I hate MMR

Forced to play killers that can compete with high MMR rather than just playing what I want, when I want to without having to completely sweat fest the entire time. The game isn't balanced around high players why would you think this was a good idea? The new killer (pinhead) isn't even good. I think it's time for me to move on from this game, I don't see it going anywhere

Comments

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Then move on.

    already did

  • Clearly not if you're on the forums about it.

    Plus you implied you were considering it, not that you did.

  • So, you are complaining about sweatfests, but are playing the strongest Killers? Interesting.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So, you are complaining about sweatfests, but are playing the strongest Killers? Interesting.

    because if I don't the game punishes me that's what I was saying

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    So, you are complaining about sweatfests, but are playing the strongest Killers? Interesting.

    It's like you intentionally ignored the point about this, and went onward to attack it as if it was hypocritical.


    Anything for a quick jab that gets you some upvotes, right?

  • Honestly what i have start to do is i win 1 match then trow 2 match like that i can stay in a fun mmr and play what i want

  • You make a good point saying the game isnt balanced at high level.

    Maybe mmr will help them to do so but... Will they ?

    Imo DbD is not calibered as a competitive game, and this whole thing of an Mmr is here to protect new players.

  • I've enjoyed SBMM for my solo survivor games, but I can't get killer games anymore. I've sat in lobby for 20 - 30 minutes waiting, swapping between all the killers I play.. and nothing.

    Only survivor for me now. :'(

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    I've enjoyed SBMM for my solo survivor games, but I can't get killer games anymore. I've sat in lobby for 20 - 30 minutes waiting, swapping between all the killers I play.. and nothing.

    Only survivor for me now. :'(

    I think it's pinhead. Everyone want to play killer now. So the queue times are really high as killer. Maybe in some weeks it's better.

    My killer queue is 10-15 minutes. And that's also really long.

  • @TGB said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488570#Comment_2488570

    It's like you intentionally ignored the point about this, and went onward to attack it as if it was hypocritical.

    Anything for a quick jab that gets you some upvotes, right?

    Nah. It is just, if someone wants to play the strongest Killers (most likely with the strongest Build), they should expect to get good Survivors. Even with Rank-Matchmaking I never understood all those complaints - people were playing at Rank 1 and they expect easy games? They should go against the best players. This was not even the reality, because the Ranking System was horrible.

    But now, you cannot really complain about sweaty players when you are sweaty yourself. Players who bring strong stuff should face strong opponents.

    @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488570#Comment_2488570

    because if I don't the game punishes me that's what I was saying

    If you just want to play what you want, just play what you want? It might be possible that you lose some games, but afterwards, you will be at an appropiate Rating.

  • @botrax said:

    Honestly what i have start to do is i win 1 match then trow 2 match like that i can stay in a fun mmr and play what i want

    This is what I have also started doing, game is much more enjoyable

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488689#Comment_2488689

    Nah. It is just, if someone wants to play the strongest Killers (most likely with the strongest Build), they should expect to get good Survivors. Even with Rank-Matchmaking I never understood all those complaints - people were playing at Rank 1 and they expect easy games? They should go against the best players. This was not even the reality, because the Ranking System was horrible.

    But now, you cannot really complain about sweaty players when you are sweaty yourself. Players who bring strong stuff should face strong opponents.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488678#Comment_2488678

    If you just want to play what you want, just play what you want? It might be possible that you lose some games, but afterwards, you will be at an appropiate Rating.

    Problem is that it seems like your best killer boost other killers MMR. I want hard games, when I play my best killer.

    I hoped it will be actually separate MMR, so I can chill with weaker killers, but instead I have it everytime, doesn't matter how weak killer it is. You say don't bring strongest perks, well what else should I bring? It is not like the survivors will not do the same, or I will get worse survivors, when I use weak build.

  • @DaBawb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488730#Comment_2488730

    The difference between DBD and most other games with an intense ranking system being, DBD is not that mechanically difficult to play. Like at all. Especially for survivor, where 90% of the gameplay is holding m1. I go into a game like League and the game is so in depth that I can play an easy mode character like warwick and still be learning things with him all the way up to diamond. DBD it's like not really, you get to a safe loop with Bubba and you hold W after the survivor and that's that. I would go out and say a silver level league player is good enough to play DBD at a "high level" no problem with most of the killer roster.

