I 💖 Oni
It happened that I had redeemed Oni, at the time when BHVR planned to nerf Billy; people said Oni could be a good replacement for poor Billy. So I've played a few matches and was disappointed with Oni: slow start, unfamiliar power, a lot of nuances to his power, like sometimes you can hit through the objects and sometimes you cannot, survivors who juke my hits and "slugging" playstyle since you lose your power when you pick up a survivor.Â
If I remember correctly, Billy had been nerfed close to 2020 Anniversary event (nice gift BHVR), so I collected around 80 cakes while leveling up Oni, but I did not play as him much and did not like this killer.Â
After SBMM release, I decided to farm some BP with only: play matches as Oni with cake and BBQ and maybe kill someone... maybe not... don't care.Â
So I've started playing Oni... and the matches were miserable... but I did not care. And then suddenly I have started to understand his power... and playing as Oni now is now getting more and more fun.Â
My build is Tinkener, BBQ, Rancor, Nemesis; basically, a Rancor roulette. I am trying to keep my MMR low and letting the last survivor escape unless I can use Rancor.Â
Only one thing, I feel like his "strongest" perk, "Nemesis", is too weak. Like it changes the obsession and shows the survivor for 4 seconds after being hit by a pallet... If I am not mistaken, the pallet stun is 2.6 seconds, and breaking a pallet is 3 seconds. Useless.Â
I would rather have an ability to mori/kill the obsession at the end game. Like I can do it with Rancor, but without the exposed status and "all gens are complete"Â requirement.Â
And yeah, Oni is not like Billy at all
Comments
Nemesis might be good with the old enduring, brutal, spirit fury treatment.
Well, not really, because you wouldn't even need to see them highlighted. Rofl.
Yep, I don't see how "Nemesis" only by itself can help me avenge my hurt feelings after being blinded or stunned by a pallet
Pyramid Head it can, just maybe not Mr. Bam Bam
Or, Nemesis could be a stack-based perk, so you can kill the obsession, after being stunned 10 - 15 times by the pallet (or blinded by flashlight).
15 is kinda reasonable number in my opinion
Oni is cute
Oni is a killer with a strange skill curve. I played him for quite a bit to celebrate his Minotaur skin, and felt like I was using a crutch killer to beat on noobs. Then I took a break and went back and realised that I was actually just good at Oni and hadn't noticed because of how gentle his skill curve is but now I have lost all skill.
Minotaur skin is really good. I think it is my favorite skin ever in this game.