One of the devs said they don't want anyone to feel like they have to run certain perks to succeed..

Well... does that mean base regression is finally going to get looked at?

Because base regression has been near useless for years now. With no sign of them making it actually matter any time soon.

The only reason killers bother to invest time into regressing gens is because there are perks to help them do it. Either by removing a chunk of progress, or removing the need to invest the 2 seconds to start the regression.

Without those perks, there is basically no reason to bother with kicking a gen. Especially when half a second of contact will undo your time investment.

Comments

  • Devs have also said they were going to optimize the game for console and look at the performance today……

    Don’t take anything they say to heart.

  • Well, they can't always have what they want

  • BHVR stopped promising stuff the minute people called them out for not fulfilling out their plans

  • @Triadequinaxor said:

    BHVR stopped promising stuff the minute people called them out for not fulfilling out their plans

    Plans they should have no issue fulfilling. Unless they want to admit their spaghetti code isn't up to par.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    Devs have also said they were going to optimize the game for console and look at the performance today……

    Don’t take anything they say to heart.

    They also once said they would never add a clown killer because there is a real phobia for that.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497019#Comment_2497019

    They also once said they would never add a clown killer because there is a real phobia for that.

    They also said that they’re going to stop doing events in order to go all out on their Anniversary and Halloween. Anniversary passed and it just felt like another broken chapter.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497073#Comment_2497073

    They also said that they’re going to stop doing events in order to go all out on their Anniversary and Halloween. Anniversary passed and it just felt like another broken chapter.

    I can only hope they actually mean it for the Halloween event. I can only imagine how upset people would be if they screwed up another Halloween event.

  • The issue they face now is that if they balance generator speed/regression to not require gen regression perks. Then you have a handful of perks that will absolutely break the game.

    They put themselves into a hole.

  • Doublebloodpointeventwhen?

  • @Ludicris said:

    The issue they face now is that if they balance generator speed/regression to not require gen regression perks. Then you have a handful of perks that will absolutely break the game.

    They put themselves into a hole.

    Then balance those perks in the same PTB as the regression changes.

  • I really hope something like base Regression or base PGTW will never exist. Stacking Slowdown-Perks is the easiest und most boring way to play Killer, this should not become Basekit.

    They might want to look at something that tapping is not possible anymore or that the initial Kick takes a little bit of progress immediatly instead of just starting to regress a Gen. But not more IMO.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497147#Comment_2497147

    I can only hope they actually mean it for the Halloween event. I can only imagine how upset people would be if they screwed up another Halloween event.

    I had lots of hope for it up until the anniversary. Now my expectations are tempered and all I'm expecting are some blood points/shards and a cosmetic. No new temporary mechanics or temporary holiday game mode because they're too much work. I read a suggestion once where they poster suggested that the devs give us a holiday mode where the killer is only Myers and the map has no gens. Instead, the survivors have to do their best to hide and dodge the killer and only one survivor can escape, that is if they're the last alive and make it to the exit/hatch before Myers gets to them. Would be nice to spice the game up from time to time.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I really hope something like base Regression or base PGTW will never exist. Stacking Slowdown-Perks is the easiest und most boring way to play Killer, this should not become Basekit.

    They might want to look at something that tapping is not possible anymore or that the initial Kick takes a little bit of progress immediatly instead of just starting to regress a Gen. But not more IMO.

    Base regression sucks right now, I agree it shouldn't be ruin levels of regression. But it shouldn't be anything to scoff at either.

    Plus if they do buff kicking a gen in some way, they'll be able to safely nerf the gen regression perks.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I really hope something like base Regression or base PGTW will never exist. Stacking Slowdown-Perks is the easiest und most boring way to play Killer, this should not become Basekit.

    They might want to look at something that tapping is not possible anymore or that the initial Kick takes a little bit of progress immediatly instead of just starting to regress a Gen. But not more IMO.

    You know you could just make them base and then nerf the perks right? Not everything is as cut and dry but this is. I don't like Gen regression but if they don't do something Low tier killers are gonna stop being used in favor of map mobile killers who RUN TINKERER EVERY GAME.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497227#Comment_2497227

    Base regression sucks right now, I agree it shouldn't be ruin levels of regression. But it shouldn't be anything to scoff at either.

    Plus if they do buff kicking a gen in some way, they'll be able to safely nerf the gen regression perks.

    @Sweet_Tour said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497227#Comment_2497227

    You know you could just make them base and then nerf the perks right? Not everything is as cut and dry but this is. I don't like Gen regression but if they don't do something Low tier killers are gonna stop being used in favor of map mobile killers who RUN TINKERER EVERY GAME.

    IMO it is fine that Killers can use Perks for it. It is not like anyone is forcing them, they decide on their own to run those Perks. And they are strong Perks, so totally worth a Perk Slot.

    And as I said, it would make Killer-gameplay more boring if there would be base Regression or base Slowdown in the game. At least for me, I avoid stuff like that a Killer and I guess I would become bored pretty easily if I get so much hand-holding.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497253#Comment_2497253

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497318#Comment_2497318

    IMO it is fine that Killers can use Perks for it. It is not like anyone is forcing them, they decide on their own to run those Perks. And they are strong Perks, so totally worth a Perk Slot.

    And as I said, it would make Killer-gameplay more boring if there would be base Regression or base Slowdown in the game. At least for me, I avoid stuff like that a Killer and I guess I would become bored pretty easily if I get so much hand-holding.

    I will also point out no one is forcing YOU to kick gens if such a change were to occur.

    Those of us who would like to not be forced to use perks for gen regression will be fine. As well as you being fine since you're such a good killer that you don't need to run those perks.

