Why is everyone giving up?

Is there something I'm missing as to why so many people are giving up on the first down/hook?

None of these games are even going bad, people just give up for no reason so its impossible to win

Comments

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Is there something I'm missing as to why so many people are giving up on the first down/hook?

    None of these games are even going bad, people just give up for no reason so its impossible to win

    DC punishment did his job, so when tilted players go mad they suicide on hook.

  • Because they are already high enough rank and dont have anything to play for? Its easy to suicide on hook if match dont go their way from the start.

    Cant see their mmr and even if they did, no point in raising it more. I think people will get to a certain point every rank reset, when they stop caring about the outcome.

  • I have no idea, but my "teammates" love to do it when the match is going well

    They go down first, while 2 gens and a half are completed? They'll suicide on hook

    They get chased after being hooked for the first time? DC even if the 4th gen is halfway done and noone is on their third hook yet

    We destroy Ruin and Undying while they are on their first hook? Well, it's clear we're not going to save them, better give up immediately


    As one of my friends says in these situations: "Oh how kind of him, he's suiciding on his first hook so that the killer can have a chance to win"

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285592/why-is-everyone-giving-up

    DC punishment did his job, so when tilted players go mad they suicide on hook.

    @ShinobuSK said:

    Because they are already high enough rank and dont have anything to play for? Its easy to suicide on hook if match dont go their way from the start.

    Cant see their mmr and even if they did, no point in raising it more. I think people will get to a certain point every rank reset, when they stop caring about the outcome.

    But the killer has like 2downs and we have already have 2 gens done and more being worked on.

    Like game wise we was doing well and far ahead of the killers objective it's so stupid, we also got the ruin etc. Early as hell

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544070#Comment_2544070

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544073#Comment_2544073

    But the killer has like 2downs and we have already have 2 gens done and more being worked on.

    Like game wise we was doing well and far ahead of the killers objective it's so stupid, we also got the ruin etc. Early as hell

    When someone gets mad he doesn't think. I don't think someone who gets this easily tilted bothers thinking.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544070#Comment_2544070

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544073#Comment_2544073

    But the killer has like 2downs and we have already have 2 gens done and more being worked on.

    Like game wise we was doing well and far ahead of the killers objective it's so stupid, we also got the ruin etc. Early as hell

    Hard to tell, if they didnt said why they left after the game.

    You said the game was going well...but was it really going well for the person who killed themselves?

  • I have had a couple teammates do this when we were doing great....which lead to us loosing a trial we shouldn't have. I DC for the first time Sunday against a Pinhead with Franklin's/Hoarder. Two teammates quit because of it and I followed (Really couldn't blame them). Played against another last night and it took all my might not to do it again. I'm sorry Pinhead mains but that combo is a free win especially against solo which I am. It should not be possible for chain hunts to be active most of trial. Getting off subject here so I'll stop.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544097#Comment_2544097

    Hard to tell, if they didnt said why they left after the game.

    You said the game was going well...but was it really going well for the person who killed themselves?

    I'm not being funny you should never just give up, I play on console and times my controller dies before I can even begin a chase or when iv picked up a survivor. I dont give up, and well anyone who wants a 5gen chase every game should just stop playing lol.

    @chargernick85 said:

    I have had a couple teammates do this when we were doing great....which lead to us loosing a trial we shouldn't have. I DC for the first time Sunday against a Pinhead with Franklin's/Hoarder. Two teammates quit because of it and I followed (Really couldn't blame them). Played against another last night and it took all my might not to do it again. I'm sorry Pinhead mains but that combo is a free win especially against solo which I am. It should not be possible for chain hunts to be active most of trial. Getting off subject here so I'll stop.

    You cant be mad at that, quitting because of a build seems a little silly personally. Like I get it, it's good and works well on him, but it's the only killer hoarder is useful (this perk already got nerfed) and just a decent team can still beat this, you just have to play smarter. I feel it's nice to see another killer be strong for high level especially a liscene. But giving up solves nothing

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544105#Comment_2544105

    I'm not being funny you should never just give up, I play on console and times my controller dies before I can even begin a chase or when iv picked up a survivor. I dont give up, and well anyone who wants a 5gen chase every game should just stop playing lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544108#Comment_2544108

    You cant be mad at that, quitting because of a build seems a little silly personally. Like I get it, it's good and works well on him, but it's the only killer hoarder is useful (this perk already got nerfed) and just a decent team can still beat this, you just have to play smarter. I feel it's nice to see another killer be strong for high level especially a liscene. But giving up solves nothing

    I play solo's. They can't handle this and chain hunts should not be activated that easily. It's unnecessary and yes it sucks it's the only place hoarder is useful but the combo is wayyy to strong. Also let's not pretend any of you get a team good enough to get past it often. Most teams are garbage even with their comms.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544123#Comment_2544123

    I play solo's. They can't handle this and chain hunts should not be activated that easily. It's unnecessary and yes it sucks it's the only place hoarder is useful but the combo is wayyy to strong. Also let's not pretend any of you get a team good enough to get past it often. Most teams are garbage even with their comms.

