I think The Trickster is still not where BHVR wants him to be

Please do not get me wrong. I am a big fan of balance changes and I think many tools that have been reworked are good for the Trickster. However, I also think it's still not where BHVR wants it to be. I still think it is very weak. Yes he has improved that is true, but he is still not good enough. Can any official confirm this with stats or something ? What is your current opinion about the Trickster?

regards

Comments

  • @landromat said:

    Trickster is going to be bad no matter what changes they do because he can't deal with long wall loops. They can make him devastating in the open But one game of being looped for 5 gens in cowshed and you'll never play him again

    I mean hes a slow moving ranged killer, so I wouldnt want to be stuck looping someone and lose. I dont loop people very often when I play Huntress either. Better to catch them on a gen or at least apply pressure some other way using your range.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498185#Comment_2498185

    I mean hes a slow moving ranged killer, so I wouldnt want to be stuck looping someone and lose. I dont loop people very often when I play Huntress either. Better to catch them on a gen or at least apply pressure some other way using your range.

    As huntress one your successful shot means health state. Trickster with his lullaby gives survivors enough time to find safe place and he can't just leave the chase because laceration decays. Terrible killer

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550543#Comment_2550543

    As huntress one your successful shot means health state. Trickster with his lullaby gives survivors enough time to find safe place and he can't just leave the chase because laceration decays. Terrible killer

    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm just saying that a ranged killer should not be looping for very long. That's probably why you're losing so much progress

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550548#Comment_2550548

    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm just saying that a ranged killer should not be looping for very long. That's probably why you're losing so much progress

    And im just saying trickster can not allow that because of how his knives works

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550560#Comment_2550560

    And im just saying trickster can not allow that because of how his knives works

    I know when I play Huntress that my best chances of hitting someone is outside of a loop. I feel like this also holds true for Trickster. 6 blades are easier to hit in the open than inside of a loop that could have high walls, windows, pallets, etc to block your vision, blades and pathing. It's not a good experience with Huntress I know for certain.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280298/i-think-the-trickster-is-still-not-where-bhvr-wants-him-to-be

    you mean the killer who is literally better then nurse basically? lmao, trickster is a ######### machine when we come to basement plays, and this killer has meaningless counter play from the survivor's part, they can't do better then losing line of sight, and even 1% of line of sight is easily deadly because of 5 knives in that time span, and then the trickster with absolute no skill at all, can hit another knife and down the survivor, please tell me where this is fair and balanced AT ALL....

    Honestly I agree with this.

    That is, if the survivors run in straight lines. Or don't look behind them and just in general don't know how to play against trickster. So basically survivors who just bought the game...

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550573#Comment_2550573

    I know when I play Huntress that my best chances of hitting someone is outside of a loop. I feel like this also holds true for Trickster. 6 blades are easier to hit in the open than inside of a loop that could have high walls, windows, pallets, etc to block your vision, blades and pathing. It's not a good experience with Huntress I know for certain.

    Good luck doing that. Stats say his killrate is 47% so not many people follow your advice i guess

  • @landromat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2550584#Comment_2550584

    Good luck doing that. Stats say his killrate is 47% so not many people follow your advice i guess

    Of course I'm not saying he cant be a weak killer 😄 just that if it were me I'd feel like my time is wasted trying to loop someone I can't even catch up to. And since I'm playing a ranged killer I have less chances to hit them inside loops

  • He is a failure. I already bane playing against him, but if you buff him anymore he will be too opressive, but you can nerf him either or he will become mr banana depipster again

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280298/i-think-the-trickster-is-still-not-where-bhvr-wants-him-to-be

    you mean the killer who is literally better then nurse basically? lmao, trickster is a ######### machine when we come to basement plays, and this killer has meaningless counter play from the survivor's part, they can't do better then losing line of sight, and even 1% of line of sight is easily deadly because of 5 knives in that time span, and then the trickster with absolute no skill at all, can hit another knife and down the survivor, please tell me where this is fair and balanced AT ALL....

    This right here. Is why this game is in its state. There are people who unironically think things that are just objectively false.

    If you think Trickster is ANYTHING more than a gimmick mid tier who can sometimes get a fast down you are just objectively bad at the game or playing against bad survivors. Which are the same thing

  • His design just doesn't work. Easiest killer in the game to deal with once you're actually at a tile with a high wall. He's only strong in very specific scenarios (out in the open, low wall tiles), and those things are mitigated by running away from the killer sooner than you would run away from other killers. It's not new math. His power is ridiculously inefficient at loops.

  • @PNgamer said:

    Please do not get me wrong. I am a big fan of balance changes and I think many tools that have been reworked are good for the Trickster. However, I also think it's still not where BHVR wants it to be. I still think it is very weak. Yes he has improved that is true, but he is still not good enough. Can any official confirm this with stats or something ? What is your current opinion about the Trickster?

    regards

    No matter what current trickster is set in a spot where he is either going to be weak and "ok" to go against, or objectively better huntress and horrendous to face. Trickster is the only killer I would really say needs a rework. His kit right now has no depth or uniqueness that makes him better than other killers in a specific thing.