    The MMR system just highlights how incredibly poor the balance is (we all knew that though).

    The implementation is also poor. The other games with similar ranking systems don't have loadouts you carry game to game. If i'm at 1000 MMR, and there's a 1000 MMR survivor who uses no items and the 1000 MMR survivor who uses a key every game; how is that balance? It only gets more blatantly broken the higher up you go.

    "The other games with similar ranking systems don't have loadouts you carry game to game."

    That's BS.

    So you want to tell me it doesn't matter in moba games, what champion you main? Especially, where there is always small meta and rest sucks. I gave up on LoL years ago for Dota, so maybe they learned how to balance, but I doubt it.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488730#Comment_2488730

    Problem is that it seems like your best killer boost other killers MMR. I want hard games, when I play my best killer.

    I hoped it will be actually separate MMR, so I can chill with weaker killers, but instead I have it everytime, doesn't matter how weak killer it is. You say don't bring strongest perks, well what else should I bring? It is not like the survivors will not do the same, or I will get worse survivors, when I use weak build.

    Yeah, but you should expect the other side to bring the good stuff. I mean, you cannot expect to go into the game as Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer Blight with Alchemist Ring and Speed Add Ons and go against Survivors with Meme-Perks. Because you will obviously win many games with a loadout like this and will go against Survivors who also win most of their games.

    And this is only fair IMO. If someone wants to use really strong or even broken Add Ons, they should get the respective opponents.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509596#Comment_2509596

    Yeah, but you should expect the other side to bring the good stuff. I mean, you cannot expect to go into the game as Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer Blight with Alchemist Ring and Speed Add Ons and go against Survivors with Meme-Perks. Because you will obviously win many games with a loadout like this and will go against Survivors who also win most of their games.

    And this is only fair IMO. If someone wants to use really strong or even broken Add Ons, they should get the respective opponents.

    Well, but you are acting like using 0 perks will affect what other side brings.

    They are going to use meta perks no matter what I do.

    I got into high MMR with Legion using BBQ, Pop, Enduring, Spirit fury. I don't say it is bad build, but definetly not best meta build I can bring. Problem was it some point survivors just knew how to counter Legion and it was really hard to play. I had to play around 3-gen every game.

    So I just started to use Blight, so I can chill with him. Survivors same, but better killer...

    Atm best way to determine MMR is to see how many hours have others played on avarage, which is sad, because it is probably even less acurate than ranks. They should just show MMR imo.

    (my avarage what I play against is 2k)

  • @DaBawb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2488730#Comment_2488730

    The difference between DBD and most other games with an intense ranking system being, DBD is not that mechanically difficult to play. Like at all. Especially for survivor, where 90% of the gameplay is holding m1. I go into a game like League and the game is so in depth that I can play an easy mode character like warwick and still be learning things with him all the way up to diamond. DBD it's like not really, you get to a safe loop with Bubba and you hold W after the survivor and that's that. I would go out and say a silver level league player is good enough to play DBD at a "high level" no problem with most of the killer roster.

    The MMR system just highlights how incredibly poor the balance is (we all knew that though).

    The implementation is also poor. The other games with similar ranking systems don't have loadouts you carry game to game. If i'm at 1000 MMR, and there's a 1000 MMR survivor who uses no items and the 1000 MMR survivor who uses a key every game; how is that balance? It only gets more blatantly broken the higher up you go.

    U get some rly good points but u still missed one major. League is balanced around strongest players and none cares about silver player opinion. Dbd is all about survivor crying rivers untill game became survivor sided and they still keep crying. This game should be killer sided and survivors should be afraid of killer not otherwise.

    If devs want this game get big they should find some guts and start doing their job ignoring those rivers.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509609#Comment_2509609

    Well, but you are acting like using 0 perks will affect what other side brings.

    They are going to use meta perks no matter what I do.

    I got into high MMR with Legion using BBQ, Pop, Enduring, Spirit fury. I don't say it is bad build, but definetly not best meta build I can bring. Problem was it some point survivors just knew how to counter Legion and it was really hard to play. I had to play around 3-gen every game.

    So I just started to use Blight, so I can chill with him. Survivors same, but better killer...

