If dbd is a party game why are we forced to play sbmm and not a casual mode?🤔
Legit question...I dont care about the meager rewards at the end of the season.
As I go up in survivor mmr I witness killers more willing to throw games...there was a bubba who did not want to chase or hook anyone and stayed looking at the basement wall.
Had another game today where a pyramid head ignored everyone and was just putting trails on the ground.
Those were 2 today out of 12 matches I played...I understand why they do it which is even sadder.
Any thoughts?
Comments
The Devs gave this game an identity crisis. It seems as though they want it to be a horror game, a competitive game, a "party game", and every other kind of game that they can label it as. I've constantly advocated for a casual mode for a while now, and they said they havent done it because it would make the queue times longer. I think the reason they haven't done so is because it would show how many people don't care about the ranked/competitive aspect of the game, and it would show how pointless it was to try and push the game in that direction.
Absolutely nobody would play ranked mode
And how do u expect this casual mode work? Same as before, 1h new player vs 10k hours killer because it was all random?
Casuals should understand that if u want to have fun, git gut. If u refuse to improve it's ok, but don't expect everyone else do same. U can't just come to PvP game and expect other side intentionally throw a game for u every time u want.
I don't feel any bad about players who drop their MMR cause they are going to 4K babies.
SBMM is casual mode. It was implemented to give everyone but the top 1% a fighting chance. There's nothing fun about your game being predetermined by matching you with opponents you don't stand a chance against. It's casual and lower skilled players who are reaping the benefits of SBMM.
If it ain't got couch coop its not a party game.
This.
SBMM should make matches fair. Of course it’s not working perfectly. And the balance of this game is off. But generally the idea of SBMM is to guarantee fair matchmaking so everyone kn a match has a fighting chance.
and -while SBMM doesn’t work perfectly- Emblem based matchmaking was far worse. The same complaints that SBMM gets now where seen everywhere before.
Exactly...I mean almost every other pvp games has multiple modes...at least a practice mode, a casual mode,and a rank mode.
I mean cool you made it fair for survivors but what about your other loyal paying customers 🤔
The ones who want bragging rights...isnt that what rank is supposed to be about?
I mean a casual mode is to chill and just have fun right? No pips or depip to worry about.
What's fun about knowing if you win a couple of matches you will get stomped in the following matches after that?😅
But what are u going to do if [Bad Word] players will come and ruin your chill games cause they think it's fun?
Because the sweaty Killers would play casual to have easier games.
Boom, that's why. It changes nothing besides making it take longer to get into game. It's just a bad idea.
Move on to the next one...with mmr I know they get worse. With casual it would come down to luck 😌
I think it would be the exact same even if we had a casual mode, people will always sweat and try hard.
The current "competitive" mode has almost nothing to do with actual competitiveness and pretty much gives no reward for playing good, but people still treat it as some kind of hardcore tournament of some sorts.
When did they ever push the game into a competitive direction? Only now after several years are they starting to slowly balance the game by making changes that were long overdue.
You don't....?
MMR doesn't change that quick. I haven't had any issues with it. None of my games have felt unfair under SBMM.
Literally just stop worrying about MMR, play each game as it comes, and your experience will be far better than stressing over whether or not your opponent was a higher or lower rank than you.
Do you play various killers?😊
Upgrading various killers and adding boon totems is the right direction😇