  • Hopefully they chuck the creepy bastard in the garage. I doubt it, but a guy can dream.

  • @Miles said:

    He is a failure. I already bane playing against him, but if you buff him anymore he will be too opressive, but you can nerf him either or he will become mr banana depipster again

    There must be a way to improve it without overtuning it.

  • @PNgamer said:

    Please do not get me wrong. I am a big fan of balance changes and I think many tools that have been reworked are good for the Trickster. However, I also think it's still not where BHVR wants it to be. I still think it is very weak. Yes he has improved that is true, but he is still not good enough. Can any official confirm this with stats or something ? What is your current opinion about the Trickster?

    regards

    The more you buff trickster the more miserable you make him to vs with no impact on how strong he is. He's just a poorly designed killer like deathsligner who you can't balance around properly.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280298/i-think-the-trickster-is-still-not-where-bhvr-wants-him-to-be

    The more you buff trickster the more miserable you make him to vs with no impact on how strong he is. He's just a poorly designed killer like deathsligner who you can't balance around properly.

    So I am very optimistic that the developers will try to implement one or the other change in the future. Besides, I do not think that the Trickster is badly designed now

  • @Altarf said:

    Trickster was very obviously meant to be a popular money-making killer. He's rated easy, has a familiar power lifted from a killer that statistically is the second most played, (Huntress) and had a whole bunch of marketing and such related to his K-Pop background. Look at the marketing for Trickster compared to Twins. He also gets skins every other patch, and has gotten about four balance updates, each with the intent of making him stronger. He was probably meant to be the next Huntress but paid, like how Blight was the next Billy, except this time they didn't nerf Huntress as well because of the devs being Huntress mains.

    Unfortunately, since Trickster's power concept is intrinsically flawed because they tried to pull off old Legion again for whatever reason, he can and will never be strong. BHVR don't seem to realise this. I think somebody at BHVR is probably scratching their head, looking at pitiful kill and pick rates for Trickster and wondering what went wrong.

    He could've easily been one if not the best killer cash cow if the power was as well designed as Pinhead's. Sadly his power seems like a second thought

  • 115 please bhvr :)

  • Trickster struggles too much on map dependance. If the survivor can constantly break line of sight it makes him so much harder. On maps with good LOS, ormond for example, he feels pretty effective, but he's still not that great.

  • @jadss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2498243#Comment_2498243

    incredible assumption btw, never said that, she is literally fine she is the 2nd best killer behind trickster because of his uncounterable play-style.

    Good nurses predict good survivors and good survivors try to predict the nurse, it's a battle between who will win a mindgame or who will get outplayed really hardly, I don't think she needs buff or nerf, but trickster does need nerf.

    ...This gotta be a troll. ngl,

  • @PNgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2552908#Comment_2552908

    So I am very optimistic that the developers will try to implement one or the other change in the future. Besides, I do not think that the Trickster is badly designed now


    What kinda changes do u want him to have?

    The problem is he's another one of these 1v1 killers who's designed to destroy 1v1s but still looses the game cause he's not designd for 1v4's. This is what 90% of new killers are these days which makes them awful to vs and awful to play because you still loose even if you down ppl fast.

    I don't mind having 1v1 style killers but we already have plenty of those, and ones that are just better desgiedn with lots of stategy to them.The problem i have with him is that more often than not both sides are helpless in trickster chases. Chases are more rng on how many walls there are to block him/how long you can hold w for.

    Imo i want more killers like doctor/freddy/oni who have unique forms of map pressure but also have tools that aren't super opressive in chase.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556626#Comment_2556626

    What kinda changes do u want him to have?

    The problem is he's another one of these 1v1 killers who's designed to destroy 1v1s but still looses the game cause he's not designd for 1v4's. This is what 90% of new killers are these days which makes them awful to vs and awful to play because you still loose even if you down ppl fast.

    I don't mind having 1v1 style killers but we already have plenty of those, and ones that are just better desgiedn with lots of stategy to them.The problem i have with him is that more often than not both sides are helpless in trickster chases. Chases are more rng on how many walls there are to block him/how long you can hold w for.

    Imo i want more killers like doctor/freddy/oni who have unique forms of map pressure but also have tools that aren't super opressive in chase.

    You're right about what you're writing and I can totally relate.

    What would I personally change about him?

    -I would increase the Throw State Movement speed (as a basekit) as the add on currently does. (Mainevent Speed I would adjust accordingly so that you benefit from Add ons like: Inferno Wires, Lucky Blade and Waiting For You Watch, better.

    -Diamond Cufflinks I would rework completely

    As for the rest ? Well, I'm not a developer....

    all I know is that it just does not perform optimally despite the latest changes.

1 2 ›