Clown rework was overall pretty nice but...

The yellow bottles are MUCH better then ppl claim them to be, the addon rework was also very well, the reload speed buff and the slowdown on a initial throw reduction is also pretty nice. Clown feels very nice to play and is alot of fun.

But I wonder why Clown didnt got some "after tweaks" just like Freddy, Doc, Billy and Bubba? Atleast not that much as them. I mean yes they are also not perfect but they got alteast a second look over them after a month of monitoring their performence?

I believe that the only last thing the Clown needs is a buff on his base bottle count. There are many ways to approach it, for example seperate the yellow and purple bottle counts, so instead of 4 for all make it 3 purple and 3 yellow bottles. Or just simply increase the bottles in total to 6 or 8? I would prefer the seperated version imo.

Anyway the main topic is still however if anyone knows why Clown didnt got the same treatment as the other reworked Killers? I dont remember seeing anything from the devs claiming that Clown is "fine" how he is.

Comments

  • My idea:

    Passive ability: increase the base bottle count after 7(?) intoxications event, up to +2 bottles.

    (Bottle addons can be reworked around that)

  • I know the devs have no interest in this change but giving him two different ammo pools would be better. Imo he should have 4 tonics and 2 antidotes with the antidote’s recharging after 10 seconds

  • I'm not 100% sure, but I think around when the Clown rework came out people suggested that his yellow and pink bottles should have different ammo pools and the reason against it from a dev was that "it'd be too confusing for players to keep track of"

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I'm not 100% sure, but I think around when the Clown rework came out people suggested that his yellow and pink bottles should have different ammo pools and the reason against it from a dev was that "it'd be too confusing for players to keep track of"

    Lol what the hell.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I'm not 100% sure, but I think around when the Clown rework came out people suggested that his yellow and pink bottles should have different ammo pools and the reason against it from a dev was that "it'd be too confusing for players to keep track of"

    lol

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I'm not 100% sure, but I think around when the Clown rework came out people suggested that his yellow and pink bottles should have different ammo pools and the reason against it from a dev was that "it'd be too confusing for players to keep track of"

    Track of ? Press control to see how many u got of each GGEZ.

  • Smell more like than we cant do that becuz would be like adding two powers in code or something and very much complicated.

  • The antidotes just don't feel very impactful for mobility or for chases, though. I enjoy the difficulty in using them correctly but 10% faster movement for 5 seconds just isn't very useful when it consumes a bottle. If the invigorated effect lasted for 7 seconds, I think they'd be used a lot more and would generally be about equal to the tonics in terms of power.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I'm not 100% sure, but I think around when the Clown rework came out people suggested that his yellow and pink bottles should have different ammo pools and the reason against it from a dev was that "it'd be too confusing for players to keep track of"

    Yep I remember that too. But dont worry guys keeping track of chainhunts, where the lament configuration is, making a gateway, steering a chain and not walking into you own chains is sooooo ituitive and easy to understand or keeping track of 4 survivors infection, 3 vaccine cases, 2 zombies and a partraidge in a pear tree(too early?). Not a jab at Pinhead or Nemesis I like em just they think keeping track of 2 ammo counts is hard then release 2 pretty complex killers.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509607#Comment_2509607

    Smell more like than we cant do that becuz would be like adding two powers in code or something and very much complicated.

    you mean just like twins?

  • @Altarf said:

    The antidotes just don't feel very impactful for mobility or for chases, though. I enjoy the difficulty in using them correctly but 10% faster movement for 5 seconds just isn't very useful when it consumes a bottle. If the invigorated effect lasted for 7 seconds, I think they'd be used a lot more and would generally be about equal to the tonics in terms of power.

    Or just seperate the 2 bottles to their own bottle count, that way you could use them way more freely without taking away your slow bottles. The reason why they arent that "impactful" is because they are in direct compare with the slow botttles, which ofc the slow bottles are way better and therefore makes them less better. But if they are seperated from each other than thats a whole different story.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509581#Comment_2509581

    Yep I remember that too. But dont worry guys keeping track of chainhunts, where the lament configuration is, making a gateway, steering a chain and not walking into you own chains is sooooo ituitive and easy to understand or keeping track of 4 survivors infection, 3 vaccine cases, 2 zombies and a partraidge in a pear tree(too early?). Not a jab at Pinhead or Nemesis I like em just they think keeping track of 2 ammo counts is hard then release 2 pretty complex killers.

    true dat

  • Separate the bottle usage when you use a purple bottle you don’t take a yellow bottle

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Separate the bottle usage when you use a purple bottle you don’t take a yellow bottle

    thats exactly what I wrote, thanks for repeating my post

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2510369#Comment_2510369

    thats exactly what I wrote, thanks for repeating my post

    Posted it to soon forgot to write the after part of why the devs didn’t do it

  • Honestly I'm glad more people are beginning to realize the yellow bottle is a powerful tool during chase. I still think Clown could use a few more tweaks to his base-kit and add-ons though, I even made a whole thread on how to fix some of his add-ons.

