Ok Devs can we implement a "Avoid this Player" option into the game.

I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

Comments

  • Nope. That just drives up queue times for good players, who will get avoided more often than not. This was already tried and failed in other games.

  • I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 
    I don’t really think it would work. If that was the case, it would be exploited to no end.
  • I'm going to make a crude YMCA lyric parody about this later, but MLGA (Make Lobbies Great Again) is exactly what you're looking for. Just know that it isn't guaranteed to be permanently whitelisted by EAC so it might bite you in the rear later.
  • I'd love a SWF Opt-Out option but hey, we cannot all get what we want.

  • se05239 said:

    I'd love a SWF Opt-Out option but hey, we cannot all get what we want.


    PC or Console?

  • insert office screaming NO here
    Queue times for killers are huge already. Now from experience although you are supposed to be 18 to play the game most people act like 12 year olds. Here is a list of 12 year old logic as to why an Avoid this player option wouldn't work:

    • He camped me
    • He tunnelled me
    • He managed to hit me through a window/pallet
    • He managed to hit me at the shack window because I stood too close to it when I teabagged him
    • He had NOED
    • He had BBQ
    • He had insert a perk that survivors call toxic here
    • I had White ward and they had franklins
    • He was a killer I don't like
    • They looped me
    • They were SWF
    • They flash light saved
    • They had a flash light and I didn't bring franklins.
    • They managed to pallet stun me and I didn't get the hit
    • I couldn't find them
    • They juked me some how
    • They used DS
    • They had SC
    • They had insert a perk that killers call toxic here
    • They played a survivor I don't like (racism against Claudy)

    ect. See why it is a bad reason

    People will keep blocking people until they get an easy game then that killer or survivor will be like "I got absoloutly butchered" and will block you until there is no one left to play with.

  • As promised, one crude YMCA Parody about M.L.G.A, I even found an instrumental so the actual lyrics don't awkwardly overlap my version. (Not like mine's terribly great to be honest, though.)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD2XgiBUha8

    Survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    I said, survivor, we’ll help you lose that frown.
    I said, survivor, look what we’ve found
    There is no need for a challenge.

    Survivor, there’s software you can use.
    I said, survivor, when you never want to lose.
    You can use it, as much as you like
    As a crutch to take away hard fights

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    You can win all your games, never deal with folks who are lame,
    And all your games will end the same…

    Survivor, are you listening to me?
    I said, survivor, don’t you want to be free?
    I said, survivor, you can fight camping
    But you got to know this one thing!

    No one does it all by themselves.
    I said, survivor, put your wits on the shelf,
    And just go download, M.L.G.A
    I’m sure that it will improve your day.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can ban any player to get them out of your face
    You will be safe in your safe space.

    Survivor, I was once in your place.
    I said, I was sick and tired with anger on my face.
    I felt that no dev cared if I still played
    I felt that I had been betrayed…

    That’s when some killers messaged me
    And said survivor, have some dignity
    There’s a tool called M.L.G.A
    That will get you easier games.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    M.L.G.A… you’ll hide behind M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    Survivor, survivor, lose that frown.

    M.L.G.A.... you’ll hide behind M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    Survivor, survivor, lose that frown.

    M.L.G.A… just go get M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, are you listening to me?
    Survivor, survivor, don’t you want to be free?

  • @OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

    MLGA introduced this feature and thats the reason why MLGA has been removed from the whitelist and is bannable now

  • @Master said:

    @OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

    MLGA introduced this feature and thats the reason why MLGA has been removed from the whitelist and is bannable now

    It's bannable now? I thought its status was "we don't ban for it but EAC might so use at your own risk?"

  • @Peasant said:
    As promised, one crude YMCA Parody about M.L.G.A, I even found an instrumental so the actual lyrics don't awkwardly overlap my version. (Not like mine's terrible great to be honest, though.)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD2XgiBUha8

    Survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    I said, survivor, we’ll help you lose that frown.
    I said, survivor, look what we’ve found
    There is no need for a challenge.

