Solo Q SBMM

I never had an issue with solo q. It’s all I ever played as survivor really. It’s been terrible since MMR started. The teammates are bad. I started running bond, kindred, and open handed to see what my teammates were doing. Match after match I watched self care constantly being used behind trees and in corners. People hiding in the corner while a survivor is hooked, not helping in any manner. Had a game where I was hooked in one corner, watched a teammate get hooked in the opposite corner while the last remaining survivor worked on the second to last gen. It was the first hook for myself the the other respective hooked survivor. Game after game of this.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a great survivor but I can be found doing a gen or unhooking a survivor safely. I will take the occasional protection protection hit to try and keep a death-hook survivor from going down as well.


ive known I’m not the best survivor, but something is off.

Comments

  • Where are people supposed to self care if not behind cover? Like, out in the open? Rofl.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Where are people supposed to self care if not behind cover? Like, out in the open? Rofl.

    Yes, they're actually somewhat useful for the rest of the team that way.

  • Few comments ago u stated survivor is easy and u have no problems with it. What changed during those hours?

  • @R2k said:

    Few comments ago u stated survivor is easy and u have no problems with it. What changed during those hours?

    They played solo q.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Where are people supposed to self care if not behind cover? Like, out in the open? Rofl.

    Not using self care is a good start.

  • Self-care when there is Sloppy Butcher... My favorite.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    I never had an issue with solo q. It’s all I ever played as survivor really. It’s been terrible since MMR started. The teammates are bad. I started running bond, kindred, and open handed to see what my teammates were doing. Match after match I watched self care constantly being used behind trees and in corners. People hiding in the corner while a survivor is hooked, not helping in any manner. Had a game where I was hooked in one corner, watched a teammate get hooked in the opposite corner while the last remaining survivor worked on the second to last gen. It was the first hook for myself the the other respective hooked survivor. Game after game of this.

    Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a great survivor but I can be found doing a gen or unhooking a survivor safely. I will take the occasional protection protection hit to try and keep a death-hook survivor from going down as well.

    ive known I’m not the best survivor, but something is off.

    lol at times i can feel you indeed.

    My recent SoloQ match 😂

    https://youtu.be/1qVfijt239E


  • Self-care+Spine chill+Urban Evasion

    The most used combo I've seen. Just what you get for trying to make this game a horror game and people bought into it.

  • @Kevinnnny said:

    Self-care+Spine chill+Urban Evasion

    The most used combo I've seen. Just what you get for trying to make this game a horror game and people bought into it.

    😬

    Exactly the perks i don't run as a solo😬😂

    But i do indeed see those perks quite often, some times even in that combination.

    The worst part i hate with that is when you unhook someone and the self care instead of letting me heal them 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

  • Anyone who has played soloQ knows that most of the times it's pointless to count on teammates healing you, so self-care is a necessity.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564277#Comment_2564277

    Anyone who has played soloQ knows that most of the times it's pointless to count on teammates healing you, so self-care is a necessity.

    Well i play solo from the start and look at the vid i posted and see if you can find self care in my build 😉😅

  • Self-Care + Botany is a fine/valid combo.

    I've seen people throw in Resilience and an Exhaustion perk for greedy/solo play.

  • My experience has been the opposite. I’ve been getting more competent players, though not “exceptional”, which is fine since I’m not very good. I’m surviving about 50% of my matches these days.

  • @Raccoon said:

    Self-Care + Botany is a fine/valid combo.

    I've seen people throw in Resilience and an Exhaustion perk for greedy/solo play.

    With that combo i can agree.

    Unfortunately this combo is extremely rare to come across.

    Usually it's just solo self care 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • I'm right there with you, friend. Solo q has been rough since this was implemented (and before as well, but not nearly as bad), but nobody wants to talk about that because "survivor ez pz"

  • I just watched a vid of four well known streamers play swf for 6 matches and they all died except in one game where the killer gave the last survivor the hatch. So even with SWF and if you are pro level survivor is much much harder than killer. As I have said before, DEVS want shorter games to free up bandwidth, easiest way is to make the game killer sided. The game is so killer sided. MMR seems to be a grab bag, I know I am facing red rank killers constantly and I am definitely not red rank

    . Devs have hidden the ranks so we have no evidence of how faulty the new matchmaking is. There are easy solutions to fix MMR but they are not implemented.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564479#Comment_2564479

    😬

    Exactly the perks i don't run as a solo😬😂

    But i do indeed see those perks quite often, some times even in that combination.

    The worst part i hate with that is when you unhook someone and the self care instead of letting me heal them 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

    They're prob tired of being healed by other survivors who cannot pass their skill checks. Rather than risk letting someone else fail the skill check and bring the killer over, they'd prefer to play the skillcheck mini game themselves to heal.

  • @Nos37 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2564481#Comment_2564481

    They're prob tired of being healed by other survivors who cannot pass their skill checks. Rather than risk letting someone else fail the skill check and bring the killer over, they'd prefer to play the skillcheck mini game themselves to heal.

    Hahahaha i guess so.

    If they do that to me, running off and go self care while I'm next to them, then i don't bother anymore to heal them another time.

    Same with the vid i posted, I unhook the Nea and she decides to sabo the hook first.

    Sure go ahead and do that, but I'm gone then.

    I would've healed her if she'd followed me, but she didn't 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • It's a huge issue with the way they're grading survivors. Survivors often escape because someone else played really well, took aggro/chases and died in the process. So the player who played the best and carried the team is the one not gaining MMR under this new system, and the players who immersed and did nothing skillful are the ones gaining MMR.