    It's a win/win

  • yeah try running no slow down perks :) see how it goes devs :)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I really hope something like base Regression or base PGTW will never exist. Stacking Slowdown-Perks is the easiest und most boring way to play Killer, this should not become Basekit.

    They might want to look at something that tapping is not possible anymore or that the initial Kick takes a little bit of progress immediatly instead of just starting to regress a Gen. But not more IMO.

    Definitely in agreement with this. As someone who plays both survivor and killer a lot more these days I feel the real issues with game speed are related to the fact that basic M1 killers have no options to counteract the amount of time wasted by someone simply holding shift W.

    I personally believe that the survivor speed boosts duration when hit should be looked at and slightly tweaked, while reworking loops and perks to compensate.


    If a survivor is able to mind game and use their resources and perks effectively to evade the killer then by all means I think that's generally healthy gameplay, but the fact that most optimal way of wasting the killers time in a vast majority of situations also takes the least amount of thought is very concerning.


    As a last note i've always found it very unnecessary that survivors can start the game literally two steps away from a generator.

    I think the game can place survivors at a respectable distance away from their first gen as to encourage a choice of them to either go straight for the gen or use that chance to complete a side objective.

  • Makes you wonder where they've been the last 4+ years.

  • They've done a great job of making survivor play fairly necessity free in terms of perks. Wish that was true of playing killer.

    True killers don't have to run meta perks to do well (against the most casual of survivors),but facing a decent sense of efficiency requires otherwise. Playing chill requires bad survivors to facilitate the fun.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497073#Comment_2497073

    They also said that they’re going to stop doing events in order to go all out on their Anniversary and Halloween. Anniversary passed and it just felt like another broken chapter.

    Damn you didn't back down.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    Makes you wonder where they've been the last 4+ years.

    Playing civilization, maybe?

  • @Triadequinaxor said:

    BHVR stopped promising stuff the minute people called them out for not fulfilling out their plans

    This one frustrated me. Because a little humility goes a long way. “Hey, we know we talked about an Early Game Expansion to help balance killers who are slow to start, but we couldn’t figure out a balanced way to do it/couldn’t get our idea to work in the game/straight up don’t know how to code it. We are having to scrap the idea for now, we’ll let you know if we come back to it.” This would generate so much good will with the community because they’re being open and honest - it doesn’t feel like we’re in limbo forever holding out hope that maybe they’re working on it in the background.

    Look at the colorblind situation. They could’ve said they had something in the works at any point. But nope, wait until a bad PR move forces them to reveal it to put out a fire.

    It just feels like their PR department just doesn’t know how to handle community interaction and it’s kinda sad at this point.

  • @Ludicris said:

    The issue they face now is that if they balance generator speed/regression to not require gen regression perks. Then you have a handful of perks that will absolutely break the game.

    They put themselves into a hole.

    I mean, ideally they buff base regression/increase gen speeds/whatever else so that generators take 50% longer of the time that gen regression perks normally give, then they nerf all of the gen regression perks by 50% (maybe even make it so they can't stack). That way if you run the perks you effectively reduce things down the same amount.


    Another idea i had was that they should just massively buff every gen regression perk (with the exception of maybe ruin), but then make them like exhaustion perks, where you can only get 1. And they all do something unique.

  • I can already see the patch notes:

    "People complained about having to stack gen slowdown perks for a decent match. We heard you loud and clear! In our next patch we will nerf Ruin, Pop and corrupt. "

  • Sheeeeet.. it was in front of us this whole time. God damnit McCote..

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I really hope something like base Regression or base PGTW will never exist. Stacking Slowdown-Perks is the easiest und most boring way to play Killer, this should not become Basekit.

    They might want to look at something that tapping is not possible anymore or that the initial Kick takes a little bit of progress immediatly instead of just starting to regress a Gen. But not more IMO.

    Honestly, all they need to do is one kick removes 5% progress, and it regresses it at half a charge a second (160 seconds to fully regress instead of the current 320) and I'd be perfectly happy.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497330#Comment_2497330

    I will also point out no one is forcing YOU to kick gens if such a change were to occur.

    Those of us who would like to not be forced to use perks for gen regression will be fine. As well as you being fine since you're such a good killer that you don't need to run those perks.

    It's a win/win

    You are not forced to run them. It is entirely possible to play Killer without Slowdowns - but then you have to get pressure with faster chases. But it is not like someone tells you that you HAVE to run those Perks.

    @Bluebird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497227#Comment_2497227

    Honestly, all they need to do is one kick removes 5% progress, and it regresses it at half a charge a second (160 seconds to fully regress instead of the current 320) and I'd be perfectly happy.

    I dont know about the Regression to be honest. But might be fine. And yes, Kicks should remove some more Gen Progress, 5% sounds alright. Currently, kicking Generators is a big waste of time. And STILL Killers do that - first thing they do when they approach a Gen with Survivors on it: They kick it. Without PGTW or anything.

    And this is what worries me, those are the people who are never satisfied. They want more all the time, so even if the Devs change something, they will ask for more. And I have seen questionable things here on this Forum already, from Ruin Basekit (both old and new Ruin) to normal Kicks removing 20% of the Progress and PGTW removing all of it.

  • @Bluebird said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497227#Comment_2497227

    Honestly, all they need to do is one kick removes 5% progress, and it regresses it at half a charge a second (160 seconds to fully regress instead of the current 320) and I'd be perfectly happy.

    That's basically all it would take to satisfy me. Something else they could do is make survivors stay on the gen for 2 seconds to fully stop the regression.