Which is your favourite Elm Street film?

Which "A Nightmare On Elm Street" / "Freddy Krueger" film do you like best?

Comments

  • Wes Craven's New Nightmare is an underrated masterpiece.

    [BAD WORD] Entity Freddy man, love him.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I'm sad to say that the 2010 one was the only one I've ever watched. I'm ashamed lol

    My opinion: The original is a classic. So much better than the remake.

    Part 3 (Dream Warriors) is a great film too.

    Parts 2/4/5 are all below average. I think Freddy's Dead is better than those 3 films.

    I haven't seen New Nightmare in years, so I'll give that a rewatch this weekend.

  • The first and third I like more in my opinion, to see Nancy face Freddy Krueger but in the third I did not like very much that he died for Freddy, it had more potential to be another version of Laurie Strode but in Nightmare. But anyway, super good movie for me.

  • @Jarol said:

    The first and third I like more in my opinion, to see Nancy face Freddy Krueger but in the third I did not like very much that he died for Freddy, it had more potential to be another version of Laurie Strode but in Nightmare. But anyway, super good movie for me.

    I also liked the whole idea of the youth patients having special abilities in their dreams. It was a worthy sequel.

  • I'm also ashamed to say that the 2010 remake is the only one I've seen..

    ..but tbh I actually.. kinda liked it๐Ÿ˜ญ

    Bias aside, do you think I should give classic Nightmare a watch? I've heard Robert Englund's Freddy was more comedic than scary.

  • Gotta go with the Classic.

  • @Karao_Ke said:

    I'm also ashamed to say that the 2010 remake is the only one I've seen..

    ..but tbh I actually.. kinda liked it๐Ÿ˜ญ

    Bias aside, do you think I should give classic Nightmare a watch? I've heard Robert Englund's Freddy was more comedic than scary.

    Definitely. The first film is a classic horror and not comedic. The campness starts from the second film and carries on in to parts 3-6 (Part 3 is also a very good film though).

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2535047#Comment_2535047

    Definitely. The first film is a classic horror and not comedic. The campness starts from the second film and carries on in to parts 3-6 (Part 3 is also a very good film though).

    Thanks for the response! Looks like I'll have to see what I've been missing this weekend :)

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Which "A Nightmare On Elm Street" / "Freddy Krueger" film do you like best?

    #3 with Patricia Arquette is definitely my favourite.

  • Nightmare on Elm Street is a good example of a series where every movie is worse than the one that preceded it. The first two movies are classics and definitely worth watching though.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    Nightmare on Elm Street is a good example of a series where every movie is worse than the one that preceded it. The first two movies are classics and definitely worth watching though.

    I personally think Freddy's Dead (6), Dream Child (5) and especially New Nightmare were better than Freddy's Revenge (2) and Dream Master (4).

    Also, I actually rank Part 2 as the worst of the entire franchise.

    My ranking goes

    1. Original

    2. Dream Warriors (part 3)

    3. A New Nightmare

    4. Freddy's Dead (part 6)

    5. Dream Child (part 5)

    6. Remake

    7. Dream Master (part 4)

    8. Freddy's Revenge (part 2)

  • The original is a classic.

  • The og can't be beat.

  • The original, Dream Warriors and New Nightmare were my favorites. Original because it's amazing. New Nightmare I remember my sister bringing home the screener copy from the video store my 3 siblings worked at and us all watching it on little TV in my brothers' room - I was same age as the little kid in the movie and credits saying "Freddy - Himself" freaked me out. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Dream Warriors wins though just for this scene, it's been my favorite since I was a kid.

    https://youtu.be/UXhdys1Zlu0

  • I love 2 because of how gross and violent Freddy is, very little one liners, just a psycho murdering and psychologically torturing others. Also the pool party scene is the only time we ever see Freddy go ham on a bunch of people IRL at once.

  • I've only watched two Elm Street movies which were the original and the reboot and I always say nothing beats the original. Honestly, even though I actually liked the reboot, I still don't think it beats the original.

  • It's one long saga. I don't watch them out of order or anything else until complete.