Killer Players: Punish or Take advantage?

So everyone that plays killer, what are you doing in the following situation and why: The survivors let someone of the team get to 2nd status. Would you punish them for this behaviour (that is what I prefer to do if I see it) or do you camp the hook so the survivor gets 1 hooked.

What are your reasons for whatever decision?

Comments

  • Which ever wins me the game.

  • if the survivor tries to escape and gets pushed into second stage, i camp them for 30 seconds if it's convenient.

  • Honestly if they're genrushing or being such a dick with flashlight always give them what ruin their game the most! Or what you feel like would ruin it mostly

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/285186/killer-players-punish-or-take-advantage

    Too vague of a question honostly. A lot goes in to deciding to camp or not. Yes I will camp if i feel it's the right decision. But camping them all through stage 2 typically isn't the correct move.

    Sorry english isn't my first language I think I haven't explained good enough.

    The survivor on their first hook just did not get saved. The killer chasing someone else and no one went to get that person. The killer hooks the last downed and goes back to check on the prior hooked that now is nearly dead. All gens done. What would you do?

    Stay by the latest hooked survivor in the basement

    Go to the nearly dead survivor nearby

    Check the exits nearby

    Try to find another survivor

  • Honestly just play however you want, don't be constricted to play nice or how other people want you to play, that's just the simple answer.

    For me, though I used to have this positive view like try to play as fair as possible, but I watched this TTV streamer I played against because I enjoy watching survivor pov in my matches and because I didn't hand them the match they pointed out to their swf that I was using crutch perks because I don't know how to play the game without them, saying discordance, thana, corrupt, and blood echo on plague were because I'm bad even though they were all using meta perks. Who complains about these perks, like the only meta perk there is corrupt and that is plagues base perk of course I'm going to run it.

    It just stuck with me, it was a few days ago and honestly, I am kind of done with the whole play to keep people happy bit, as much as I loved seeing people happy with how I played, most people are only happy if you go out of your way to throw the game and let them go that's just how it is. Even playing as a survivor to any killer play how you want, I honestly don't mind if I get tunneled or facecamped like that's just how done I am with the whole play by other people's rules lol.

  • It depends on the game situation, map, and the killer I play. 

    Like if I play Billy on an outdoors map -- I usually don't care, I can just sprint to the survivor on the opposite side of Mother's Dwelling. 

    If I am "winning" (or better dominating) the survivors -- I don't care much. But in some situations, when I see that kind of "punishment" will benefit me, then why not? 

  • Really depends on the situation. Can't take a one-size-fits-all approach. How many gens got done while they went to second? Where are you on the map? What's the gen layout around the hook? What I do really depends on those answers.

  • If they get to 2nd stage I usually expand how far I patrol from the hook or just straight up leave, if they didn't save for those 60 seconds then they've prob been on gens/totems

  • If im behind, i.e 2 gens down and no hooks, i might proxy to bait a save and get more value, if im a ahead ill go looking.

  • I'll slug them once if they're having a bad game. I'm usually miles from the hook so if it happens they have a bad team.

  • @JustWhimsical said:

    Honestly just play however you want, don't be constricted to play nice or how other people want you to play, that's just the simple answer.

    For me, though I used to have this positive view like try to play as fair as possible, but I watched this TTV streamer I played against because I enjoy watching survivor pov in my matches and because I didn't hand them the match they pointed out to their swf that I was using crutch perks because I don't know how to play the game without them, saying discordance, thana, corrupt, and blood echo on plague were because I'm bad even though they were all using meta perks. Who complains about these perks, like the only meta perk there is corrupt and that is plagues base perk of course I'm going to run it.

    It just stuck with me, it was a few days ago and honestly, I am kind of done with the whole play to keep people happy bit, as much as I loved seeing people happy with how I played, most people are only happy if you go out of your way to throw the game and let them go that's just how it is. Even playing as a survivor to any killer play how you want, I honestly don't mind if I get tunneled or facecamped like that's just how done I am with the whole play by other people's rules lol.

    Play how you want. I literally had someone thought I stream snipe and assume I main Twin cause I play them good. Another one texted my old twitch acc just to tell me how bad I was.

  • If the Survivors seem new or uncoordinated I feel bad and let them all escape, if one player reaches third stage out of my control I'll still get hate messages so id rather be told to end my life by 1 person and not all 4.

  • If I notice a survivor goes to second hook, and I find them relatively quick again since they've been unhooked I'll try and leave them alone. Either by just completely walking away or if they're still injured I'll just leave them down. Depending on how the game is going I'll do this maybe even multiple times. Sometimes I'll even pre-decide to leave them for last to give them hatch. If I'm falling behind I'll slug them once and then hook the next time I find them.

