How do killers must play with HEX now?

I think killer's hex will be live in match 1 min :D



ur thought?

Comments

  • haunted ground undying meta incoming

  • haunted ground is kind of bad though, so..



    buff it

    @Nayru said:

    not by a lot but hear me out

    this hex is bad

    it's bad because when it's triggered everyone either goes turbo-immersed or holds w away from your last known location and pre-drops harder than the hardest jawbreaker, and you only have up to 60 seconds to work with

    assuming you weren't preoccupied anyway and lose a lot of that time to [things]

    devour hope isn't bad (if it's not sniped instantly anyway COUGH @ no mither kate doing it right next to me silently)

    devour hope is like haunted ground with some effort that's permanent and also leads into mass moris

    but you know what makes devour hope actually good

    you don't get any warning about it until someone becomes a victim of it

    or someone does the unhook just as you lunge for an injured person

    it happens

    my larger point is given it just sponges up totem slots while only being a singular chance to trip it (if it literally spawned two haunted ground totems and it became a mad dash to find another hex perk and punt it to try to overlap the durations while threatened by instadown then fair enough, sounds actually fun) it's not really got that much going for it and is heavily overshadowed by more reliable instadown perks like make your choice and devour, its totem slot eating gimmick won't carry it either come boonpocalypse because it's just very 'safe' design for a perk

    'safe' is boring, and they've been buffing 'safe' killer perks, so here's hoping haunted gets that too in stealth/true 2-totem form


  • I used thrill earlier with haunted and kept mine pretty long. Thrill adds more time to blessing.

  • Hexes barely lasted a few minutes before, boon totems aren't really going to change that.

  • 1 minute?

    So it got better?

  • Boon-Totems did not change anything for Hext-Totems.

  • @Aven_Fallen of course not change, boon brakes HEX

  • @UkilledLegion said:

    @Aven_Fallen of course not change, boon brakes HEX

    Yeah, and if Boon-Totems would not exist, they would just cleanse the Hex. Its not like Hexes are weaker now, just because Survivors might turn them into Boon-Totems.

  • My favorite hex has been Haunted Grounds for a while, this just makes that hex even better. ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @Aven_Fallen killer not have time that protect hexes on all map, and survivor can use map or detective perk that see totems...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Boon-Totems did not change anything for Hext-Totems.

    I'm certainly seeing more maps and builds with perks for tracking totems, so indirectly yeah, it hurts hexes.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572688#Comment_2572688

    I'm certainly seeing more maps and builds with perks for tracking totems, so indirectly yeah, it hurts hexes.

    Wait a week and almost nobody runs Boon-Perks. Especially because there were Achievements for Boon-Perks.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572793#Comment_2572793

    Wait a week and almost nobody runs Boon-Perks. Especially because there were Achievements for Boon-Perks.

    I don't see anyone using selfcare over circle of healing. Why would you? And self-care was one of the most popular perks. I doubt they will go away.

  • I actually had quite the successful Hex killer game recently, with Legion no less. Well, before my game crashed and is forcing me to re-validate my files to play again.

    Thrill of the Hunt, Blood Favour, The Third Seal, and Thanatophobia was surprisingly fun.

    Each totem takes 14 seconds (14/1) to cleanse/bless by default.

    Thrill of the Hunt (full stacks) makes each totem take 28 seconds (14/0.5) to cleanse/bless by default.

    Thrill + Thana (full stacks) makes each totem take 46.7 seconds (14/0.3) to cleanse/bless by default.

    It's such a good time waste they're forced to do, because otherwise I slug them all with blindness and they die slowly.

    Despite playing Legion in fairly high MMR, I still had 4 gens up and about 9 hooks before I crashed. Granted, I was against a Mikaela team trying to spam boon totems.

    ---

    Which reminds me, it gets funnier if they try to boon a hex totem instead of cleanse it.

    Booning a hex takes 24 seconds (24/1) by default, increased to 48 seconds (24/0.5) for max thrill, which is increased further to 80 seconds (24/0.3) if you have both max thrill and thana active.

    Probably explains their struggle as a Mikaela boon squad.

  • @vacaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572801#Comment_2572801

    I don't see anyone using selfcare over circle of healing. Why would you? And self-care was one of the most popular perks. I doubt they will go away.

    To get rid of NOED reliably AND heal myself for more bloodpoints?

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2572914#Comment_2572914

    To get rid of NOED reliably AND heal myself for more bloodpoints?

    You can heal yourself with this perk for more bp with this perk... and I'd argue that boon totems are even better against NOED because you keep track of dull totems more and disregard the lit ones when searching for it.

  • Plaything + Ruin is kinda fun to run when it works and you had a good early game.

    I would expect a lot of survivors running boon now, after the patch, but then it is gonna be as rare as Leader, which is a good perk for genrushing, getting unhooked faster and getting healed faster, but not many run it and prefer some meta instead.