Iri Head's nerf should've been the range requirement
I main her and I like the add on but I gotta say the add on def should've been changed to only work from x meters away. The issue I believe people had with it was that she can just get on you and use it and that she could have up to 3. I didn't like her only having 1 but I was expecting the range requirement to it and I still think it should've been changed to that instead of just limiting it to 1
Comments
What? No. The nerf was perfect.
Yeah, giving a killer a borderline useless addon is the "perfect" way to nerf it.
You don't think so? I don't see a reason anyone could ever be mad about getting one shot from a hatchet from a distance versus a huntress that just walks right up on you and uses it. That doesn't promote any skill and its a stupid cheap tactic that kind of goes against what she is. That being she's a ranged killer.
Yeah sure, both of her iri add-ons are her worst add-ons, but sure, the nerf is perfect.
But yeah, I would have preferred a range condition side effect, more than a hard limit hatchet. Like... 16m ? 20 ? I don't know
It's a useless addon at 1. The amount of time required to reload each and every hatchet is a detriment to the huntress' time management. It's faster to use regular hatchets and an axe strike, skip the locker altogether and get back onto map pressure.
24 sounds better, it's the same with the achievement.
Perhaps this is just me, but I honestly think the only thing more boring in design than a simple instadown is a simple instadown that doesn't work some of the time.
I don't have a problem with the current Iri Head and I definitely don't think the devs did anything wrong with it - it had one specific problem and they fixed that one specific problem - but I do agree that it's a kinda lacklustre design. Making it only work at a certain range is just frustrating, though - unless it's a low range that's intended to only prevent melee hatchets. That I'd be on board with.
Agreed. I was sure devs will make range limit instead of capacity limit. That would be difficult and interesting at the same time.
With 5 hatchets you can take 5 health states. With this addon only 2 but slightly faster. And you need to waste way more time to reload.
Weird change. They make iridecent addon worse than base kit (her base kit is not bad though). Now only reason to take this addon is challenge yourself.
No It's not fun. Spamming instadown hatchets to the location of gen doesn't take any skill and feels cheap. Heavily rng and luck involved activity frustrating for survivors