    I probably play killer way too fair. But idk, since I play survivor too I understand the frustration behind losing a hook stage.

  • If I am playing like a degenerate I force the one hook. If I am playing chill, I usually just go look for someone else.

  • I will absolutely sweat as much as humanly possible and play as toxic as possible if someone gets from 1st hook to Death hook in a single go.

    Sometimes 1st hook to Struggle is acceptable as a strategy, especially if Ruin is in play or I'm snowballing and they need to regroup. A hook state lost in 30 seconds is better than losing 2 hooks states in the exchange. But just letting people die? When I'm not even close to the hook the entire duration? Ho boy, that is when I become an agent of revenge for the lost survivor. If I get my way nobody is leaving.

  • If they prioritize gens over unhooking their teammates, im defenitely gonna punish them for it and get the surv to 2nd hookstage or to deathstage if possible. If they wanna rush gens im gonna rush kills. as easy as that.

  • If they take their sweet time to unhook the survivor while I do a patrol on gens, then yes, I'll finish it. If they're fresh on their second stage, not so much. The optimal play would be to camp to death in that scenario, so it's a courtesy.

  • Like everything I do in the game, it depends on the situation.

    If they are making no effort to protect the survivor they took took long to rescue, then I'll take that as a hint they want that person dead and oblige them.

    If they attempt to protect them when I'm far ahead, even if they do it badly, I am usually inclined to respect the effort and go after the person making the attempt. If I'm behind, I'm going to take the weakened survivor down and get them out of the game.

  • If their team let them go to second stage that is some selfish #########.

    Since I am rarely near a hooked survivor, I wouldn't even notice until I saw it in the HUD.

    But, I would continue to play normally, albeit trying to be a bit nicer to that survivor. I would at least let them get fully healed probably. But, if say they went back to a totem they may have saw in chase, and I find them, I'll probably just kill em.

  • When Survivors are jerks to their teammates, I tend to punish them. Unhooking right in front of me without BT, pointing in the direction of your teammate, camping hatch while you wait for the other Survivor to die — you best believe I'm punishing that stuff.


  • @tennmio said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539864#Comment_2539864

    Sorry english isn't my first language I think I haven't explained good enough.

    The survivor on their first hook just did not get saved. The killer chasing someone else and no one went to get that person. The killer hooks the last downed and goes back to check on the prior hooked that now is nearly dead. All gens done. What would you do?

    Stay by the latest hooked survivor in the basement

    Go to the nearly dead survivor nearby

    Check the exits nearby

    Try to find another survivor

    So the situation is that all of the gens are done, you have two people hooked, and one of them is almost dead. Tactically, I think the best thing to do is go back to the one who's almost dead, because the overwhelming liklihood is that the remaining two survivors will try to save that one first and you can catch them. Ethically, I also don't think you need to feel bad about that -- their teammates decided to force them out of the game by not saving, and getting saved after the gens are already done isn't going to help them much in terms of their score. You don't have to make it a 0K because the survivors were bad teammates to each other.

  • @tennmio said:

    So everyone that plays killer, what are you doing in the following situation and why: The survivors let someone of the team get to 2nd status. Would you punish them for this behaviour (that is what I prefer to do if I see it) or do you camp the hook so the survivor gets 1 hooked.

    What are your reasons for whatever decision?

    I play ethically usually. So when I see I usually take it out on the rest of the team cause I imagine what it feels like to just sit there waiting for help, even though the killer isn't even there and your pug group of survivors just lets you die....like.....#########....

    Those games are usually solo queue survivors and I end up taking it easy on the black sheep that gets left to die....

  • I won't punish the survivors most of the time bc it's kinda hard to punish 3 people at the same time. But the next time I down the person who hit half I'll usually slug them so they have a second chance unless I'm losing really bad then I just hook them like normal.

  • If I'm playing how I usually play, then I'll probably do nothing. Just go with whatever happens next in the game. So basically, not purposely punishing or taking advantage.

  • Thanks for everyone sharing.

    For me it is really hard. Sometimes it is just so obvious that three or two are a team and that they only care for their friends to get out. In some games they sacrifice the randoms or even sandbag them on purpose. If I realize it too late (it doesn't happen often as I am really attentive) and I already hooked this person, Sometimes I just wish I could unhook them myself.

  • Depends if I'm in a really good position I might throw a bit and let survivor get saves and heals I should be interrupting I just let them do it.

    But if I'm aware that I'm in a bad place like two generators I just go into full sweat.