Hag is the least fun Killer to play against in all of Dead By Daylight

Frankly screw this Killer.

This Killer (and Nurse but that is a separate discussion) is an antithesis to everything DBD is known and loved for. Players love chases, they love mind games, they love close calls and they enjoy feeling a sense that they can accomplish something even when playing SoloQ.

ALL of this is thrown in the garbage with Hag. She is such a campy and lame Killer idk even where to begin. For starters when playing SoloQ you may as well not even bother playing the match and ######### on first hook because you KNOW how this is gonna go. She's gonna spam traps around the hook, teammate comes, gets hit, trades hook with you. You run away and one of two things happens: Either you run into a trap and get downed instantly or your poor teammate across the map dared to not crouch across the map constantly and had the misfortune of walking over a trap the same exact color as the dirt and grass and has a 5 mile trigger radius.

NOTHING about this Killer is fun. She doesn't chase, she doesn't have anything interesting about her, literally EVERY HAG PLAYER just spams these stupid hard to see traps all over an area and if you are dumb enough to even attempt to traverse it without crouching, you are punished.

I know Flashlights and Flashbangs can counter this but hindsight is a cruel mistress, and obviously we cannot predict who we go against.

Coordinated SWF can counter her sure, but SoloQ against this Killer is one of the most miserable experiences in the entire game.

She isn't fun. Killers have their ups and downs, Slinger is ranged but can be looped, Trapper has a very rough early game but can snag some very detrimental downs, Clown and Doctor have good anti loop but dropping pallets early really hurts them.

Hag is just all downs. She is lame in chase, she spams traps for cheesy hits, her power naturally encourages camping.

I'd argue she is easily, EASILY the least fun Killer in the game to play against. Please change her soon.

Comments

  • Now, I will say from the start I 100% agree with MOST of your post.


    However, the only time Hag isn't fun is when she's played like how you stated in your post. Spamming traps around hooks, spamming traps around generators, spamming traps in hotspots for Survivor activity (not necessarily around loops), etc. makes Hag unfun to go against. I've had matches with Hags that used their traps to counter loops when mid-chase, and only put MAYBE one or two around hooks, and it was probably one of the most fun Hag matches I've had. When they play her in a way that strategically uses her traps, it can be a very fun match, however I'd say 80% of Hags just spam her traps everywhere because ggez win.

  • @PoweroSymbols3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/276861/hag-is-the-least-fun-killer-to-play-against-in-all-of-dead-by-daylight

    I mean, can you expect her to keep chases up, she was abused and she is old, not really the type for walking, might as well figure out another way to transport yourself, lol

    Don't care, not fun.

  • Why even make a post if you're not open to discussion? 🤨

  • I actually don't mind hags, they are one of the only killers to still jumpscare me. It's pig I can't stand playing against. Those stupid hats drag the game out so much, even worse when the pig decides to chase you around while you tryna get it off

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467677#Comment_2467677

    Why even make a post if you're not open to discussion? 🤨

    You added nothing to the discussion.

  • The problem is not the lack of communication in solo que, its the player you get when you play solo. In of my rare hag matches i had good teammates and suddenly it was a complete different experience.

    Triggering traps in the right time to destroy them was really fun. But i can understand that its a different experience compared to other killer and not everybody likes it. But i think its good that we have some unique killer.

  • Fun for me to play as Hag, so whatever.

  • I wouldn't cry if they gave her the billy treatment.

  • Why is everyone complaining about Hag recently? I rarely see her. Prob the killer I see the least. I play on NA servers at ranks 4 &5. Is she popular in a different region on lower levels??

  • honestly just make it so her traps are destroyed from a certain distance of hooks. would makeee her so much better to face.

  • Ahem brother

    @KerJuice said:

    Why is everyone complaining about Hag recently? I rarely see her. Prob the killer I see the least. I play on NA servers at ranks 4 &5. Is she popular in a different region on lower levels??

    I've complained about her for years. She may be rare but she is never fun. The people who play her either main her (extremely unfun game) or they are new with her and camp (extremely unfun game).

  • Hags that don't camp are actually fun to play against, you have to figure out the area she chose to place her traps (kinda like with Trapper), and you need quick reflexes and thinking to react to a triggered trap. The problem is that they are a very, very small minority, and most of the times they use her most broken addons (cough Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag cough) that remove that fun factor.

    I say this since a very long time: the Hag needs a rework. Her current state is unhealthy, for the survivors but also for the killer (let's not forget that she is very vulnerable to bullying and abusing by SWF squads).

  • @White_Owl said:

    Hags that don't camp are actually fun to play against, you have to figure out the area she chose to place her traps (kinda like with Trapper), and you need quick reflexes and thinking to react to a triggered trap. The problem is that they are a very, very small minority, and most of the times they use her most broken addons (cough Rusty Shackles and Mint Rag cough) that remove that fun factor.

    I say this since a very long time: the Hag needs a rework. Her current state is unhealthy, for the survivors but also for the killer (let's not forget that she is very vulnerable to bullying and abusing by SWF squads).

    Hag is not vulnerable to bullying unless you are a bad Hag

  • @Bumbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467781#Comment_2467781

    Hag is not vulnerable to bullying unless you are a bad Hag

    Ah the good 'ol passive-aggressive insult argument... I missed it.

  • When trickster exists only he can be the most unfun

  • @White_Owl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467794#Comment_2467794

    Ah the good 'ol passive-aggressive insult argument... I missed it.

    There is no aggression or insult other that exists in your eyes, it is an experience of a Hag main. Baby Hags don't know how to deal with survivors that run around you to trigger your traps. Good Hags are grateful for that because every survivor running around you is not doing gens. Also that usually gives you a lot of free hits.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    When trickster exists only he can be the most unfun

    Trickster at least can be looped for a wee bit and has to stop to reload knives. Hag just spams her traps and isolates an area to be a total no fun zone. It's actually amazing how unenjoyable it is.

  • @Bluebird said:

    Now, I will say from the start I 100% agree with MOST of your post.

    However, the only time Hag isn't fun is when she's played like how you stated in your post. Spamming traps around hooks, spamming traps around generators, spamming traps in hotspots for Survivor activity (not necessarily around loops), etc. makes Hag unfun to go against. I've had matches with Hags that used their traps to counter loops when mid-chase, and only put MAYBE one or two around hooks, and it was probably one of the most fun Hag matches I've had. When they play her in a way that strategically uses her traps, it can be a very fun match, however I'd say 80% of Hags just spam her traps everywhere because ggez win.

    I agree with this but hag's who play like this are a minority, and for good reason, that's an ineffective way to play hag.

    Hag's who play to win set a web on a 3 gen, never chase survivors, and camp anyone they hook.

  • I completely disagree that Hag's power encourages camping. She can teleport from 40m away by default. Anyone camping with Hag is playing her wrong.

    As for her not being fun to go against, you're not playing against her properly. Disrupt her web of traps, set them off when she's busy, learn the trigger radius (3m by default, by the way) and trigger traps from the edge and immediately double back so she won't get a hit. Force her to chase by not letting her set up. Flashlights help, but you don't need them all the time.

    Focusing on countering her can be incredibly fun when you know what you're doing. Plus most Hag players can't deal with being disrupted.


    I will say Rusty Shackles is boring AF to go against, though. That addon really needs changing IMO.