Is MMR off?
My killer q went from 10 minutes + to instant out of nowhere. The survivors are also really random now.
My killer q went from 10 minutes + to instant out of nowhere. The survivors are also really random now.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've had this same thing happening to me since the grade reset back to Ash IV. When I was Iri I I was getting fair and balanced matches. Then my grade reset and it seemed like my MMR reset with it because I've been getting way more random and easy matches. I'm just now starting to see people with 1k+ hours pop back up in my lobbies again.
Also I noticed as I'm moving up in different colored grades that they try to match me with people my same color. For example I just got into bronze with survivor and now most of my lobbies are bronzes, not ash anymore. I feel like that's just more or less the rank system it was doing beforehand not my MMR.
It only happened in the last couple of hours.
Nothing has changed for me since MMR was introduced, or since rank reset. My killer queue times are typically 10-15 minutes to find a match, sometimes longer. I have yet to have a decent queue time. As far as quality of the matches, I might get a good survivor every now and then, but for the most part it feels like I'm playing against babies.
People quitting out of frustration? TBH, I’ve been thinking about it all week. Yelled at my monitor this morning out of disgust for this system. IDK any more…I’m trying to give it a chance. I really am.
How many threads are you going to post you are thinking about quitting in? This is second in the top 10 threads.
To the OP - I haven't noticed any real change in my killer or survivor queue times since SBMM - my wait is dependent on the time of day I play and which role. My max wait time for either is approx 5 minutes at worst and 15-20 seconds at best. US West Coast player.
Two.
I'm trying hard as well, and I was a strong supporter of SBMM. But my solo games have been terrible. I really don't want to go back to SWFing, but it is almost to the point that I either swf or just take a break. It breaks my heart to have to do that, as this is the only electronic game I play.
I haven't had this but I've noticed that over the last few days - as opposed to the first days of SBMM - my solo survivor games have been seeing more 4Ks, hard tunneling, face camping and such. I was really enjoying the smooth balance of my games at first but now there seems to be a slowly increasing rate of more aggressive and skilled killers. I expect that, or at least would if I was playing SUPER well and thus assumed that SBMM was finding the right zone to put me in, but I guess I just don't think that anything I've done should have made much of a difference in one direction or another.
I feel your sentiments. SWF for me is not an option. The guys who I used to run with aren’t that good at the game, plus they moved on to Apex. They stopped playing DBD out of frustration.
Oh okay so my killer queues have gotten quicker and the survivor teams have gotten about 90x better. It's definitely not off.
Mine are back to normal now but it went super quick and the survivors varied in skill and hours like the old system for a while.
Maybe they didn't switch SBMMR off but activated queue time dependent widening of matching again under our noses.
queue times isn't mainly about the type of matchmaking but the number of people playing in each side
because mmr can't be disabled anymore with the ranks rework