Cheaters are completly out of control.

Literally they even started streaming on Twitch. (I cant send send the channel link cause the forum mods get mad "We do not permit the naming and shaming of anyone").

Its insane that in 2021 this game almost fully clientside, basically everything the client will do will be accepted by the server.

For example: Im playing Ghostface, i tell the game (by injecting into the process, so from client-side) to thrown an hatchet.

Server: Oh ok, everything seems fine, he is just throwing an hatchet as ghostface, nothing strange.

There are literally no checks from the server, this literally sucks.

Another problem is related to the anticheat. EasyAnticheat is literally a joke, just load a signed kernel driver and feel free to inject/do what you want with dbd.

When will bhvr stop making everything clientside? When the spaghetti-code will end? Probably never.

So yeah, at the end, if you are facing many cheaters thats the reasons, and probably go will only get worse.

Comments

  • I encountered 3 in less than 24 hours its pretty crazy that the anti cheat software is so trash.

  • I've encountered 3-4 in the past 3800 hours....

  • Yea it is getting somewhat bad. Especially the speed hacking. The game needs some kind of server validation to very their location.

    I have also seen a big increase in survivors that I am chasing that are suddenly a few steps back or forwards of were they were a moment before. I am on a fiber optic connection and rarely lag. I will focus on that survivor using the lag switch. Tunneling and camping them until they are sacrificed or the match ends.

  • @Jasix said:

    I've encountered 3-4 in the past 3800 hours....

    And the ones that didn't make a throw away account and fly around the map? ๐Ÿ™„

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461582#Comment_2461582

    And the ones that didn't make a throw away account and fly around the map? ๐Ÿ™„

    I have recorded/streamed every match I have played in DBD. Again...4 hackers in 3800 hours - all reported. If I - or my chat - had suspected more - I would have reported them. Like most things on these forums - I think some people's accounts of how many hackers they have encountered are exaggerated. One-upmanship is pretty prevalent on these forums after all.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461954#Comment_2461954

    I have recorded/streamed every match I have played in DBD. Again...4 hackers in 3800 hours - all reported. If I - or my chat - had suspected more - I would have reported them. Like most things on these forums - I think some people's accounts of how many hackers they have encountered are exaggerated. One-upmanship is pretty prevalent on these forums after all.

    You must have a decent pool of survivors then. I have had 3 single and 2, 4 man teams of rage cheaters (flying, instant gens, spam hooking etc) all within the last year and 20 suspected ones between killer and survivor. After 5k hours i know how many loops a survivor can do how far you should get after breaking a pallet etc...

  • @DeadByFrameLag said:

    Literally they even started streaming on Twitch. (I cant send send the channel link cause the forum mods get mad "We do not permit the naming and shaming of anyone").

    Its insane that in 2021 this game almost fully clientside, basically everything the client will do will be accepted by the server.

    For example: Im playing Ghostface, i tell the game (by injecting into the process, so from client-side) to thrown an hatchet.

    Server: Oh ok, everything seems fine, he is just throwing an hatchet as ghostface, nothing strange.

    There are literally no checks from the server, this literally sucks.

    Another problem is related to the anticheat. EasyAnticheat is literally a joke, just load a signed kernel driver and feel free to inject/do what you want with dbd.

    When will bhvr stop making everything clientside? When the spaghetti-code will end? Probably never.

    So yeah, at the end, if you are facing many cheaters thats the reasons, and probably go will only get worse.

    i got my first cheater in months yesterday. a dwight got up instantly after all gens where done. no adrenaline. everytime i hit him he healed in less than 10 seconds by himself. no medkit. lagged everytime i got him down. lagged when tried to hook him.

  • I encountered another one just an hour ago. He headon stunned me for 2 minutes, flashlight blinded me across the map, had unlimited endurance status etc.

    The other survivors went to report, I didn't. I am done sending in reports and then still seeing the same cheaters play MONTHS later. BHVR doesn't care.

  • some hackers dont make it so obvious, if they have aura hacks u literally wont be able to tell most time because they hide it with aura reading perks and other stuff, is terrbiel and EAC is trash.

  • @Jasix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461954#Comment_2461954

    I have recorded/streamed every match I have played in DBD. Again...4 hackers in 3800 hours - all reported. If I - or my chat - had suspected more - I would have reported them. Like most things on these forums - I think some people's accounts of how many hackers they have encountered are exaggerated. One-upmanship is pretty prevalent on these forums after all.

    And how do you explain the current situation? Just write on youtube "Dbd hacker" and you will see ton of videos made by streamers which encountred cheaters. Literally, the last 2 months are full, completly full. Is that a coincidence?

  • Sadly reporting does nothing, I still see the same exact hacker almost daily, I dodge lobbies but it is really annoying that nothing gets done.

    Some hackers also stream.

  • Ran into a hacker yesterday, filled out the entire report form, and than couldn't link the vid showing the gameplay necause BHVRs website wouldn't take it, and everyone knows they wont look at reports without vids. But not surprised, BHVR has been showing the past few months they care more about selling cosmetics than making a good game.