Disable dc pentalties until you FIX THE OPTIMIAZATION

I shouldn't be penalized for leaving a match against a pc player that has a VERY clear advantage that is given to them because you lot can't optimize last gen to save your lives.

Seriously is this some kind of sick joke that you're pulling on the console community? And what happened to the optimization road map you set up a couple YEARS ago! Did you just throw that away saying "LOL, like that's gonna happen."

here you can witness my final moments against this clown, because it crashed after I hit the floor.

https://youtu.be/G_WI-FNK7uE


Comments

  • Yes, you should be penalized for leaving a match.

  • I really, genuinely feel for the people who are penalized for having unintentional DCs. I can personally confirm that it's happened to one of my own friends, right during one of our games, and it was both random, unexplained, and unfair. It sucks. I know it sucks.

    But the DC penalty is a necessary evil. Just as I saw what happened to my friend, I saw way, way, WAY more examples of people abusing the lack of DC penalties when they were turned off. As bad as I feel saying this, and as crummy as it is to have to say, I'd rather hear about one or two people per day reporting an unfair DC than see three dozen intentional DCs in the same amount of time.

  • @Mr_K said:

    Yes, you should be penalized for leaving a match.

    Agreed. It'd be one thing if OP brought up crashes and stuff, but wanting DC penalties turned off just to DC against PC players is exactly why the penalty exists in the first place.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451442#Comment_2451442

    Agreed. It'd be one thing if OP brought up crashes and stuff, but wanting DC penalties turned off just to DC against PC players is exactly why the penalty exists in the first place.

    Yes because I'm tooootally talking about dcing against pc players in general.

    I'm talking about the ones that either intentionally or unintentionally play killers that lag console to the point of freezing for 2-6 seconds at a time. Hell I lagged so hard just yesterday playing against clown it literally crashed my game. If you don't see that as a problem or a good reason to not play a match then there is something wrong.

  • I suffer as much because of optimization as you,but turning DC penalties off won't help.

    Either play with crossplay off or find a game that actually runs with consistent FPS and isn't as frustrating as DbD currently is

  • They won't do that nor will they fix their game just wait for pinhead to come and you'll see this game in even worse state than it is right now at this point I could have stayed on dbd mobile it's free lag is same actually on console lag is a lot worse than on mobile and guess what? They don't care about us we are just extra money grab to them nothing else imagine it's been 4 months or close to it and we still have same issues and they keep adding new stuff when they clearly see it breaks their game instead focusing on health chapter but yeah pinhead is priority because you know they gotta collect some money from all this ppl that are gonna buy him plus new survivor yeah I can't really express my frustrations completely towards this because I would probably get banned from forums

  • This content has been removed.
  • No, dc penalty is good i dont want them to disable it forever

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451449#Comment_2451449

    Yes because I'm tooootally talking about dcing against pc players in general.

    I'm talking about the ones that either intentionally or unintentionally play killers that lag console to the point of freezing for 2-6 seconds at a time. Hell I lagged so hard just yesterday playing against clown it literally crashed my game. If you don't see that as a problem or a good reason to not play a match then there is something wrong.

    Don't ruin the game for others if you have issues running the game yourself.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451455#Comment_2451455

    Don't ruin the game for others if you have issues running the game yourself.

    Not everyone can buy the next best thing, so don't blame issues on players when it's an issue that the DEVS made.

    And who would I be ruining the game for? 2 maybe 3 people, I'll be generous and give you 5. 5 people out of over 600 THOUSAND players. They will never see me again, so if that ONE match ruins the game for them, then they have their priorities in the wrong place.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451659#Comment_2451659

    OH I'M SORRY MR SUPERIOR PC PLAYER! MY BAD LET ME BOW DOWN TO YOUR MIGHT OH HOLY ONE!

    Not everyone can buy the next best thing, so don't blame issues on players when it's an issue that the DEVS made.

    If you have nothing to add aside from "HA POOR, YOUR SYSTEM SUCKS" then you shouldn't be here.

    And who would I be ruining the game for? 2 maybe 3 people, I'll be generous and give you 5. 5 people out of over 600 THOUSAND players. They will never see me again, so if that ONE match ruins the game for them, then they have their priorities in the wrong place.

