Do you feel pressured to play certain perks?

To win necessarily?

On killer I feel I need at least one gen regression perk regardless of the build.

As survivor I feel I need to use an exhaustion perk regardless of the build

Comments

  • @VikingWilson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2504998#Comment_2504998

    Without a doubt BBQ. Blood points just aren't keeping up with the ever-growing grind's inflation.

    Yeah and I dont think it's goingto get better the grind is only going to get worse with more perks😅

  • @Danielgdp3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/281065/do-you-feel-pressured-to-play-certain-perks

    For Killer I feel I need to have Corrupt on to win, just gives me a easier time early match to get that first hook.

    As Survivor I don't feel the need to use certain perks to 'win' but Spine Chill definitely makes the game less stressful haha. The game is more exciting without it for sure but I tend to notice a decline in escapes when I don't use it.

    Why not as spine chill nerfs stealth killers hard🤣

    yeah sad that gen regression is almost a necessary evil right now

  • As killer, yes. I feel if I want to stand a chance against survivor's that aren't potatoes then I need to bring at least 1 slow down perk.

    As survivor I feel I need an exhaustion perk and a means to heal myself. That's just me though. I've seen survivors who are so good at looping/routing that they don't need an exhaustion perk. I'm not that good at routing so I feel I need something to extend the chase.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    As survivor? Not a bit.

    As killer? Depends on the killer but, yes, definitely. Certain killers have to have gen stopping perks to have a chance unless you intend to slug a lug all game.

    @Axx said:

    You 100% have to use gen slowdown perks as killer if you want a chance vs the decent teams will eventually face. I personally use CI and PGTW.

    @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Yes because playing anyone other than top tier killers without meta perks is a death sentence.

    Gen regression is life🤣

  • @latinfla4 said:

    To win necessarily?

    On killer I feel I need at least one gen regression perk regardless of the build.

    As survivor I feel I need to use an exhaustion perk regardless of the build

    On Survivor BT is must have if u don't want to kill your teammate in front of killer face.

    On Killer any slowdown perk is must have, cause otherwise gens pop very quick.

  • Kindred, not so much pressure as its just so good when solo.

    Bond, I hate random people, I hate crap plays happening around me, I use it to avoid people.

    BBQ, information is good but the Bloodpoints are crucial if you consistently play new content.

    Bamboozle depending on how much of a benefit it provides to a specific killer.

  • I do feel pressured to stack slowdowns, and I hate that it's necessary when survivors are optimal. The pacing of the game is broken at a higher level depending on what either side brings. Perks and items are overtuned. Killers stack slowdowns to compensate for Prove Thyself/BNPs and map size/tile safety while survivors bring Prove Thyself/BNPs to compensate for stacked gen regression. It's a circular mess. And if either side doesn't bring those things, they're likely to get run over if the other side brings their meta.

  • Not really as killer. But as surv, i cant play without some exhaustion perk and a means to heal myself. A habit i need to break.

  • Not at all, because I don't care whether I win or lose. I'm a casual player.

  • For survivor i need an exhaustion perk (Preferably Sprint Burst) , spine chill, and kindred

    For killer i need an regression perk (Preferably Ruin), BBQ, and Deerstalker

    So i really only have 1 perk slot to play around with

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I do feel pressured to stack slowdowns, and I hate that it's necessary when survivors are optimal. The pacing of the game is broken at a higher level depending on what either side brings. Perks and items are overtuned. Killers stack slowdowns to compensate for Prove Thyself/BNPs and map size/tile safety while survivors bring Prove Thyself/BNPs to compensate for stacked gen regression. It's a circular mess. And if either side doesn't bring those things, they're likely to get run over if the other side brings their meta.

    Its only going 2 become more broken 🤣

1 2 ›