What did they do to pallets? Cant throw them half the time.

Comments

  • I don't know but I have the same problem.

  • Can't say I've experienced this.

    And that goes for the fits of rage, too.

  • Aight so here's what happened. When you're moving, as in running, in a certain direction you cannot drop a pallet from one side, only the far side of the pallet. Say if you were running to the pallet from ahead, you would have to run through the pallet to drop it.

    You can counter this by moving backwards or walking slightly.

    I fear this may become more common than before with the now recent removal of the reversal, where you stun a killer on the same side of the pallet you're on.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Aight so here's what happened. When you're moving, as in running, in a certain direction you cannot drop a pallet from one side, only the far side of the pallet. Say if you were running to the pallet from ahead, you would have to run through the pallet to drop it.

    You can counter this by moving backwards or walking slightly.

    I fear this may become more common than before with the now recent removal of the reversal, where you stun a killer on the same side of the pallet you're on.

    So now I need to walk backwards if I want to try and stun the killer? Whatever it is this needs to be fixed it makes the game feel super unresponsive. I know I am raging in the clip but this is far from the first time this has happened to me. Legit happens almost every other game, happened twice in the game the clip is from. After a while it just gets infuriating.

  • @Puffnstuf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488707#Comment_2488707

    So now I need to walk backwards if I want to try and stun the killer? Whatever it is this needs to be fixed it makes the game feel super unresponsive. I know I am raging in the clip but this is far from the first time this has happened to me. Legit happens almost every other game, happened twice in the game the clip is from. After a while it just gets infuriating.

    Or just take your finger off the shift key momentarily while attempting to drop the pallet and be on your way

  • Also, is there a new thing/bug where you hit a survivor as a pallet comes down...they scream...but don't go down a heal state? Anyone else?

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Also, is there a new thing/bug where you hit a survivor as a pallet comes down...they scream...but don't go down a heal state? Anyone else?

    That's a side effect of hit validation at pallets combined with instant feedback from p2p days.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Also, is there a new thing/bug where you hit a survivor as a pallet comes down...they scream...but don't go down a heal state? Anyone else?

    Pallet validation, you were never meant to get that hit. hopefully they get rid of scream and blood cause its annoying.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488744#Comment_2488744

    That's a side effect of hit validation at pallets combined with instant feedback from p2p days.

    @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488744#Comment_2488744

    Pallet validation, you were never meant to get that hit. hopefully they get rid of scream and blood cause its annoying.

    Ok cheers.

  • Watching your video In 0.25x, it's annoying the moments where the interaction with the pallet appeared on the screen. It shows very lately.

    Usually, survivors repeatedly press the "space" bar to be sure to drop it...

    But you know, "they" have changed something about the reverse pallet... And you know how the 'pretty good job is so far' 🤨

  • @n000b51 said:

    Watching your video In 0.25x, it's annoying the moments where the interaction with the pallet appeared on the screen. It shows very lately.

    Usually, survivors repeatedly press the "space" bar to be sure to drop it...

    But you know, "they" have changed something about the reverse pallet... And you know how the 'pretty good job is so far' 🤨

    they changed something unnecessary and it did something bad lol

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488839#Comment_2488839

    they changed something unnecessary and it did something bad lol

    Oh, some changes to "hit validation" were 100% necessary. I do not even see how that could possibly be up for debate. But I am very glad Behavior agreed on that front. Nothing should be that consistently inconsistent.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488875#Comment_2488875

    Oh, some changes to "hit validation" were 100% necessary. I do not even see how that could possibly be up for debate. But I am very glad Behavior agreed on that front. Nothing should be that consistently inconsistent.

    no i meant reverses. tho its nice when i play killer but when i play against nurse or spirit its a little less nice. ive only had this porblem since recently with the pallet not throwing down. mabye its been a bug for a while and i havent noticed it.

  • Yeah, you need to stop running if you're throwing a pallet on the same side.

  • Well, good to know how to get around it but the fact that this is a thing is incredibly dumb.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Well, good to know how to get around it but the fact that this is a thing is incredibly dumb.

    This has been the case since the removal of vaccum pallets

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2489186#Comment_2489186

    This has been the case since the removal of vaccum pallets

    Doesn’t make it less dumb, just dumb and also old.

  • Yea that was bs. You were right in front of it. The only thing that I could imagine is that the server felt like you were a bit off. But even then... But you know that's a typical dev thing were they change sth no one asked for. Fixing hook vacuum, locker vacuum, shrine, grind, still matchmaking, certain abilities, buff/nerf perks or whatever. Nope. Pallets.

    I think this is what we call in our country a work-procurement measure. Many people are working on bhvr and they need tasks bc they get paid for it so changes like that happen were you feel like #########.

  • Best guess is that the hit-/interactionbox collision is off like for totems. you know the totems you can only cleanse if you are standing at an ultra-specific spot? guess it's the same here.

  • Can't say I've noticed a problem with pallets myself but my friend has noticed this issue recently too.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488877#Comment_2488877

    no i meant reverses. tho its nice when i play killer but when i play against nurse or spirit its a little less nice. ive only had this porblem since recently with the pallet not throwing down. mabye its been a bug for a while and i havent noticed it.

    The reverse pallet stuns? They mentioned in the recent patch notes that they took that out of the game. It's definitely not a bug.

  • @Lemoniax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488885#Comment_2488885

    The reverse pallet stuns? They mentioned in the recent patch notes that they took that out of the game. It's definitely not a bug.

    I know, it's just the after they took them out is the only time I'm getting this bug.

  • I'm kind of surprised he didn't get stunned from that drop.

  • They changed the pallet models to look like Crash Bandicoot crates and somehow managed to break a not insignificant amount of pallet things.

    Did you know there's a pallet over on the Game that you can't break from one side? A very safe stair pallet?

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I'm kind of surprised he didn't get stunned from that drop.

    same