    It's 50/50 every time u launch a game. If u want to always win and only win is acceptable, gather your own team.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544123#Comment_2544123

    I play solo's. They can't handle this and chain hunts should not be activated that easily. It's unnecessary and yes it sucks it's the only place hoarder is useful but the combo is wayyy to strong. Also let's not pretend any of you get a team good enough to get past it often. Most teams are garbage even with their comms.

    I play solo too, only issue iv had is the pug of infinite chains when trying to solve the box. And many people can play very well against him, issue once again mmr sucks and if people give up or cba to try then its expected to be a loss. But this isnt even about pinhead, people are giving up for no reason even when we're clearly winning

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544126#Comment_2544126

    It's 50/50 every time u launch a game. If u want to always win and only win is acceptable, gather your own team.

    Makes no sense. Where did i say this? Not worth any further response.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544134#Comment_2544134

    Makes no sense. Where did i say this? Not worth any further response.

    He means because you already give up verse that pinhead build, as in you act defeated before the games actual outcome, seems like you expect to win verse him.

    Or at least that's what I'm guessing he means

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544126#Comment_2544126

    I play solo too, only issue iv had is the pug of infinite chains when trying to solve the box. And many people can play very well against him, issue once again mmr sucks and if people give up or cba to try then its expected to be a loss. But this isnt even about pinhead, people are giving up for no reason even when we're clearly winning

    Yes I understand what you meant by the post. I just gave an example of the only thing that has got me to DC (along with the other solo's I was with). Had a few DC playing trickster this week but I kind of expected it.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544126#Comment_2544126

    It's 50/50 every time u launch a game. If u want to always win and only win is acceptable, gather your own team.

    @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544139#Comment_2544139

    He means because you already give up verse that pinhead build, as in you act defeated before the games actual outcome, seems like you expect to win verse him.

    Or at least that's what I'm guessing he means

    Oh I get it. I never go into a trial expecting to win (on either side). What I do expect is a CHANCE to win. The odds of getting 4 solo's that can deal with the Pinhead combo is lottery chances. Not really sure how I can better explain this. Maybe the killer glasses need taken off the forums so everyone can understand both sides a little better. Sorry the excuse of Hoarder is only good on him don't work.....Stridor was only good on one killer and it got nerfed. Defend it all you want it will get nerfed at some point in some way.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Is there something I'm missing as to why so many people are giving up on the first down/hook?

    None of these games are even going bad, people just give up for no reason so its impossible to win

    There's no way to no for sure, but what I do know is that it's extremely disheartening to run the killer at 5 gens and then after x amount of minutes be hooked with 5 gens remaining.

    Maybe they should add a replay feature so we can actually see what's happening.

  • IDK why people do this. But it makes Selfish Q borderline impossible to play more than a few games.

    I had a game where we finished two gens and guys DCs when he went down. Like, 1 hook for 2 gens is a pretty decent start.

    Maybe they just expect to go to second stage on first hook anymore , so they just let go.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544105#Comment_2544105

    I'm not being funny you should never just give up, I play on console and times my controller dies before I can even begin a chase or when iv picked up a survivor. I dont give up, and well anyone who wants a 5gen chase every game should just stop playing lol.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544108#Comment_2544108

    You cant be mad at that, quitting because of a build seems a little silly personally. Like I get it, it's good and works well on him, but it's the only killer hoarder is useful (this perk already got nerfed) and just a decent team can still beat this, you just have to play smarter. I feel it's nice to see another killer be strong for high level especially a liscene. But giving up solves nothing

    I get survivors dcing if I find the box early in the match

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544134#Comment_2544134

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544142#Comment_2544142

    Oh I get it. I never go into a trial expecting to win (on either side). What I do expect is a CHANCE to win. The odds of getting 4 solo's that can deal with the Pinhead combo is lottery chances. Not really sure how I can better explain this. Maybe the killer glasses need taken off the forums so everyone can understand both sides a little better. Sorry the excuse of Hoarder is only good on him don't work.....Stridor was only good on one killer and it got nerfed. Defend it all you want it will get nerfed at some point in some way.

