How do you play dbd in 2021?πŸ˜‡

Do you use meme builds and chill?

Do you sweat to reach the highest grade?

Do you only play one side?

I personally play each killer until I start getting stomped(no point in wasting time not getting hooks).

Afterwards I spend the rest of the season playing stress free survivor using meme builds.

How about all of you?πŸ˜‡

Comments

  • I play chill. I mostly play killer when I feel like playing, or with my friends. I don't sweat at all, If I get 0 sacrifices it is what it is, if I get a couple of sacrifices then it's the same thing. I only play SWF, have not touched solo in weeks. I play with whatever type of builds which is non meta combos.

  • I play killer mainly, recently I've played a lot of Billy and Pinhead although I want to start maining Doc and trying out Hag as MMR is in effect.

    When playing killer I usually give it my all, although I do give survivors a free escape if they play well or if they were nice.

    From time to time I also play survivor, and usually I play as Jake with Open Handed, Bond, Borrowed Time and WGLF.

    When playing survivor I meme around a bit, especially if the killer is doing the same. Usually this involves pointing at them when they clearly already see me, and shaking myself left and right while I'm in the dying state (which fills me with glee if they shake their head back).

  • Playing DbD in 2021? I advise against it. It's nothing but bad ilogical stuff in a moldy spaghetty monster of coding.

  • I play 60 killer/40 survivor. I personally enjoy killer more, I play survivor only because I really enjoy the chase themes.

  • 1. I start the game

    2. I look at the killer roster

    3. I think about what killer would be fun today

    4. I eliminate each killer one by one (too weak...too slow...too addon dependent...too RNG dependent...will probably lose 'cause M1 killer...)

    5. I think about quitting the game again

    6. I remember that I don't feel like playing anything else right now

    7. I choose the killer I assume might be the least painful experience that day

    8. I queue the next match with a tear rolling down my cheek

    9. I dominate my match with ease

    10. I think to myself man today 'aint a bad day to play dbd huh?

    11. I get stomped in the next match with seemingly zero chance of winning

    (repeat steps 3 to 11 for about 3 hours)

    12. I close the game while pretending to myself that I had fun playing

    13. I glance over some of the new hate comments from unhappy survivors on my profile calling me all sorts of hurtful things

    14. I go on the dead by daylight forums to check out what's being talked about today.



    despair

  • I'm just having a lot of fun with Nemesis and just using Tentacle attacks. I'm just giving 8 freaking free hits every match which I shouldn't be doing but it's an addiction.

  • I play both survivor and killer. Survivor when I'm looking for more relaxed gameplay, and killer when I feel like playing something more intense. I plan on getting to Iridescent I grade on both survivor and killer (right now I'm on 3 for the both of them). Even if there's tough games on my killer side, I always look forward to learning new kinds of mindgames and using harder matches as a learning experience :) I haven't played with my SWF for a while β€” so I'm hoping to get something set up soon with them.

  • Gen hostage doctor

    not a chill build not a sweat build but not a meme build

    more like a toxic build i would say you do what i like to call "inducing freddy syndrome"

    making the games take from 10 minutes to about a few hours

    games go until i get bored of kicking gens endlessly or the survivors dc

    just run around with overcharge unnerving pressence distressing and whisperers and kick gens and they can't finish them because they always lose progress

    they can't tap the gens either because of overcharge

    keep shocking them and make sure to bring addons iridescent queen and very rare calm

    iri queen prevents coop repairing and calm makes you have a bigger terror radious

    shock them into tier 3 as much as possible to prevent them from doing gens and use whisperers to know when to use static blast

    that's how i play killer

    for survivor i play claudette with sabotaging builds and other meme builds

    i also run perks ment to help my team

    i tend to use my favorite perk no mither to make the game harder

    I use the darkest of the dark cosmetic's

    my claudette.PNG

    bloody skinny jeans, wild violet jacket, high pitched dreads. plus if you bring quick and quiet, distortion, iron will, and urban evasion on the swamp with murky regenent makes it impossible to be found. if only the moon offerings existed then i would be even harder to spot. but yeah stealth builds are also fun

    that's how i play dbd

  • I alternate between Huntress, Nurse and a random killer. Usually something like Huntress, Nurse, Blight, Huntress, Nurse, Oni, Huntress, Nurse, Pyramid, etc. I used to play solo queue but it sucks nowadays.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    I play chill. I mostly play killer when I feel like playing, or with my friends. I don't sweat at all, If I get 0 sacrifices it is what it is, if I get a couple of sacrifices then it's the same thing. I only play SWF, have not touched solo in weeks. I play with whatever type of builds which is non meta combos.

    Is there a reason you wont play solo?πŸ˜‡

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    I play killer mainly, recently I've played a lot of Billy and Pinhead although I want to start maining Doc and trying out Hag as MMR is in effect.

    When playing killer I usually give it my all, although I do give survivors a free escape if they play well or if they were nice.

    From time to time I also play survivor, and usually I play as Jake with Open Handed, Bond, Borrowed Time and WGLF.

    When playing survivor I meme around a bit, especially if the killer is doing the same. Usually this involves pointing at them when they clearly already see me, and shaking myself left and right while I'm in the dying state (which fills me with glee if they shake their head back).

    I like it when a killer spins if I am crawling like a snake🀣.

    Doc is fun and easier to meme with than hag.

  • @Krimbar said:

    1. I start the game

    2. I look at the killer roster

    3. I think about what killer would be fun today

    4. I eliminate each killer one by one (too weak...too slow...too addon dependent...too RNG dependent...will probably lose 'cause M1 killer...)

