On Console is it possible to bind the "Vault" button and "Escape Chains" button to different buttons

I'm an idiot, and every time I try to hold the R1 button to escape chains, I inevitably end up vaulting back into Pinhead. I feel like if I could bind the two actions to different buttons it'd help a little. Does anyone know if it's possible? The controls section isn't very clear on which button is for which actions.

Comments

  • I didn't play vs him yet but I think you can. Because I switched vaulting/palletdrop to r2 and it is separated from actions like working on a gen etc. which is the default r1.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Haven't faced Pinhead yet but there is an "Actions" setting and "Pick Up Item, Interactions" setting. "Actions" affects vaults/pallet drops/lockers, while the other setting affects things like healing/mending/generators/exit gates/boxes/item pickups. It's likely that the second option affects chains as well.

    E: confirmed, Pinhead's chains fall under the latter. I recommend vaults on O/X (B/A on Xbox) and everything else on R1/RB.


    Yeah, this worked for me. Going to take some getting used to. But for me it was the Pick Up Item / Interactions button that affects the chains.

  • nah like 20 actions shall be attached to one button

    DCCC3062-7681-4D31-88DB-28C93B6AC9DC.gif


  • @Jago said:

    No.

    Why do you lie? You absolutely can. I set my Pallet drop and vault button to X on Xbox.