    Devs are very much at fault for optimization issues, but you are at fault for disconnecting and screwing over your teammates.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451696#Comment_2451696

    Devs are very much at fault for optimization issues, but you are at fault for disconnecting and screwing over your teammates.

    I thought he crashed and got a DC penalty.

    That's whats been happening to me.

  • I feel for those who have the disposable income to get a 9th gen console, but can’t acquire one due to them being sold out. Take the day off from work when you guys finally get. You guys deserve a full day of clean DBD after putting up with this for so long.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451705#Comment_2451705

    I thought he crashed and got a DC penalty.

    That's whats been happening to me.

    No, OP initially said that they disconnect if their game gets laggy. Their initial post said nothing about their game crashing.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451705#Comment_2451705

    I thought he crashed and got a DC penalty.

    That's whats been happening to me.

    In the video I did. But I also dc because of this aside from it just being unfun. Crashes can lead to corrupted data, so I either leave or close the game entirely if the game gets too bad. And like you saw in the clown video, it hit me all at once.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451708#Comment_2451708

    In the video I did. But I also dc because of this aside from it just being unfun. Crashes can lead to corrupted data, so I either leave or close the game entirely if the game gets too bad. And like you saw in the clown video, it hit me all at once.

    You shouldn't DC.

    But I agree that if you crash you shouldn't be penalized

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451718#Comment_2451718

    You shouldn't DC.

    But I agree that if you crash you shouldn't be penalized

    I don't like doing it, but what would you do, crash and have data get corrupted, or close it yourself resulting in the same outcome for the rest of the players except you get to keep you data intact?

    I know what I'd pick

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451718#Comment_2451718

    You shouldn't DC.

    But I agree that if you crash you shouldn't be penalized

    OP initially said he disconnected on purpose. The DC penalty worked as designed and was warranted.

    The video isn't actually long enough to tell what happened before and after and isn't that good quality so it is hard to tell what happened. It looks like the OP didn't vault early enough and the hit was fair. Especially since the OP vaults into a tonic cloud which would have slowed her down.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451723#Comment_2451723

    OP initially said he disconnected on purpose. The DC penalty worked as designed and was warranted.

    The video isn't actually long enough to tell what happened before and after and isn't that good quality so it is hard to tell what happened. It looks like the OP didn't vault early enough and the hit was fair. Especially since the OP vaults into a tonic cloud which would have slowed her down.

    No, they definitely crashed.

    Anyone who has crashed on Console can see that.

    I support the DC penalty for people who, ya know, DC. Not for people who crash.

  • I'm sorry this happened to you, and I know how frustrating all this can be but we need these DC penalties because when they get turned off a lot of DC happens in peoples matches. I wish there was a way it wouldn't affect crashes and stuff but this is unfortunately what we have to deal with.

  • @The_BiggCheeze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451449#Comment_2451449

    Yes because I'm tooootally talking about dcing against pc players in general.

    I'm talking about the ones that either intentionally or unintentionally play killers that lag console to the point of freezing for 2-6 seconds at a time. Hell I lagged so hard just yesterday playing against clown it literally crashed my game. If you don't see that as a problem or a good reason to not play a match then there is something wrong.

    So you DC against certein killers and as a excuse you claim they only played the killer to make you lag?

    Hopefully your penalty is stacking fast.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451755#Comment_2451755

    No, they definitely crashed.

    Anyone who has crashed on Console can see that.

    I support the DC penalty for people who, ya know, DC. Not for people who crash.

    If he crashed, then how did he got the clip?


    The clip is lost if the game crashes unless you are next gen..

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451795#Comment_2451795

    If he crashed, then how did he got the clip?

    The clip is lost if the game crashes unless you are next gen..

    No it isn't.

    It just cuts off. I've recorded clips from crashes on multiple occasions.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451831#Comment_2451831

    No it isn't.

    It just cuts off. I've recorded clips from crashes on multiple occasions.

    Are you on Xbox? I cant tell how it works there, but on Playstation the clip would be lost.


    On the clip i noticed its just recorded from the screen tho.

    Still weird why he didnt included the part where it crashed..

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2451856#Comment_2451856

    Are you on Xbox? I cant tell how it works there, but on Playstation the clip would be lost.

    On the clip i noticed its just recorded from the screen tho.

    Still weird why he didnt included the part where it crashed..

    Yeah, I am on Xbox.

    Once the game starts making the chainsaw noise I record a clip.