    5. I think about quitting the game again

    6. I remember that I don't feel like playing anything else right now

    7. I choose the killer I assume might be the least painful experience that day

    8. I queue the next match with a tear rolling down my cheek

    9. I dominate my match with ease

    10. I think to myself man today 'aint a bad day to play dbd huh?

    11. I get stomped in the next match with seemingly zero chance of winning

    (repeat steps 3 to 11 for about 3 hours)

    12. I close the game while pretending to myself that I had fun playing

    13. I glance over some of the new hate comments from unhappy survivors on my profile calling me all sorts of hurtful things

    14. I go on the dead by daylight forums to check out what's being talked about today.

    despair

    Welcome to the (non)existent fog experience πŸ™ƒ do you ever play survivor?

  • @Myla said:

    I'm just having a lot of fun with Nemesis and just using Tentacle attacks. I'm just giving 8 freaking free hits every match which I shouldn't be doing but it's an addiction.

    It's the snap sound πŸ˜… I feel the same way when I hear a bear trap snap...so satisfying

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    I play both survivor and killer. Survivor when I'm looking for more relaxed gameplay, and killer when I feel like playing something more intense. I plan on getting to Iridescent I grade on both survivor and killer (right now I'm on 3 for the both of them). Even if there's tough games on my killer side, I always look forward to learning new kinds of mindgames and using harder matches as a learning experience :) I haven't played with my SWF for a while β€” so I'm hoping to get something set up soon with them.

    Good job and good luck hitting iridescent 1πŸ˜‡

  • I play 50/50 and have a different way of playing it:

    I use a randomizer so that all my perks, add-ons and offerings are completely arbitrary for each trial. If an add-on or offering appears which I have not got, then that space is left blank.

    Each trial, I aim to get 1+ pip. However, at the end of each trial I check to make sure I black pipped, then if I have I go up 1 level of the Bloodweb, and any perk(s) I earn in that Bloodweb has to be used for the next trial.

    It makes it a lot harder, but it is so satisfying when I get a result like this (for the record, I never got to use NOED - all died with 1 gen remaining):

    3a546c04-ea0a-48cf-81e9-317c87ccf0f1.png


  • I just chill and play killer/survivor on rotation (I have all of them) and just play with whatever perks they get in the bloodweb. I'm not really concerned with meta gameplay.

    The only time I really sweat is if I'm trying to do something specific for a rift challenge, other than that I'm just trying to either play M1 Generator simulator or M1 backscratcher.

  • @latinfla4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544562#Comment_2544562

    Welcome to the (non)existent fog experience πŸ™ƒ do you ever play survivor?

    yeah survivor is fun, but you don't get enough bloodpoints for the never ending grind.

  • I used to play super competitively back in 2018-2019. But after taking an almost year long break from the game, I mellowed out a lot on it and I just don't care about what happens anymore. I just wanna have fun.

    I don't care if I don't get kills as Killer or if I get killed as Survivor. As long as I don't feel sandbagged or played with toxic players, It's all good.

  • That’s the thing. You don’t :)

  • I hang them on a hook and stare at them until their teammates take pity on them.

  • Uninstall and play something better

  • @slendermansmoom said:

    Gen hostage doctor

    not a chill build not a sweat build but not a meme build

    more like a toxic build i would say you do what i like to call "inducing freddy syndrome"

    making the games take from 10 minutes to about a few hours

    games go until i get bored of kicking gens endlessly or the survivors dc

    just run around with overcharge unnerving pressence distressing and whisperers and kick gens and they can't finish them because they always lose progress

    they can't tap the gens either because of overcharge

    keep shocking them and make sure to bring addons iridescent queen and very rare calm

    iri queen prevents coop repairing and calm makes you have a bigger terror radious

    shock them into tier 3 as much as possible to prevent them from doing gens and use whisperers to know when to use static blast

    that's how i play killer

    for survivor i play claudette with sabotaging builds and other meme builds

    i also run perks ment to help my team

    i tend to use my favorite perk no mither to make the game harder

    I use the darkest of the dark cosmetic's

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NPRE0YW8YIES/my-claudette-png.png

    bloody skinny jeans, wild violet jacket, high pitched dreads. plus if you bring quick and quiet, distortion, iron will, and urban evasion on the swamp with murky regenent makes it impossible to be found. if only the moon offerings existed then i would be even harder to spot. but yeah stealth builds are also fun

    that's how i play dbd

    That doc build is so cruel πŸ˜‚

  • infrequently and stressed


    also basement bubba

  • Turn on the game

    Collect your login reward

    Play something else

  • I play chill I'd say tbh.

    I used to constantly rely on meta last year, refused to play without ds, unbreakable, dead hard. Came to the realisation that if someone is gonna tunnel you, they're gonna tunnel, ds just wastes their time. Dead hard doesn't work most of the time, when it does my xbox just freezes (old gen console player here), and killers just wait it out after your first use anyway (most of the time).

    Currently my favourite build is detective's hunch, counterforce, spine chill and bond (sometimes swapped out for iron will or sprint burst, the only time I'll use meta).

    D hunch to find totems, counterforce to cleanse them super fast, spine chill to know when the killer is coming (helps me play more casual since I don't need to worry if the killer is undectable since spine chill will tell me if they're coming), and bond because it helps me to find other survivors to heal me or heal them, work on gens, take hits if necessary etc.

    There are so many useful perks that are underrated, but people are too stubborn and feel like they have to stick to their meta. Dead hard and ds won't help you insta-cleanse the killer's ruin or prevent noed 😎

  • @Kurri said:

    Uninstall and play something better

    Any suggestions?