Is Grabbing a Survivor Broken?
Grabbing a Survivor is an insta-down. Is that balanced, or should it be reworked (or removed)?
Grabbing a Survivor is an insta-down. Is that balanced, or should it be reworked (or removed)?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
if you didnt grab them, you'd down them with an attack. either way they're in the same health state.
That's not true. You can grab a perfectly healthy survivor off of a gen or from a window.
For about 3 years now.Oh, you mean like that. When you're injured, why should the killer have to knock you down, then pick you up. If he grabs you, you're down.
You can grab health survivors off of gens and totems (will probably fail), but to interrupt while vaulting they have to be injured.
Or you can just not hide in a locker, sit on a gen without paying attention, or cleanse a totem without paying attention.
Pay attention.
Disagree that it is a matter of simply paying attention. For one, stealth Killers are designed to get the jump on someone. It should be difficult for Survivors to notice them. Two, getting grabbed does not boil down to the Survivor simply not paying attention. A lot to the time, grabs happen because of latency. A Survivor can try to exit a locker, get off a gen, or stop doing a totem, but the Killer's grab action takes precedence over their action. (Ex: I have been physically standing up because I ceased the gen-repair action but have gotten "grabbed" off a gen.) You could say, "Well why not get off well in advance?" Because that is not always the right action. Sometimes, you need to stick to the gen, or cleanse the totem, or wait for the Killer to be in range for a head-on stun. Timing is an important part of this game. It is a matter of strategy. But all of that comes with a risk. And that's logical. "If I stick to this gen, the Killer might injure me, but I might get it done in time. Do I risk it?" Grabs are different. They are insta-downs, and they happen arbitrarily. Simply being in the middle of an action does not mean you'll get grabbed. Sometimes you'll be injured with a basic attack, other times, you'll get grabbed as a fully healthy person and on your way to a hook. Three, I don't see how someone "not paying attention" equals them getting insta-downed. If they're not paying attention and they're fully healthy, by all means, land a hit. Injure them. But an insta-down not due to perks, power, or add-ons? How is that balanced?
More often than not the grabs will fail, even with latency issues. They've been failing since before dedicated servers, even though the developers want to say otherwise.
Don't sit on the generator until you get grabbed, don't stand near me when your at a window or pallet. How can a killer main make your day any easier my precious Survivor?.
First of all, lose the attitude. It's a question (worded very politely), meaning there's supposed to be a conversation about it, where you can share your opinion in a rational and thoughtful way. You are welcome and supposed to explain why you feel a way so that perspectives can be understood. I like to hear other people discuss why they hold an opinion, because I like to learn and listen. Doesn't mean I'lll agree, but I'll at least give enough respect to listen.
Regarding the specifics you mentioned, I won't repeat myself out of redundancy, but I addressed that in a different response.
Lastly, referring to me as a "precious survivor" wanting my day to be made easier is a straw man argument. And quite simply, you are wrong. I like strong Killers. I like the challenge facing them poses. My favorite Killer to face is a PC Nurse for that reason. Do not equate having a conversation about balance with being a "precious survivor" needing their day to be made easier. You're taking your negative experiences with others out on me. That's uncalled for. If you want to calmly explain why you feel a way, I'm all ears. If not, then don't.
I am sorry I am being notified that my job has become more tedious and more tasks I must make sure of are done against Survivor's. So when I saw this I damn near lost it thinking that they didn't already have enough of a easier job?
I was rude it wasn't becoming of me and for that I apologize.
Well that was very kind and mature of you . . . ❤️ Thank you.
If you'd like to answer why you have the opinion you do about "grabs," I'm all ears. If you're having a bad day and don't think you can explain yourself well right now, understood.
I hope you have a good rest of your day.
I will gladly follow up later on to why they are needed but not when falling from a dirt mounds which I have managed to oddly pull off.