Pinheads New Gateway Time Limit
Or, as I like to call it, "DON'T BE CREATIVE!"
Seriously, who cares if the killer is using it to wait in ambush? Are other killers going to get their powers forcefully shoved into one little box? Is there some huge impact to the game that I'm missing, because it doesn't exactly seem like a useful camping tool, but maybe I'm wrong about that? The chain Hunt's themselves feel like they're fantastic for camping anyway. And even if that's the case, they could give us more than 6 seconds.
It just feels like the most unnecessary nerf they could have done. I honestly don't understand it, it's not going to stop people camping at all. It's just the Devs stripping one small facet of a new killer's power becuase they didn't like that some people weren't playing the killer they way they wanted the killer to be played.
Which also begs the question: does that mean Twins are fully intentional...?
Comments
imma be real i read gateway as giveaway and wondered when you got rich
(maybe after the disasterous release of twins theyre scared to touch them and any new bugs that arise become features)
If I could I would sprinkle the community with Pinhead just so I could be punished like a naughty girl.
Yeah, honestly I don't know why they did that.
._.
It was unnecessary but no one is going to be standing still for longer than 6 seconds in a chase.
Probably patched by the same people who patched Plague's breakable wall interactions.
The Gateway looked like a neat selfie-stick for Pinhead.
Aww, that means Plague's mori's gonna get nerfed, too :(
Obviously. One of his nerfs were that survivors are immune to his ability for 3 seconds after being unhooked. It goes hand in hand with the gateway change.
Why? No clue, but you do not need understand any of BVHR changes. I assume they believe he is above expectations.
Maybe its those surveys. I can imagine a lot of survivor mains filling out those surveys when they ask the questions of like "Is the killer power threatening" and they put like overwhelmingly so. I can totally imagine a player like Sluzzy filling a survey like that. haha.
What are you talking about?
Who gives a damn anyway.
Camping with a power isn't creative anyway. And six seconds doesn't remove camping.
I swear people find the stupidest non-issues to complain about.
Does he still lose distance using his power in a chase while successfully hitting it? As in survivor's can break chains and gain distance over him while he catches up.
When you send out his portal, you can now only maintain it for 6 seconds. I assume it's to stop people from camping, but it also won't actually do that so it's kind of just a random limitation on his power to prevent people from using it creatively.
The Devs went out of their way to add a limitation to a killers power that doesn't impact undesirable behaviour (camping), only creative uses of the power. That seems like an awful precident for them to set, since they actually wasted time to impliment it and yet haven't done so with other killers whose powers actually pose a serious problem, with the example I gave being The Twins and their ridiculous ability to actually facecamp people having never been addressed.
The Devs didn't mention anything about the chain-breaking duration, so I assume so.
Yeahhh... I don't like it. I get that they don't want people to camp and tunnel, but his ability already sucked for camping, and campers would just play Bubba if they wanted to do so.
Hope that they revert this change, or at least increase the duration to like 30 seconds or something, 6 is too short.
Honestly, I don't even know what I would use the extra time for. It's just... Who is this for? Why put in the effort?
It's like someone finished a painting of a classical figure completely with tasteful fig leaf, then decided it wasn't modest enough and threw a bucket of paint over the leaf.
Damn, you summed it up perfectly.
They went out of their way to remove this... because it's stupid and nobody should be doing that with their power anyway because its counter productive.
You're LOOKING for something to complain about and it shows.
Thirty seconds? What? ๐
Eh yeah you're right, just remove it entirely.
If I was looking for something to complain about I would be going on about how the lament configuration punishment is extremely flawed or the fact that his gateway chains don't even prevent W-holding.
The issue here is that they went out of their way to remove something that was utterly harmless.
So now, you yourself are admitting that you are taking a non-issue and making an entire thread to complain about this non-issue even though there are actual things to discuss?
This doesn't make the case you think it does.
It wouldn't make a difference one way or another.
The effect is negligible and it doesn't change how people play Pinhead except if they want to make useless hits.
The only way I could see this being impacted is with Engineer's Fang.
What are you talking about?
I'm pointing out is that they actually wasted time on this instead of fixing something that was causing actual problems. That's a pretty big issue whether you like it or not. It's an arbitrary change with no overt purpose that they wasted effort on, but they routinely ignore genuine problems with similar solutions.
So why this change? Just... Why? Demogorgon can still freely spam it's shred, after the rework. Twins can still freely camp despite all the changes. Both of them should, in theory, require similar levels of effort to change as Pinhead being able to hold his gateway open indefinitely. And yet they chose to change Pinheads gateway after deliberately ignoring those other two, supposedly unintentional aspects of two recently tweaked powers.
That's a problem. It's not a gameplay problem, it's a development problem.
I advise against paying for pinhead, ignore himc ompletely, to show these devs that akiller proven in the test server to have needed some slight buffs before release is not tolerable when they receive a nerf instead (one that swf can heavily abuse to boot, in fact it'll mostly be swf that abuse the box I expect but mmr will eventually face you against many more swf if you're halfway decent on top of it driving some survivors to form more swf groups as done in previous tests). If you guys truly want their bs to stop you need to stop paying 10 or 15 bucks for skins every few weeks and buying what you know to be either suboptimal (and therefore not necessary) or outright trash killers. It's past the point where the devs are to blame when the userbase has understood how the operate forever and continues to enable them. It's the players' fault he sucks and still got a nerf anyways before being released, not the devs' fault. They know you're gonna buy it anyways. Wait for the perk to hit the shrine and keep using corrupt/ruin/pop till then. ffs
I played sluzzy few weeks ago and he was surprisingly chill. Very surprised
I agree. It's a bizarre limitation of his power that otherwise has pretty solid design. Even if you were to camp with it, you'd still have to be near the survivor hit with the chain to get value out of it.
But at least Pinhead's buffs seem nice.