That attitude doesn't serve you well!

    Nobody has been able to provide a counterargument.

    T Shirts for example. The sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had, does have and will almost certainly continue to have a significantly larger impact on the environment than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.

    Comparing blockchain etc to the clothing industry is irrelevant, as is bringing up “carbon neutral” clothing lines.

    I've defended my position with facts.

    There has been no scrutiny for anything to fall apart under.

    The victim? #########?

    So if those t-shirts have had more of an impact... prove it. With citations. Let's see 'em.

    "The t-shirts are bad! They are worse than NFTs!" "OK prove it." "NO! I SAID THEY'RE BAD SO THEY'RE BAD!" -That's you. That's how you sound. You tried to make an argument, we shredded through it. You have no point because anything you've brought up, we've had counter-arguments to, and ours included citations.

    You have no point. You have no leg to stand on. You haven't had one yet. And no one here is convinced. You just sound stupid.

  • @HypnoEmpire said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577768#Comment_2577768

    Dang dude, you typed a lot and got absolutely zero information across. That's honestly impressive, I doubt I could manage that. You must be experienced.

    The fact that NFTs are a scam and people don't want their game to be associated with them seems quite significant to me. That's how I and many others feel about NFTs, I'm not invested in the environmental factors.

    You're comfortable with using electricity but you degrade others for using it. Incredible.

    You told no lies? Prove it. Simple request. Your "facts" will be taken with a grain of salt until you comply.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577413#Comment_2577413

    Telling people that they won't have a successful future simply because they disagree with you is so f*cked up on so many levels, but I don't expect someone like you to acknowledge it. It blows my mind that others here are worried about being removed from the platform when you're saying stuff like this to them. Disgusting.

    It's interesting how different perspectives work. That's not at all what happened and I think you know it too.

    In fact I've been perfectly polite in the face of most replies being automatically hostile.

    The guy you're referring to had been making personal insults to me for a number of posts, which you interestingly don't take issue with.

    (It's ok I didn't take issue either.)

    After a while of ignoring them I made a light-hearted joke in response, emoji included, all in context of our discussion, but now you think it is a problem.

    Funny how that works isn't it!

  • @foxsansbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577178#Comment_2577178

    You literally need clothes. If my shirt has DBD art or some Abercrombie and Fitch nonsense who cares, I need to wear a shirt to walk into businesses.

    What?

    If you're a woman, depending on where you live, you can get arrested for indecent exposure/public indecency and possibly end out on sex offender list if you go out without anything covering your boobs.

  • @cannonballB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577817#Comment_2577817

    The victim? #########?

    So if those t-shirts have had more of an impact... prove it. With citations. Let's see 'em.

    "The t-shirts are bad! They are worse than NFTs!" "OK prove it." "NO! I SAID THEY'RE BAD SO THEY'RE BAD!" -That's you. That's how you sound. You tried to make an argument, we shredded through it. You have no point because anything you've brought up, we've had counter-arguments to, and ours included citations.

    You have no point. You have no leg to stand on. You haven't had one yet. And no one here is convinced. You just sound stupid.

    Get ahold of yourself.

    I don't need to prove anything to support my points. We've been over this already.

    “The sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had a significantly larger impact on the environment than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.”

    This is a factual statement which requires no proof. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

    You've “shredded” through nothing mate. No counter arguments. No relevant citations.

    Honestly you’re just making yourself angry and repeating the same nonsense about somehow proving me wrong.

    Think this is where we can agree to disagree yeah?

    Take a break. Have a Kit Kat (if the emissions are acceptable 😁)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577844#Comment_2577844

    Shhh, shhh, they'll be around with the mashed banana shortly.

    Why yes, Grandpa, I DO think they changed the girl on Coronation Street!

    Jimmy?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "Comparing blockchain etc to the clothing industry is irrelevant"

    *spends 3 pages on a thread comparing blockchain to the clothing industry*

    "A single t-shirt uses (later admits number isn't accurate) kwhs to make, far more than NFTs. But just take my word for it, because I'll avoid any question to qualify my numbers!"

    You're like Sacha Baron Cohen in internet form.

    I never compared blockchain to the clothing industry.

    I never said the number isn't accurate.

    I've never avoided any requests to qualify my numbers.

    Ok Jimmy?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577876#Comment_2577876

    I know I don't pop 'round to see you much anymore, with your mind going and everything. I guess I just hope to see a little of my grandpa left in you. It's hard seeing you like this. I wish you were like you used to be.

    But you're not you anymore. You're still my grandpa, and I'll always love you.

    I'll try to make it more often.

    Take care.

    Also, I hope you remember this, but Stop slapping the nurses aides on the Ass! Grandma can see you from her bed right there!

    Are you the milkmaid?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577891#Comment_2577891

    For the right price, I can be whatever you want me to be, sugar ;)

    Even... M.. Miss Piggy?