    @glitchboi said:

    As one of the 5 Clown mains, I am very happy with the changes he got in the 4.5.0 patch. However, Clown could still use some buffs, particularly to his base-kit and add-ons, so let's get started!

    Base-kit

    • While the Clown is invigorated, he can perform actions (breaking pallets, vaulting windows, opening lockers, picking up survivors) 20% faster. Survivors are not affected by these buffs.
    • Slightly increased (+33%) movement speed while reloading bottles. (Smelly Inner Soles' effect is cut in half to compensate, however the add-on will pretty much be the same.)

    The changes I have here will make his already decent base-kit a lot more enjoyable to play. It will also allow him to do things a lot more quickly, so if you want to throw an antidote at a generator and kick it, it'll be even more faster!

    Add-ons

    I'm a fan of most of his add-ons, however some of them aren't that good, unfortunately. So here are my ideas for the mediocre Clown add-ons!

    Rarities:

    C - Common

    UC - Uncommon

    R - Rare

    VR - Very Rare

    UR - Ultra Rare

    VHS Porn (C)

    An all time classic.

    You won't see things quite the same again.

    • Colours Tonic Gas Clouds yellow.
    • Colours Antidote Gas Clouds purple.
    • The Tonic Gas Clouds will appear white for the first 2 seconds exclusively to Survivors.
    • The Antidote Gas Clouds will not appear white exclusively to Survivors.

    Will probably be able to fool survivors with this a bit more.

    Robin Feather is removed, and replaced by the decommissioned Ether 5 Vol%.
    Kerosene Can (UC => R)

    A thin and clear combustible liquid which numbs the mind when inhaled.

    • Intoxicated Survivors suffer from the Exhausted Status Effect for 5 seconds.

    Basically brings back the exhaustion bottles, but a lot more balanced, similar to Huntress's exhaustion hatchets add-on. If that's too powerful, here's another idea:

    Kerosene Can (UC)

    A thin and clear combustible liquid which numbs the mind when inhaled.

    • Both Intoxicated and Invigorated Survivors reveal their Aura to The Clown for 6 seconds.

    Basically Tattoo's Middle Finger recycled to this add-on, but hey, it was yellow add-on tier, so why the heck not?

    Spirit of Hartshorn is removed, and replaced by the decommissioned Ether 10 Vol%.
    Bottle of Chloroform (R)

    A sweet-smelling organic compound with strong anaesthetic capabilities.

    • Moderately expands the Afterpiece Tonic and Antidote Gas Area of Effect.
    • Moderately increases the Afterpiece Tonic and Antidote Gas Spread velocity.

    I don't really get why these add-ons were split in half, but meh.

    If we are going for the exhaustion Kerosene Can direction...
    Sulphuric Acid Vial (R => UC)

    No changes to this add-on, just decreasing the rarity to compensate for the exhaustion bottle. If we're not going for exhaustion bottles, ignore this one.

    About time we hopped into his iridescent add-ons!

    Tattoo's Middle Finger (UR)

    The prized middle finger of a large tattooed man. Has a faint taste of machinery oil.

    • Tonic Gas Clouds will now apply regression to generators.

    I didn't really like the original version of the add-on to be honest, It was a yellow add-on tier add-on. This one can actually change Clown's gameplay a bit.

    Redhead's Pinky Finger is now replaced with Iridescent Finger Bracelet.
    Iridescent Finger Bracelet (UR)

    Kenneth's most prized possession. A bracelet with four of his favorite fingers attached to it.

    • The Bottle Carrying capacity is capped to 3 bottles.
    • Antidote Gas Clouds are automatically activated upon contact.

    Will also change Clown's gameplay. Since these ones activate automatically, you can just throw one below you and get that nice speed boost! However, the bottle count is capped to 3 bottles, and cannot be increased by add-ons.

    And that's about all I've got! I think these base-kit and add-on changes will make him more interesting, but tell me what you think, and what ideas you've all got!

    I'm surprised Clown hasn't been changed ever since his rework released to be honest, but hopefully they look over him again, he's one of my favorite killers to play as.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I know the devs have no interest in this change but giving him two different ammo pools would be better. Imo he should have 4 tonics and 2 antidotes with the antidote’s recharging after 10 seconds

    I'd honestly love this change, but as you said they'll probably not have any interest in it (unfortunately).

  • I don't really notice a difference when I use the yellow bottles, and I find it doesn't even last very long

  • @glitchboi said:

    Honestly I'm glad more people are beginning to realize the yellow bottle is a powerful tool during chase. I still think Clown could use a few more tweaks to his base-kit and add-ons though, I even made a whole thread on how to fix some of his add-ons.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/276866/ideas-for-clown-base-kit-and-add-on-changes-from-a-clown-main

    I'm surprised Clown hasn't been changed ever since his rework released to be honest, but hopefully they look over him again, he's one of my favorite killers to play as.

    I always loved the yellow bottles, I was one of the true warriors trying to defend them, I just gave up trying to convince ppl, let them cry. But ye I hope Clown will get a second look over soon.

  • @Kurri said:

    I don't really notice a difference when I use the yellow bottles, and I find it doesn't even last very long

    you should maybe play more killer, you dont seem to have enough experience in the game.