    Survivor, there’s software you can use.
    I said, survivor, when you never want to lose.
    You can use it, as much as you like
    As a crutch to take away hard fights

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    You can win all your games, never deal with folks who are lame,
    And all your games will end the same…

    Survivor, are you listening to me?
    I said, survivor, don’t you want to be free?
    I said, survivor, you can fight camping
    But you got to know this one thing!

    No one does it all by themselves.
    I said, survivor, put your wits on the shelf,
    And just go download, M.L.G.A
    I’m sure that it will improve your day.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A
    It’s fun to filter with M.L.G.A

    They can ban any player to get them out of your face
    You will be safe in your safe space.
    Survivor, I was once in your place.
    I said, I was sick and tired with anger on my face.
    I felt that no dev cared if I still played
    I felt that I had been betrayed…

    That’s when some killers messaged me
    And said survivor, have some dignity
    There’s a tool called M.L.G.A
    That will get you easier games.

    It’s fun to filter with Y.M.C.A
    It’s fun to filter with Y.M.C.A

    They can block any player for any reason at all
    You’ll be safe behind their firewall.

    M.L.G.A… you’ll hide behind M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    Survivor, survivor, lose that frown.

    M.L.G.A.... you’ll hide behind M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, there’s no need to be downed.
    Survivor, survivor, lose that frown.

    M.L.G.A… just go get M.L.G.A

    Survivor, survivor, are you listening to me?
    Survivor, survivor, don’t you want to be free?

    better than the original

  • @Peasant said:

    @Master said:

    @OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

    MLGA introduced this feature and thats the reason why MLGA has been removed from the whitelist and is bannable now

    It's bannable now? I thought its status was "we don't ban for it but EAC might so use at your own risk?"

    Use at own risk = Bannable

    Something like a blacklist doesnt exist, even if that term is thrown around quite often.
    There are only allowed programs (whitelisted, see EAC side) and then there are the programs "use at own risk" that might get you banned

  • @Master said:

    @Peasant said:

    @Master said:

    @OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

    MLGA introduced this feature and thats the reason why MLGA has been removed from the whitelist and is bannable now

    It's bannable now? I thought its status was "we don't ban for it but EAC might so use at your own risk?"

    Use at own risk = Bannable

    Something like a blacklist doesnt exist, even if that term is thrown around quite often.
    There are only allowed programs (whitelisted, see EAC side) and then there are the programs "use at own risk" that might get you banned

    Right, I was just checking as "bannable" sounds like EAC is actively hunting for it and its users while "Use at your own risk" sounds like EAC doesn't give a darn.

  • @Peasant said:

    @Master said:

    @Peasant said:

    @Master said:

    @OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    I would love to see a Avoid this Player option put into the game so I can no longer play against toxic survivors or killers. 

    MLGA introduced this feature and thats the reason why MLGA has been removed from the whitelist and is bannable now

    It's bannable now? I thought its status was "we don't ban for it but EAC might so use at your own risk?"

    Use at own risk = Bannable

    Something like a blacklist doesnt exist, even if that term is thrown around quite often.
    There are only allowed programs (whitelisted, see EAC side) and then there are the programs "use at own risk" that might get you banned

    Right, I was just checking as "bannable" sounds like EAC is actively hunting for it and its users while "Use at your own risk" sounds like EAC doesn't give a darn.

    Jendenise proved very well that BHVR doesnt actively hunt MLGA users, AFAIK she still hasnt been banned even though she livestreams bannable offense all day, and that even as a fogstreamer^^

  • Orion said:

    Nope. That just drives up queue times for good players, who will get avoided more often than not. This was already tried and failed in other games.

    I can confirm. I had to do every month a new account to be able to pvp in dark souls 1 cuz they blocked me after I stomped them several times. It ended that I nearly wasnt able to play anymore. So I created a new account over and over. 
  • Will never happen, it is way too abusable, this is one of the reasons the dev's said MLGA is no longer whitelisted.

    Play Nurse - Avoid, Camper - Avoid, Tunneller - Avoid, Uses DS - Avoid, good looper - Avoid, SWF member - Avoid.

    Why should it be harder for anyone to find a game due to them simply using the allowed features and mechanics of the game.

    Cheats well thats another story it would be nice but again due it being abusable it cant be done, at least the way it is we can all report them and the more reports the more chance they have of being banned.

