Perk: Stridor Discussion
----------What do you guys think about Stridor currently?---------
This is a perk that I used to run all the time back in the day before the sound changes and I felt like it really made a big difference and was extremely noticeable. I also liked the extra skill factor involved allowing me to try and rely on my hearing a little more for outplays. However, since the sound changes from quite a while back I feel like this perk just isn't that good at all anymore. Even when using it on a killer that it should be amazing and have a lot of synergy with like The Spirit, it just feels bad. I can barely even tell a difference between using it and not using it.
I think it could use a little buff by increasing the sound more than it currently does and maybe even make it a little more directional for readability. I'd just like to get it feeling a little closer to how good it used to be.
Comments
Increased Sound
Counters Iron Will
This is my experience exactly.
It definitely should counter Iron Will even when it is 100%. I really can't tell the difference with the breathing increase so I think they should buff that. Otherwise, I feel like it's only good on stealth killers.
Well, regarding streamers, dont sweat on it. They usually have their obnoxious voices all the way up to 95% volume and game down to 10%. Streamer mentality.
I haven't used Stridor, but I think it should be a good hearing perk that increases the volume of noises and slightly extends the range of hearing. It could go along the lines of:
You are sensitive to the noises around you. You can hear Survivor noises and actions 50% louder and can hear them from 4/8/12 meters further. [If this is not enough, reduces the volume of the overall chase music by 50%]
This would amplify the noises of:
Survivor Perks
I really like stridor, i used it on the nurse back in like august and september and it seemed really good for being only level 2. Stridor was really good. I don't know when the changes were, but if they were after i used it then i would agree with you.
Well the game has to be scary...
Never understood why it only has to be scary for the killer tho...
I think it should make survivors' grunts of pain more directional and counter IW. I would be so excited to run it on Rin then, cuz it would make her sooooo terrifying for injured survivors. No way to escape from her vendetta.
My thoughts as well, it would synergize so well with her power if it was better.
The sound changes to the game affected it quite greatly, i agree it actually was really noticeable and good back in the day. I'm sure everyone would appreciate some mix ups on the perks everyone runs as well. There are quite a few survivor perks for example that could catch me off guard but i know that no one uses them.
dont need stridor with my $20,000 astros.
I think iron Will is supposed to nuffle Stridor but you're right when the math adds up on Stridor's favour.
When it's a 4v1 I feel like the killer perk should always override the survivor perk unlike how we have it now where it's the opposite.
You really just need practice listening for the sounds, I recommend you maybe get a friend to join you in a match of Kill up your friends, injure them and make them move around in certain environments it helps quite a bit.
I think that it's useless.
Defend it all you want. To me, i'd run Monstrous Shrine over it, cause i might get actual use out of that Perk, like preventing a Kobe.
I have very nice headphones and the difference is still extremely minor to being barely noticeable. Still slightly better yes, but enough to be worth a slot these days? I don't think so at all. I'd like it to be though.
One thing is to not use 5.1 or 7.1 as it makes the surrounding sounds louder and the footsteps, breathing etc are more quiet, do a test yourself with the Huntress in the lobby, her breathing is a lot clearer when the muisc kicks in with surround off.