I am confused and my lack of understanding is pissing me off (rant post)
Why do moris need to be even weaker? They're almost nothing but a third hook state when your practically already dead. Why do they need counterplay? What could possibly be so bullshit about moris that they need to be able to be countered? And this also raises the question of what happens to Devour Hope and Rancor. Are survivors going to be able to counter those moris as well even though one if them is just a worse bitter murmur without it and one can be destroyed before it can be useful? Michael's add-ons have counterplay as well. Please explain any sense in the decision to give moris counterplay. You are literally nerfing offerings plenty of people find useless and perks with counterplay. There is going to be no point in using anything that allows you to mori a survivor if they can just counter it. What's next, nerfing trapper? Because there is no need to nerf moris so I would like to know if we're going to see even more nonsensical nerfs like a trapper one. Seriously who at BHVR thought this was a good idea?
Comments
They're going to make them basekit though? And instead of making them something stronger/weaker they're trying to make them a more usual, more interactive gameplay feature? Same with keys; add them basekit, make basekit counterplay, and make them a decent strength
I hope the survivor counterplay for mori's isn't too strong. After all, if a survivor is downed on their third hook, they're guaranteed dead anyway.
Is the title a reference to 90% of all forum post?
In all likelyhood, survivors and killers will likely need to do 'something' throughout the course of a match to be able to mori/use keys outside of perks
Personally I'm all for both going/being implemented in a better fashion. Especially keys. If we were talking about old mori's I'd be celebrating but mori's are as useless as fog offerings now for killer so yeah
I hope it's some kind of new fun dynamic because the standard gameplay has gotten a bit stale, nothing has really shook up how the game's played and that's upsetting.
We don’t know how the new mori’s will work in exact detail, so saying that they are being nerfed because they mentioned mori’s getting counterplay but they were very unclear on everything else doesn’t really mean its getting nerfed
clearly they intend moris to be weaker.
yeah they're getting nerfed.
For those of us not in the loop (who don't keep up to date on what the plans are), what is this post in reference to? Are moris getting nerfed?
“Making them weaker isn’t the only goal”
then whats the other goal?
check out the pinned discussion by @GoodBoyKaru it's somewhere in there. Also king did a video regarding it.
making them more interactive and fun which won't matter because they're already debatably pieces of ######### unless it's Devour Hope.
Here is one of the times I being this up.
This was my mistake in not being clear enough. By "Making them weaker isn't the only goal" I meant that changing them to only work on death hook, and thus make them weaker, wasn't the long-term solution they were looking for, and a further rework is being made.
With that being the intention behind the words, it makes sense to read it how I phrased it, however now I can see how that could mislead some people.
People don't like MORI's because it negates DS and encourages tunnelling
How would they even nerf them again? Make them only usable after the 3rd hook? More likely it'll be a mechanics change where they're easier to get and to avoid. But even more likely they won't be able to think of anything and they'll never be changed from what they currently are
I am VERY concerned about Keys becoming basekit.
As it stands, if Mori's become basekit, it isn't a HUGE balance issue, even as they are now.
Keys, however, could be a massive issue and I am not sure if I trust BHVR on this one.
and that is #########-awful idea numbero dos
And as further clarification, I don't think basekit Ebony Mori is a good idea, even now. It removes any possibility of counterplay to save a Dead on Hook Survivor.
But Keys seem like the bigger issue.