    Hmmm. I'll offer you...































    The price of a cotton T Shirt!

    That is...if you think you can handle all the “emissions” 😜💦

  • This is now an X rated thread.


































    Which means you shouldn't be here 😎

  • OP, you have such a promising future as a politician. Being able to dodge questions and lie on the spot like that without sources, as well as have a moral compass so compromised you're willing to allow companies to get away with awful things just to protect your pride.

    To my learned friend,

    Here's to your future career in the circus government.

  • No, I ain't getting rid of my PC, clothes and Netflix 'n' Chill. That's all I've got

  • Right because shirts are as useless are NFTs.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    No, I ain't getting rid of my PC, clothes and Netflix 'n' Chill. That's all I've got

    And think about it, if you stopped supporting NFT's you'd be supporting more energy to be available to be able to use those things even more!

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2577826#Comment_2577826

    Get ahold of yourself.

    I don't need to prove anything to support my points. We've been over this already.

    “The sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had a significantly larger impact on the environment than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.”

    This is a factual statement which requires no proof. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

    You've “shredded” through nothing mate. No counter arguments. No relevant citations.

    Honestly you’re just making yourself angry and repeating the same nonsense about somehow proving me wrong.

    Think this is where we can agree to disagree yeah?

    Take a break. Have a Kit Kat (if the emissions are acceptable 😁)

    "“The sale of T Shirts on the merc store has had a significantly larger impact on the environment than any of BHVRs involvement with NFTs.”

    This is a factual statement which requires no proof. The proof is in the pudding as they say."


    This is not a factual statement. It's a bold faced lie. If the proof is in the pudding, where's that pudding at? And you continue to lie, both to us and to yourself.

    If this were true you'd be able to cite sources proving the truth of it. But you can't because it isn't true.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    So, I just took a look at the official merc store and to my horror there are T Shirts for sale. 

    Did you know that the energy required to produce just one cotton T Shirt is about 494 kWh! 

    That's notably more than the average NFT transaction. 

    There are 32 T shirts for sale... That's 15,808 kWh! 

    If they sell just 200, and let's be honest they’ve probably sold far more, that would be 98,800 kWh! Comparable to the energy consumption of the average American home for 8 years!

    This got me thinking. Considering we're all so concerned. Why don't we actually do something about it? Let's stop wasting precious energy posting about this on the forums, merely feeding into the footprint, and let's instead form a collective to fight back.

    We will throw out our PCs, consoles and TVs. Get ridd of our games and phones. Cancel our contracts, our Netflix. But most importantly, we will throw all of our T Shirts in the bin. 

    If we all do that, we can more than compensate for the footprint BHVR is creating with this NFT nonsense! 

    Look at how many people are showing concern. Look at all the threads. All it takes is us. Genuinely we can do it. We just have to stand by our principles and give up on some conveniences. Let's go!

    Please add yourself to the list below to join the collective!

    Does the government knows about this? That selling shirts thing should be a federal crime. XD

  • @El_Gingero said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2576983#Comment_2576983

    12 kWh is way off.

    But even using your incorrect number, that's 12 x 32 = 384 kWh! By your own admission 335.86 kWh more than the average NFT transaction.

    A mere 200 T Shirts? 2,400 kWh!

    We need to focus our efforts on the T Shirts.

    Do you add your name to the list?

    You have yet to add your own name to the list. Looks like your own initiative is a bust when you can't even practice what you preach.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    So, I just took a look at the official merc store and to my horror there are T Shirts for sale. 

    Did you know that the energy required to produce just one cotton T Shirt is about 494 kWh! 

    That's notably more than the average NFT transaction. 

    There are 32 T shirts for sale... That's 15,808 kWh! 

    If they sell just 200, and let's be honest they’ve probably sold far more, that would be 98,800 kWh! Comparable to the energy consumption of the average American home for 8 years!

    This got me thinking. Considering we're all so concerned. Why don't we actually do something about it? Let's stop wasting precious energy posting about this on the forums, merely feeding into the footprint, and let's instead form a collective to fight back.

    We will throw out our PCs, consoles and TVs. Get ridd of our games and phones. Cancel our contracts, our Netflix. But most importantly, we will throw all of our T Shirts in the bin. 

    If we all do that, we can more than compensate for the footprint BHVR is creating with this NFT nonsense! 

    Look at how many people are showing concern. Look at all the threads. All it takes is us. Genuinely we can do it. We just have to stand by our principles and give up on some conveniences. Let's go!

    Please add yourself to the list below to join the collective!

    You can use the ti-shirt for many years.

    Kwh used for NFTs is calculated around one transaction which is instant. Add to the servers'cost etc... it's way higher than a shirt that exists physically and will be useful in the everyday life.

    While you are at it, compare it to a car or even a truck... So absurd to do this.

1 2 ›