Anyone knows how i can actually play the game without waiting 40 minutes?

My friend just send me the hellraiser chapter for my birthday, but there´s a little inconvenient you can´t play the game if it never finds a match and if it does it´s premade, there´s an actual solution for this or i´m just doomed to wait?

I just want to play the game man, am i asking too much?

Comments

  • People say it's faster to get a game in the evening as Killer but for me, it doesn't matter the time of day.

    I've been waiting 20+ Mins for every one of my Killer games since SBMM was enabled.

    Fun.

  • Same. Matchmaking is super slow for me as killer. I switched to survivor and it loaded me into one quickly.

  • @Moxie said:

    People say it's faster to get a game in the evening as Killer but for me, it doesn't matter the time of day.

    I've been waiting 20+ Mins for every one of my Killer games since SBMM was enabled.

    Fun.

    Its because they released only a new killer, so more people are playing killer to play him and use his perks on other killers. I'd give it a week and killer queues should be shorter at night again. Pretty much every chapter is like this.

  • @PanicSquid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2487001#Comment_2487001

    Its because they released only a new killer, so more people are playing killer to play him and use his perks on other killers. I'd give it a week and killer queues should be shorter at night again. Pretty much every chapter is like this.

    Yeah, only real option is play survivor for a while because everyone wants to play killer right now.

  • This was a killer only chapter so there are more killers playing than usual. This is typical for chapters and causes increases to killer queue times. It will even out in a couple weeks.

  • Yeah I've found that I'm waiting at least 4 minutes to find survivors.

  • @Mr_K said:

    This was a killer only chapter so there are more killers playing than usual. This is typical for chapters and causes increases to killer queue times. It will even out in a couple weeks.

    It's a factor I believe. But I also think the higher people's MMR is, the longer it's going take them to find a match.

  • I've only been waiting 3-5 mins for a match as killer. I've been playing after dinner so that's usually the busiest time.

  • Playing earlier in the day works for me. Anytime after about 6pm is terrible for me survivor or killer

  • @Rhe2veja said:

    My friend just send me the hellraiser chapter for my birthday, but there´s a little inconvenient you can´t play the game if it never finds a match and if it does it´s premade, there´s an actual solution for this or i´m just doomed to wait?

    I just want to play the game man, am i asking too much?

    I haen't been having horribly long q times, but I've got two recommendations:

    1. Watch a video while you wait*, occasionally checking to make sure the match hasn't started yet.
    2. Play with your friends/online acquaintances on a custom match.

    *Here's my music youtube channel, because shameless self promotion: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp8bRto4jimJt7_4jhbz2_Q

  • @ZonkyWizard said:

    Same. Matchmaking is super slow for me as killer. I switched to survivor and it loaded me into one quickly.

    A lot of people are playing pinhead so maybe that’s part of why killer queue times are long.

  • It took a bit for me to get my first Pinhead game. Everyone else has been 5 minutes or less.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    It took a bit for me to get my first Pinhead game. Everyone else has been 5 minutes or less.

    5 minutes is perfect for me though. I have to smoke before each trial......

  • Its like you guys have never played this game before. Killer waiting times are always big after a new Killer comes out.

    Play Survivor and wait a few weeks.