    Atm best way to determine MMR is to see how many hours have others played on avarage, which is sad, because it is probably even less acurate than ranks. They should just show MMR imo.

    (my avarage what I play against is 2k)

    The MMR is based on kills, escapes, and match time. Now I have no idea how match time can possibly even calculate with the killer because even when I get 2k with all the gens done the MMR still seems to go up for me so the only way to counter that is to bring corrupt intervention but I still only think it's based on kills for the killers and if that's the case then the devs have just stated that the win condition is escapes and kills.

    MMR should have been based on the pip system but there could be reasons as to why that would be a bad idea that I am not aware of

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509615#Comment_2509615

    The MMR is based on kills, escapes, and match time. Now I have no idea how match time can possibly even calculate with the killer because even when I get 2k with all the gens done the MMR still seems to go up for me so the only way to counter that is to bring corrupt intervention but I still only think it's based on kills for the killers and if that's the case then the devs have just stated that the win condition is escapes and kills.

    MMR should have been based on the pip system but there could be reasons as to why that would be a bad idea that I am not aware of

    because pip system is bad?

    It is unfair for some killers. Double pip is way harder on Exposed killers than m1 killers for example.

    It is bad for survivors, it doesn't really reflect how well you played, because it forces you do things that don't actually have to be best thing to do at that time.

    I am not sure, if pip system is worse than kill / escape system tho. Both seems bad to me. There is lot of factors they could use and we know that game tracks those data, because some of it is used in pip system.

    We could track hooks, protective hits, save unhooks, chase duration, game duration, pallet drops.

    How I would determine survivors MMR -> I would care about gens, chase duration, number of protective hits, number of save unhooks and time you had not on hook (so you don't get punished for getting camped). I wouldn't punish that you didn't do something, but reward for doing something each, or doing something a lot (1 chase for 5 gens).

    and for killers -> kills, hooks, avarage chase duration, game duration and time near hook.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509633#Comment_2509633

    because pip system is bad?

    It is unfair for some killers. Double pip is way harder on Exposed killers than m1 killers for example.

    It is bad for survivors, it doesn't really reflect how well you played, because it forces you do things that don't actually have to be best thing to do at that time.

    I am not sure, if pip system is worse than kill / escape system tho. Both seems bad to me. There is lot of factors they could use and we know that game tracks those data, because some of it is used in pip system.

    We could track hooks, protective hits, save unhooks, chase duration, game duration, pallet drops.

    How I would determine survivors MMR -> I would care about gens, chase duration, number of protective hits, number of save unhooks and time you had not on hook (so you don't get punished for getting camped). I wouldn't punish that you didn't do something, but reward for doing something each, or doing something a lot (1 chase for 5 gens).

    and for killers -> kills, hooks, avarage chase duration, game duration and time near hook.

    exactly, they could have also overhauled the pip system to match this as well but idk I just want the pip system to actually do something. Probably a broken dream, rip 🙏

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509649#Comment_2509649

    exactly, they could have also overhauled the pip system to match this as well but idk I just want the pip system to actually do something. Probably a broken dream, rip 🙏

    I think Grade system is bad and is not helping current sweaty situation, because lot of players want to climb rank asap, so they can flex on others for rest of the time, then reset and here we go again.

    I would link Grades with MMR and disable resets.

    Problem is that they need to keep pip system, because of adepts and this is only way they thought of using it I guess.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509654#Comment_2509654

    I think Grade system is bad and is not helping current sweaty situation, because lot of players want to climb rank asap, so they can flex on others for rest of the time, then reset and here we go again.

    I would link Grades with MMR and disable resets.

    Problem is that they need to keep pip system, because of adepts and this is only way they thought of using it I guess.

    Yea I think the Adept should be "kill 4 people, here's your achieve" just to get it out of the way since all you have to do with a survivor is escape

    The only reason they reset it now is because of the blood point reward which is dumb

  • @Rescultir said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2509662#Comment_2509662

    Yea I think the Adept should be "kill 4 people, here's your achieve" just to get it out of the way since all you have to do with a survivor is escape

    The only reason they reset it now is because of the blood point reward which is dumb

    250k is nothing... I doubt anyone who have more than 500 hours in this game care about it. I hoped they will give charms or something to show off.