    If u want a chance to win, i can give u. Box always spawns in places there are no survivors or killer nearby. I'm not sure about numbers but assume it's around:

    Not closer than 20m from any survivor, and not in killer TR or roughly 30m.

    So u always can figure out it's approximate location. It's exactly how killers find it.

    Outside of chain hunt there's nothing special about Pinhead.

  • I started to rank my self deranked killer back up and this got more common the more i won. My wait times also got longer and longer and longer.

    Matches are instant in the lower mmr.

  • Kobe imo shouldn't be a thing. It should be like PH's cages except if you have Slippery Meat or Deliverance.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Is there something I'm missing as to why so many people are giving up on the first down/hook?

    None of these games are even going bad, people just give up for no reason so its impossible to win

    I can't answer for other people, but I can answer for why I did it a few weeks ago. I mostly play solo, and I am generally against DCing or suiciding on hook. A week or two ago I had 2 or 3 straight bad games. I'm not great at looping, but sometimes I do decent. In two or three straight games, I spent the entire match playing like a good teammate. I made sure my teammates didn't go to second stage on first hook. I would hook swap if the person was in struggle state, or I would run distraction to help someone else get them. And in those two/three straight games, I was left to die on the hook every single time. My teammates would either play double dutch on the attempt to unhook me, or simply would sit on gens while I ate a second hook state, or while I died in struggle state. I started playing a game in Hawkins where I unhooked someone, took a hit for them, and ran somewhere to heal up. The person ran the killer to my location, and used me as a distraction to escape. I was downed, put on the hook, and halfway to my second hook state, I noticed everyone was still staying on gens - I snapped and suicided on hook. The moment I tried the first Kobe, someone immediately tried to run to get me, but they got there as I intentionally missed the second skill check.

    TLDR; Sometimes it's not about the current match, but the carry-over from bad experiences in the previous matches.

  • @R2k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544153#Comment_2544153

    If u want a chance to win, i can give u. Box always spawns in places there are no survivors or killer nearby. I'm not sure about numbers but assume it's around:

    Not closer than 20m from any survivor, and not in killer TR or roughly 30m.

    So u always can figure out it's approximate location. It's exactly how killers find it.

    Outside of chain hunt there's nothing special about Pinhead.

    Look I am a killer main despite playing survivor more and more. I agree with you and @EntitySpawn that killers (especially licenses) should be strong. Every opinion I give is based off my own experiences (not a video, or based off others opinions) and this is what I feel about the combo along with certain add-ons in that combo. I want pinhead to be strong I just want him to be strong without the use of these two perks. I feel it's cheap and way to strong for solo's. Now I forgot to mention the Pinhead I faced last night made it to where we could not see the box, added to the time to solve it, and had the perk combo. It was too much for a solo team.

    I will not pretend that ######### is not broken on survivor side too. I understand that maps, rng, totem spots, and most of all spawn points are not an issue. I just give my opinion on this combo that's it. I do want him strong though.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544134#Comment_2544134

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2544142#Comment_2544142

    Oh I get it. I never go into a trial expecting to win (on either side). What I do expect is a CHANCE to win. The odds of getting 4 solo's that can deal with the Pinhead combo is lottery chances. Not really sure how I can better explain this. Maybe the killer glasses need taken off the forums so everyone can understand both sides a little better. Sorry the excuse of Hoarder is only good on him don't work.....Stridor was only good on one killer and it got nerfed. Defend it all you want it will get nerfed at some point in some way.

    Well I play both sides, and I can assure you that chance to win isnt the case for alot of killers especially when you get higher in mmr. That's not even taking into consideration swf, bad maps, tile spawns etc.

    But nerfing a perk that's god awful (already been nerfed) just because of 1 killer is terrible. Some killers should be harder to beat, we allow nurse but not him? Who actually requires the same skill aim wise and certain perks to do well.

    I'm just saying when it's okay to hate and quit against 1 killer, people will do the same against a killer they dont like.

  • Rank 1 Survivor/Killer . Running only meme builds. If against sweaty Survivor/Killer and the game isn't fun, then Sui Hook/Camp/AFK . No point playing a game you are not having fun in, by the end of the day it's just that. Just a game.

    BHVR is not paying you to be here, you should be having fun.

  • Because DC penalty.