  • Lol, MLGA is not bannable, they can't ban you for monitoring your network. We've been through this a hundred times on the steam forums.

  • @Sinner said:
    Lol, MLGA is not bannable, they can't ban you for monitoring your network. We've been through this a hundred times on the steam forums.

    This^

    MLGA does not interact with the game in any way, its a simple tool which monitors who you are connected too, if you open windows task manager you can also see who you are connected too when playing this game.

    For EAC to ban for MLGA they would have to ask the user for permission to scan for the actual tool itself or they would be in breach of privacy rules.

  • You mean the same type of avoid player option that was taken out of Overwatch because pro player couldn't find game because a ######### ton of player blocked them
    Or the one that was brought back to Overwatch that allow you to only avoid 2 player to prevent people from avoiding every single person that beat them?

  • or netstat -n in cmd, same thing

  • I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything so far, so to clarify:

    If a player wants to completely avoid another player for whatever reason, their best bet is an exterior program that shows you the pings (and IPs) of everyone you're in a lobby with called M.L.G.A. This software can also let the user ban players via IP if they want to.

    Multiple players are against the use of this software because they understand that immature and excess use of the software can have a negative exterior effect on other players.

    Other players don't see why people need M.L.G.A as some of its features can be done in command prompt.

    Is this all?

  • @Peasant said:
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything so far, so to clarify:

    If a player wants to completely avoid another player for whatever reason, their best bet is an exterior program that shows you the pings (and IPs) of everyone you're in a lobby with called M.L.G.A. This software can also let the user ban players via IP if they want to.

    Multiple players are against the use of this software because they understand that immature and excess use of the software can have a negative exterior effect on other players.

    Other players don't see why people need M.L.G.A as some of its features can be done in command prompt.

    Is this all?

    1. Yes, you can blacklist any ip. You can't actually ban it. just tag it.
    2. Mostly yeah, it can have negative effects, some positive though. Say a killer is toxic or cheating ,lag switching, wallhack , if he gets blocked and doesn't get any lobbies, he basically can't play.
    3. This doesn't make sense. The idea is you can't get banned, since all it does is to monitor your network's active connection. Basically it simplifies something you can do in windows itself.
  • @Sinner said:

    @Peasant said:
    I just want to make sure I'm understanding everything so far, so to clarify:

    If a player wants to completely avoid another player for whatever reason, their best bet is an exterior program that shows you the pings (and IPs) of everyone you're in a lobby with called M.L.G.A. This software can also let the user ban players via IP if they want to.

    Multiple players are against the use of this software because they understand that immature and excess use of the software can have a negative exterior effect on other players.

    Other players don't see why people need M.L.G.A as some of its features can be done in command prompt.

    Is this all?

    1. Yes, you can blacklist any ip. You can't actually ban it. just tag it.
    2. Mostly yeah, it can have negative effects, some positive though. Say a killer is toxic or cheating ,lag switching, wallhack , if he gets blocked and doesn't get any lobbies, he basically can't play.
    3. This doesn't make sense. The idea is you can't get banned, since all it does is to monitor your network's active connection. Basically it simplifies something you can do in windows itself.

    Okay, just checking.

  • Just use MLGA.

    EAC will never ban for it.
  • @EntityDispleased said:
    Yes devs implement this please so I can Dodge all swf teams without a hassle.

    If you are on PC, with Steam and M.L.G.A, you might not even need to download M.L.G.A. Just click on the survivors' names in the lobby and briefly look at their profiles. In the lower right-hand corner, there is usually a friend's list there. Then it's all a matter of looking at who has friends that are in your lobby.

  • The key here folks is that we need smart M.L.G.A usage. If you ban every person that plays as a P3 Claudette or every person that teabags then you'll deny yourself games with a number of people that aren't toxic.

    What you need to do is set your profile to public. Then after a game check your profile. If you get a toxic post-game chat AND they go to your profile then use M.L.G.A. If they're a streamer, check out their behavior. If they just teabag and blind and loop all game AND leave toxic trash in the chat, block them as well. Just use logic and reason. Don't block "willy-nilly" and everyone will be alright.